Mad Ani

Sumari Bala map no more FOG please

Hi Guys,

Sumari is a great city map, it's unique and it has been changed considerably with this layer of fog. Please can it revert back to how it was and have a nice sunset or something on there?

So many people complaining about it now in map rotations.

I personally don't mind the fog, maybe we could use even more of the obscuring weather conditions, I can imagine a sandstorm could be quite fun, not only in Sumari but perhaps also in some of the larger maps. I guess people are just annoyed that they can't do the usual optics sniping? Who knows. As Sumari feels like it was designed with the exact purpose of being smaller and more close-combat focused, the fog is fitting.

I feel like Sumari is actually played more often in the map rotations now but I haven't noticed that many complaints, to me it seems like now people are actually complaining less than before when the map was smaller and fogless.

I think the fog turns the map into what it is meant to be, a close quarter map. Before people would just camp in spots and snipe which wasn't the most fun. Maybe the fog can be tuned down a LITTLE, but definitely don't remove it.

So many people wanting to snipe on an urban CQB map it seems...

I get cosistently 4-5 fps less on sumari than any other map... and when im usually running around 38-40 fps, its makes a considerable difference. Therefor I would like to let the fog go, for now atleast.

Sumari has a lot of assets/buildings, so culling is used to make buildings load/pop into view the closer you get to them. The fog is there basically to cover the assets loading in, or you'd see a bunch of nothing in the distance, then you'd see a bunch of buildings load in the closer you get to them. Think of it like a smoke screen. This method is a lot cheaper than say, having every asset loaded in and relying on LOD values to try lessen performance hit.

If you don't have access to Admin cam on a server, go into firing range and change map to Sumari. Fly around and you'll see assets loading in and out as you fly around.

Here's a video that explains culling.

Fog provides a winning chance for insurgents so it should remain as it now..

9 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

obscuring weather conditions

Heavy rain when?

The comfiest video game weather.

Tbh, after the fog was implemented in that map, i started to like it

I like it, but please tone it down a bit. Over.

Perhaps 'mist' could be a thing on some of the more open maps as well to assist the insurgents and militia a little.

In my opinion the fog has to go , or atleast it should be reduced alot , i think the old sumari played really good ... and if the fog is some sort of a solution to bad performers on the map becuase of all the details , you might consider lowering the amout of players on this map since i don't think sumari is suitable for 80 players ( unless ofcourse the devs would like to keep expanding the map ) 

Maybe decrease the fob distance, or more a heat haze 

Heat haze or rain would be amazing, but the fog is just really too much.

As for the guy commenting about sniping on the map, I always tell me squad members never to use sniper on that map... even when it was previously clear without the fog. It's silly sniping on an urban map.

i was surprised when it first came in.

Now I think it has good impact on gameplay. View distance is good, you can still cover a long street with LMG but those without scopes can use the fields to flank.

More effects/variable fob would be nice but as this is the only dedicated CQB map I think it is great as is.