Rainmaker

Graphic exploiters / cheaters

62 posts in this topic
On 09/01/2017 at 7:35 PM, Catindabox said:

I heard in Joint Ops there was some sort of transparency added to character models when they were in foliage or something? That would be a good way to balance the two settings. For the less grassy portions in low settings the character would still blend in better.

Correct Sir! You had to get your Binos out & look for lumps on the terrain,then shot those pesky snipers in the butt...

On 09/01/2017 at 7:39 PM, chaz69 said:

lol here lately im the guy who crawls in 1/2 meter high grass for concealment only for enemy on 6 year old hardware laughing as they shoot me dead. 

i never did play  joint ops,  i hear it was fun though.

Never played JOps,you missed out big time with 100+ players battles,shame on you,lol!. ;)

18 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Delta force 2 was fantastic.. great game

Agree with you sir....DeltaForce,BHD,JointOperations and now Squad.... :)

My sole point was we want the developers talking more, not less.

5 hours ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

My sole point was we want the developers talking more, not less.

The more they talk, the less time for making the game ;-)

6 minutes ago, Karm said:

The more they talk, the less time for making the game ;-)

Happy 1,000 !!

Last time I played, around Christmas time, there was a squad of a couple of guys, every single match they'd end with atleast 70 kills and just a couple of deaths. I don't care how good you are at the game, unless you're abusing CROWS HMMWVs or the like, you aren't' getting anywhere near that. We even won a match by about 3 tickets because of them, when we should have lost it really badly.

Checked their steam profiles after the 3rd or 4th game with them, and sure enough, they had screenshots of their scoreboard antics and you could plainly see they were ****ing with the graphical settings. They were Russian as well. No idea if they were using anything on top of the graphical exploit, but the ability to get rid of all foliage and shadows, especially on rural maps, really needs sorting out as the game becomes more popular.

Don't know how it will be done because you obviously don't want to punish people with shitty PCs, and there'll always be a disparity between people playing on high/low (same with people playing at different fields of view having different view arcs and zoom levels), but there has to be a minimum threshold.

On 1/9/2017 at 6:15 PM, IrOnTaXi said:

@Rainmaker "scalability" (what you refer to exploiting) is a requirement of PC games due to the disparate hardware that people own. 

The ability to scale graphics settings isn't going away anytime soon. You are essentially requesting us not to support the low end hardware users of our customer base. Your images almost exclusively point out scalability. 

If you are looking for a level playing field console games can provide that. 

This is just a game with min / max hardware requirements we are trying to meet.

Will we attempt to raise that bar over time if the performance increases? - Of course. 

Is it a extremely high priority item at this point in the games life cycle? - No, of course not. I expect the next big changes on that front will happen during our next optimization pass around mid 2017. 

Have to take the entire game and its development in a full dimensional context and not only in the context of the experience today. Early access is about being along for the ride.. better or worse.. until the finish line. 

Hey @IrOnTaXi

I really appreciate your reply on this. And your reply was one of my biggest concerns, let me try to explain why. What I'm about to post is only aimed as a good intention and nothing else. I believe you might have misunderstood the scalability with exploiting in this case. The thing that can be done with changing the lines in the ini files is not anymore scalability if I can remove foliage, or in this case make it much more simpler than the original form, thus making my vision unfairly better in comparison to other proper players. On top of that, its possible to completely remove shadows and change the lightning system, which further puts tweakers in great advantegous position.

I think majority of people here knows that the PC is THE ultimate gaming system and I see no reason moving to a console when consoles do not posses a better atribute in comparison to a PC, except one thing, its dirt cheap thus available for the masses - available to the kids who need their gaming fix and their parents can provide that with the reasonable entry price. 

I don't even have a top of the range PC anymore my specs are:
Intel i7 [email protected] 2011s.
16GB RAM ddr3 1600mhz G.skill ripjaws
MSI GTX660 OC twinfrozr III 2GB
As you can see I am lagging behind on everything, mostly on my GPU, which is old several generations back. I have seen great improvement in performance with the ini change, but I have ventured in a very dark spot where only a certain kind of people can be. Also, these kind of people, majority of them got better machines then me, alot better, matter a fact they have todays generations of CPUs, GPUs and RAM.

