Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

Report a Player Thread

Well it's nearly time to have this on our forum,some people will definitely move or come from the "Darkside"...

We should have a thread that we can post our complaints/fraps about suspecting someone of cheating or using abusive language or any other undesirable behavior.

This would give our Admins/mods the time to investigate the player in question and do whats necessary.

We can call this thread whatever our devs feel is appropriate.Report a Player/Naughty Corner...etc

Your thoughts people....

Nova has this format:

Topic Title should include Game name, Player Name

The topic should have the following information.

Game name:  BHD,JO,DFX,DFX2
Player name:  Hacker09
PCID: A1634593

Offense: Flying and autonading while in game and using foul language.

P.S.Apologies if posted in wrong section...

Sorry , But I think the Idea sucks , Public Shaming / Accusations have no place in this forum . Anti-Cheat should take care of them , permanently ! Your opinion or mine on whether or not someone is cheating is irrelevant .

DEVs can't micromanage the community. 

Server administrators will deal with this via their own forums, as will the anti-cheat. 

This would be spammed with useless reports of people who get mad at someone regardless. 

FogHorn

That's OK mate,I do believe in our community of players opinions to be relevant and not all Anti-Cheats are 100% proof.

Admins on servers can't be policing servers all the time, time like this is when we need backup from our legit players.

Fir3w411

Yeah It could/would be spammed,that's why we have moderators.

If let's say 5,10,or more players reports the same player,it would be beneficial to investigate or have him on watch by mods!?

Thanks for the replies...

I'm sure threads like this will pop up on the forums of the communities that run their own servers, yeah?

That is blacklisting, and is very often frowned upon in gaming communities.

As said by others, it is public shaming and I don't support this. Complaints about certain players should be handled privately with the appropriate admins.

I'm sure threads like this will pop up on the forums of the communities that run their own servers, yeah?

Yep,well I hope so they will,but at the mean time before other servers come to play in a year or two? would it be beneficial for our community to have one here!?

Example: An Old frap catching a cheat,I remember this player killed me loads of BS times, way back then.

After he was reported with this evidence he was banned. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3i_D0hXiU

Yep,well I hope so they will,but at the mean time before other servers come to play in a year or two? would it be beneficial for our community to have one here!?

Example: An Old frap catching a cheat,I remember this player killed me loads of BS times, way back then.

After he was reported with this evidence he was banned. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3i_D0hXiU

I can hardly wait  :rolleyes: 

Finger-pointing-225x300.jpg

Shouldn't the dev's be the ones to implement this type of thread ?...(and thats assuming they even want one)...just sayin

Heh, no thanks for public "Rat Forum", the old system in forementioned game were better (a private dev site web form to inform mods in official servers). NW2beta "Rat forum" have always been a trolls and wackos paradise, although it is fun to get reported once in a few years when you know that you are clean .. only shows you are doing something right. :lol: Much more annoying were those some players with their nonstop gamechat hackusations, and the lack of moderation on that part even when that harrashment were against EULA.

Maybe there could be a Offworld Indrusties maintained and game inbuild (but not ingame so the there could be a small cooldown to avoid some of the ragereports) system that would be centralised place with webform to inform cheaters. The form could have dropdown menu for official and non-official servers and when player will pick the server the suspect of cheating or other violation happened the webform will send the message to person or to system that is entered on the servers options to gather these reports. So there would be one "official" gate for reports and not tenthousand private website you need to enter and create a account to report cheaters.

This type of webform the processing of reports can be somewhat automated so if some players get reported X times in a day it will rise a "urgent" flag etc.

Are we really expecting hacks to pop up in the closed alpha ?

I for one don't think so, as many of the people that are getting in are old PR veterans and those that aren't I wouldn't see them paying a lot of extra $ just so that they could get hacking in the closed alpha.

And about abusive language and behaviour, I would say let communities handle that, I for one am against public shaming even though I enjoyed it in Game of Thrones :D .

Maybe there could be a Offworld Indrusties maintained and game inbuild (but not ingame so the there could be a small cooldown to avoid some of the ragereports) system that would be centralised place with webform to inform cheaters. The form could have dropdown menu for official and non-official servers and when player will pick the server the suspect of cheating or other violation happened the webform will send the message to person or to system that is entered on the servers options to gather these reports. So there would be one "official" gate for reports and not tenthousand private website you need to enter and create a account to report cheaters.

This type of webform the processing of reports can be somewhat automated so if some players get reported X times in a day it will rise a "urgent" flag etc.

This is a good option WARti I must say.

I was reported a few times back then and I had no bad feeling towards them,actually I was quite honored!... ;)

Shouldn't the dev's be the ones to implement this type of thread ?...(and thats assuming they even want one)...just sayin

Oh Gawd no,no this isn't an actual Report thread,it was a suggestion for a report thread,thread...

PS.I would like to know from you guys,on what system if any have other games in place? I just posted what NW2 have in place...

This can be handled on the servers by the Admins. Having a Wall of Shame or Accusations in here would not bode well. It would cause an uproar of he said/she said. 

