Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Kick unassigned afk players /team balance unassigned

Is there a server command to kick afk/unassigned player. Player a game today 10 afk/unassigned  on our side so 30 vs 40 which spikes the balance.

Also could we get team balance of unassigned. Or ar these settings planned 

Wish there was. Best we can do is track down the unassigned players and see if they actually are AFK. Many times they are merely new players that don't know how to join a squad. Right now the trouble is the scoreboard on full 80 player servers doesn't show all of the unassigned and that makes it nearly impossible to track them down or even kick them.

Maybe have their names at the top of the squad list also instead of setting down at the bottom hiding. 

Unfortunately not - our server warns and then kicks unassigned players to prevent unbalancing and to give slots to people that want to join. Hopefully next time the server you join has active admins!

There is an issue with any sort of auto kick re unassigned for me (and perhaps others).

Here's the scenario.

Rarely, I don't want to play with my clan mates (or they arn't online at that time) or on our servers so I join (on my own) a public server.

I join a Squad (I rarely Squad Lead myself and certainly not with public teams), the Squad Lead (for example) doesn't communicate. So, I leave that Squad, I join another Squad but they do not speak my language (as an example) so I leave that Squad, but all the other Squads are now full. So I message the server saying, 'I am playing unassigned this round as no Squads available.'

I use that round to be productive for my team (I know this game well), I move with a Squad or perhaps even lone wolf from time to time. I finish the round with a healthy K/D ratio. I had fun, no one got effected or upset etc I was useful to the team.

I sometimes enjoy playing like that, I don't enjoy rage quitting trying to work with a dysfunctional Squad over and over again on publics!

Just throwing it out there.

note - I then re-read the OP title and realise i'm never AFK in a round, so my post is pointless............LOL

Edited by Shoshin

Great  to see other thoughts, I would like to see an option so to ease admins work load too. 

I have to agree with @Shoshin, sometimes I too play unassigned for a variety of reasons - restricted squads by clan or language, some people I simply don't enjoy playing with or I just don't feel like leading at the moment. I refuse to contribute to the "free kit" squads by joining them and I don't mind being a rifleman.

I feel like this problem can be partially solved by the long-awaited and much-discussed squad locking system (where is it, btw?). Locked, smaller squads will leave more people in the unassigned pool, thus forcing potential new squad leaders to take the reins, on the other hand it might lead to more "free kit" squads. I guess it will all be up to the server admins from that point.

Not the being unassigned it's the AFK unassigned.  

Come to that how come your not SL, ??? 

Edited by Smee

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Come to that how come your not SL, ??? 

me?

I do for the clan sometimes and it's cool, but I simply struggle handling many other SL'ers plan's and comm's and I rage quit to often for it to be fun or productive for the team - so I don't do it.

I think there should be an admin system to swap whole squads between teams. Too often there is a lack of coordination and teamwork on one team which stays that way map after map, usually the members of this team leave the server or swap to the winning team.

The best matches are the close ones, it just isnt fun when there is no resistance.

If there was a way for admins to move a whole squad to the other team then the games might become more balanced. Moving a squad is better than moving individual players as it is more likely that that squad will stick to that team. "Unassigned" could be handled as a squad.

There would be issues of maximum players per team but perhaps the admin could be allowed to temporarily override that during a switch.

Eg commands:

switch s1 

move s4 mil

balance unassigned

move unassigned s2

create s6 unassigned

20 hours ago, Shoshin said:

me?

I do for the clan sometimes and it's cool, but I simply struggle handling many other SL'ers plan's and comm's and I rage quit to often for it to be fun or productive for the team - so I don't do it.

Meant MultiSquid he's got lots of experience to share.

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Meant MultiSquid he's got lots of experience to share.

I did serve 2 weeks in the Boys Brigade back in the early 1980's!