Now I can understand that you never spoke to me personally, and you don't know me so how can you trust me when I say all of that?  I am assuring you I have been deeply involved in Squad community from the start, I joined this forum and have been following the kickstarter and news before the game released on steam, and I bought the game and played it almost every day since its release on steam and you can check that on my profile here http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rain-maker I have been in competitions like Squad League (where I played and never missed 1 round), I am leader and founder of a unit of about 15 people and we use Squad as our main platform. I played a little bit of Squad Masters, which I gave up on early on because its a den of tweakers. And I have been supporting (leading one side) the latest community event which might be the biggest event to have happened so far, Squad Frontlines. Few of my suggestions on the forum has well over 15000 views last time I checked them. I would say in general I know what I am talking about, especially when we talk about games, weapons or something along these lines.

Knowing and understanding what I just explained from my thorough input, and seeing me reporting this issue directly to you on the forum, even though I do not posses top of the range PC hardware, what does that tell you? The scalability has serious flawed problem which can be and is exploited daily, by low end PC users and high end PC users. Theres no limit to it and that poses a problem, and we, the proper players who play fairly with the beautiful graphics for full enjoyment and immersion are caught in the middle of it. The tweakers surely will not report something like this, they will enjoy in the advantage they have with their exploits while it lasts. Don't you find that a little bit unfair? I am sure you can dedicate a little bit of the testing time to this problem. I am even ready to volonteer for this job to make the game more exploit/cheater proof. You want more screenshots for comparison? Got it. You need me on your test servers? Sure. Anything, I am up for it because I see huge potential and greatness in your game, and I am sure you could already notice that.

Apologies for the long post, but I could not explain this in just 3 sentences.

Thank you for your time,
Rain

Edited by Rainmaker

I wish there was a system that would be aware of foliage, shadows etc. and user's settings. So if you turn down your stuff that something doesn't render, the enemies lying in what's supposed to be tall grass would be invisible, people hiding in dark shadows with dark uniforms would simply blend in making it equally hard to see despite there not being any shadows. People hiding in bushes would be mostly invisible even if there's no bush. It has been so ****ing long that this shit has existed I really don't understand how engine makers can't get around it and make it fair for everyone.

Cant you make a fix, where the game makes a fast diag... and if it sees lets say i7+16gb ram+gtx 980ti then you cant chose Low but mid/high as lowest, but if you have an i3 with 6gb ram+ low end gtx, then and only then you can drop the settings to low or off. 

I think this will help in 80% of cases, just a gues :D

Edited by Pyle_DK
bad english ;D

On 13/01/2017 at 8:41 AM, Kerri said:

Last time I played, around Christmas time, there was a squad of a couple of guys, every single match they'd end with atleast 70 kills and just a couple of deaths. I don't care how good you are at the game, unless you're abusing CROWS HMMWVs or the like, you aren't' getting anywhere near that. We even won a match by about 3 tickets because of them, when we should have lost it really badly.

Checked their steam profiles after the 3rd or 4th game with them, and sure enough, they had screenshots of their scoreboard antics and you could plainly see they were ****ing with the graphical settings. They were Russian as well. No idea if they were using anything on top of the graphical exploit, but the ability to get rid of all foliage and shadows, especially on rural maps, really needs sorting out as the game becomes more popular.

Don't know how it will be done because you obviously don't want to punish people with shitty PCs, and there'll always be a disparity between people playing on high/low (same with people playing at different fields of view having different view arcs and zoom levels), but there has to be a minimum threshold.

Didn't have to mention they were Russian though. I'll gladly slap myself if you can provide me with reasoning as to how their ethnic background has anything to do with their exploitation of the game. 

On 1/18/2017 at 11:58 AM, LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc said:

Didn't have to mention they were Russian though. I'll gladly slap myself if you can provide me with reasoning as to how their ethnic background has anything to do with their exploitation of the game. 

Let's not pretend Russians have a habit of playing fairly, per capita.

57 minutes ago, Kerri said:

Let's not pretend Russians have a habit of playing fairly, per capita.

This is not a forum where we lump together all people of a nationality, please respect the fact that people are individuals and nationalities have nothing to do with it.

The discussion about russians is over.