Any chance if 3 people from the same clan/guild/org/squad get reported , can we then report the ENTIRE CLAN

Several clans in BF4 on PC are well known in Australia for cheating

It would be nice to BAN and REPORT the entire clan

Nah, why should it be the dev's jobs to review hundreds of ban reports when they can be done by the admins of the server where the incident happened?

Hi RD, i agree in theory but Nologics system should be a shining example to the gaming industry of how NOT to run a "report a player" section.

It will only encourage spam and flame wars here as it has done over there. Our mods shouldn't have to deal with that sort of monkey business. This will be a new game with a new mature community. I would hate to see it descend into chaos here. Perhaps admins of servers should have the report powers to send it higher?

Start of rant.

Years ago, before Nologic wiped the forums, TEXAN-PO3- and some other old heads put forward the idea that the report player section should be anonymous. That would have been a much better option and curbed tonnes of frivolous "report player" abuse. He re-posted a less detailed version after the forum wipe which i think is still there somewhere.

Nologic shot themselves in both feet by building trainers into their game in the first place. They had corrupt mods protecting hackers and overturning bans. Cheaters wised up and behaved in game when they knew mods were watching. Punkbuster washed their hands of Nologic in what? 2008??..and Nologics own anti-cheat "nova defender" was always a joke.

After 2009 but before the first forum wipe i posted a thread on how to stop these hacks but Nologic never ever listens. They could have turned the hacks on themselves by including them (the trainers) into the game thereby updating the whole mess in one hit. Everyone would have been happy and the hacks would have run away. I can't remember them all, but some ideas i threw at them were;

Speed hack = turned into a sprint key with stamina bar.

Aim bot = laser guided AT4 or RPG for engineer class similar to Half-Life 2.

Chamming = Thermal sniper scopes similar to BF3 or ArmA.

I had answers for some of the others too but when a developer includes shit like, a "FAT BULLET" switch in the config, they were always asking for trouble.

Then we had the map glitchers. I proved they could be fixed with a Kendari airport remix. Known glitch spots needed extra sandbag walls in certain spots which was easily done by replacing some of the non tactical decorations or tree groups out in the boonies where NO ONE ever went. But Nologic couldn't even manage a fekkin map rotation once every 200 years.

...at the end of the day, Nologic have never listened to their players, in actual fact, Neverlogic took their own communities great ideas and did the complete opposite, and that is the sole reason why they are in the poo they are in today. I have no sympathy for J.Garcia and i hope he dies of ebola or stroke or something else slow and painfully.

End of rant.

:)

I don't believe that a Report A Player thread will be beneficial. I'm of this opinion because the definition of a "bad player" varies with every single person. Even among friends I have sometimes disagreed with their impression that a particular player was a "retard". Even despite that, it will become a thread where new and learning players will be called out all the time with people assuming that they're just stupid people. Finally, there situations where you simply do not know whats going on at a squad's location. While a squad might be involved in a firefight or an important manoeuver and unable to assist anyone else at the time, another squad might be in need of help and perceive that squad as merely unwilling, leading to a write up on the forums and should the other squad leader see it, an unhealthy debate in the best of circumstances. 

Instead, something the PR forums had that I thought was a thousand times more positive (and indicative of the type of community we want here) was the "Player Recommendation Thread" where you could instead post a positive experience with another player, squad lead, trans pilot, etc. and in this way reward those who do good and attempt to encourage people in that manner. 

(P.S. Hey Rulie, I guess you could say that community used... no logic! *baddum tss*)

I for one don't think so, as many of the people that are getting in are old PR veterans and those that aren't I wouldn't see them paying a lot of extra $ just so that they could get hacking in the closed alpha.

And about abusive language and behaviour, I would say let communities handle that, I for one am against public shaming even though I enjoyed it in Game of Thrones :D .

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised. Their kind have infiltrated every single game since the beginning. Nasty, filthy creatures.

My thought's exactly. I'm not saying it's an impossibility but that'd be one determined hacker who'd bother to buy closed Alpha access costing as much as it does just to Hack in this Game.

Not a fan of naming and shaming either, the only way someone should be banned is if they are a proven hacker (with evidence) not because someone took a disliking to them or thought they were playing too well so must be cheating.

I would hate to see it descend into chaos here. Perhaps admins of servers should have the report powers to send it higher?

As things progress and we see how well things are maturing with the Admin Community, I can envision Server Admins cooperating with one another to create a central way of reporting infractions that would report those players banned for cheating.

RagingDeath is correct that we should think about how to go about doing this. I am just not a fan of creating a thread that makes accusations by the players. That would result in a melt down within the community and would cause infighting.

FogHorn

That's OK mate,I do believe in our community of players opinions to be relevant and not all Anti-Cheats are 100% proof.

Admins on servers can't be policing servers all the time, time like this is when we need backup from our legit players.

Then you're very Naive :(

Sorry , But I think the Idea sucks , Public Shaming / Accusations have no place in this forum . Anti-Cheat should take care of them , permanently ! Your opinion or mine on whether or not someone is cheating is irrelevant .

I think public shamming is a good idea. What does this mean "Anti-Cheat should take care of them , permanently"? or at least have a report a rat page so we can alert the mods to a possible issue.