Strato_Alpha

JUMPING OVER GAPS from roof to roof

Romby   
34 minutes ago, Strato_Alpha said:

Hi Team!

You're doing a great job. However, i noticed that no one is allowed to jump over gaps of the roofs. While in reality, it is tactically important and it's physically possible.

Please refer to my screenshot for the sample of the gap.

Thank you!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832644801

YOu can make that jump pretty easy in game. Just sprint and time jump.

But i am pretty sure no soldier would never to it. First the jump is a bit to far/risky in real life. Could easily end in 2 broken legs/ankles. Second why would you jump to a roof with no stairs to get down quickly and little cover. Pretty shitty position to be in if you come under fire (especially because the buildings across the road are higher).

I really think they should limit the parkour abilities of players. Pretty stupid how you can balance a run on walls right now.

L0cation   
39 minutes ago, Strato_Alpha said:

Hi Team!

You're doing a great job. However, i noticed that no one is allowed to jump over gaps of the roofs. While in reality, it is tactically important and it's physically possible.

Thank you!

I think you should be able to with a little bit for running momentom ... could be wrong tho 

chaz69   

you can make the jump sir, you must hold the "W" the entire time, there isn't any momentum built into the game model off a single button push for jumping(cod/Bf).

Edited by chaz69

SHO-SHIN   
8 hours ago, Strato_Alpha said:

Hi Team!

Thank you!

yep as others have said, hold W and time the jump.

9 hours ago, Romby said:

But i am pretty sure no soldier would never to it. First the jump is a bit to far/risky in real life. Could easily end in 2 broken legs/ankles. Second why would you jump to a roof with no stairs to get down quickly and little cover. Pretty shitty position to be in if you come under fire (especially because the buildings across the road are higher).

I really think they should limit the parkour abilities of players. Pretty stupid how you can balance a run on walls right now.

Agreed and agreed.

12 hours ago, Strato_Alpha said:

Hi Team!

Thank you!

Physically possible? You ever carry 50 lbs. of gear and a rifle and jump over gaps in buildings in real life? Is that something you do often?

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Physically possible? You ever carry 50 lbs. of gear and a rifle and jump over gaps in buildings in real life? Is that something you do often?

Sorry, i forgot I was in the automatic rifleman role when I did the screenshot. But even with the m4, a person who is physically fit can jump over that little gap. and that gap is actually can be reached by a step-over, no jump needed (in reality).

Well, i forgot about the gears tho. 

Been trying the hold W+sprint+jump. Still fails to jump over that small gap. Maybe there's something wrong with my game? I tried it in all of the roles.

14 hours ago, Romby said:

Tactically, from a safe vantage point, i was supposed to displace to a secondary vantage point to support my squad. It was ideal to cross over that roof to get to the position in a crucial timing. I think that gap is actually can be reached by a big step-over (reaching step) ?

suds   

to add more fun to the game I often try to negotiate maps without touching the ground.

Hero mode.

15 hours ago, suds said:

to add more fun to the game I often try to negotiate maps without touching the ground.

Hero mode.

oh? there are available mods for the game? wow

suds   

no, my skills are legendary!

Really tho, If I want to be found I make sure of it. If I don't want to be found I play differently. Either can be achieved while jumping from roof to roof :)