Sandipan

require graphic optimization asap

1 hour ago, Chumpy109g2 said:

Did you find out anything interesting?

Hi there I did switch it but forgot to test, so it was 71fps for me all night on everything etc.

I did reduce my OC to 4.6Ghz on the CPU and just run my 1070 gaming X at stock as well - just playing about with temps etc, I will check it out in the week etc.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, Shoshin said:

Hi there I did switch it but forgot to test, so it was 71fps for me all night on everything etc.

I did reduce my OC to 4.6Ghz on the CPU and just run my 1070 gaming X at stock as well - just playing about with temps etc, I will check it out in the week etc.

Cool, I found out a way to overclock my laptop GPU. I thought it was not possible but it is thanks to "Precision X"

To the 

On 12/31/2016 at 7:05 AM, Sandipan said:

I'm playing this game for some day now. I've only complain about the graphics.

With the lowest settings (1366x768) I'm getting average ~30fps, where in War Thunder I get average ~50fps with lowest settings.

I mostly avoided Arma franchize because of this optimization issues. If same things happens here too, then I have ditch it too!

One thing I noticed, despite of other objects, tree objects much detailed. I think devs should start with the trees. Don't need tree details in settings.

my config:

fx-8320

8gb ram

radeon hd 6750 1gb (crimson 16.2.1 driver)

windows 10

Please understand my problem and take a major step on graphic optimization ASAP. Without proper optimization game looks dull.

The truth is you have an 8 core cpu that isn't being used, everyone on this forum doesn't understand the strength of a multi core cpu, also. People say you need to spend a lot of money to upgrade when the truth is an i3 skylake with a gtx 750 ti plays this game without a hitch, because this game overloads core 0 and core 1, amd would need all cores to be used and this is not the case, the game engine is flawed and most gamers like myself heard that unreal 4 engine would be a dx12 game engine, but it's dx11 and has a ton of cpu overhead. With a true dx12 implementation the cpu would be less of a bottleneck.

Don't upgrade for this game, keep insisting that the development team optimize for multi core cpus.

Edited by Rexolaboy

13 minutes ago, Rexolaboy said:

Don't upgrade for this game, keep insisting that the development team optimize for multi core cpus.

lol see ya in 5 years with 10+ years old cpu 

the truth that poor amd owners do not understand is not all calculations can be parallelized. you can sit on your useless cores all you want but you will not play then, your choice

i also see pretty even load on all 4 cores of i5

Edited by lisasu

All you guys suggesting top notch Hardware and even  overcclocking 6700/7700Ks for Squad to run smooth cause FX8xxx ,Sandy I5 overclocked Westmere/Gulftown I7s can`t cut it becasue they are older then 3 years should take a break and think of other games realising way complexer Graphics,Physics + AI in Multiplayer with lower Hardware demand.

I dont get this attitude of you guys: When someone with a rig thats abte to get decent Frames in BF4/1 or Crysis gets trolled and the advise to buy new hardware because the Game & and mainly Enginedeveloper ( i dont know any UE 4 title that runs aceptable performence compared to its appearence in Bigge scale) cant creat his code to use existing Hardware efficeint. If we keep this attitude you will see more and more technical medicore games with absourdly high Hardware demand because its okay the customer wont´t complain so we dont need to invest in this area.

Look at the Pictures below this game was released 13 November 2007 and runs total smooth in very High 1080p on a Q6600 4 GB Ram and a 1 GB GTX 460  in Multiplayer hosted on the same Rig.

9uiznxqn.jpg

9j75j8m8.jpg

When this technical Frame for a game was achivable in 2007 with that Hardware , why defending Squads unreal demand on CPU Frequency and IPC to a point where a I3 7350k is faster than a 6900K? Its should be okay to criticise this situation , but instead of that  on every thread someone complains over the bad performeance 20 wanna be trolls jump the weagon and start with , 5 years old CPU bullshit .

i own 2 x E5-2687W these are 1Q 2012 so actually 5 years old , are they crap now because they are 5 yeas old ?

Edited by moppel

2 hours ago, moppel said:

blah blah blah

first of all gfx quality has nothing to do with it

second is you dont compare a game with even less than 32 (28 in case of crysis) players in MP with 80-100

i bet you'll get high fps on any sort of amd crap if you play on a server with only 32 players

and yes your xeons are crap HERE, 2x cpu stations and xeons were NEVER meant for gaming, they're kind of equal to FX

Edited by lisasu

I don't know enough about game development to comment on the engine or indeed the actual game code etc, but what I do know is - it is what it is.

Squad is trying to do a lot, currently 72 players, big maps, lot's of calculations, vehicles etc. It is also still in alpha.

There's a metric ton of information about what is required to run the game well, and IMO an outstanding developer team and community to tap into.

Asking before you buy or indeed purchasing and getting a refund if your not happy are very acceptable things to do.

Squad is not perfect, but I have enjoyed over 600 hours of play so far and do not see that stopping. I absolutely built my rig to play the game at high resolutions and FPS which of course brings the benefit of everything else works great to. Of course thats not for everyone, but there it is. 

Squad is a very demanding, CPU bound title.

But what a game!

First of all go back and do your homework then report back on how Sandy EP  has the same IPC like Bulldozer iam reqally interesstet in your argumentation.

I think its completle legit to compare it when its runing with 28 ppl on a 2,4 GHz Kentsfield ,

Never ment for gaming and sold as Server CPUs dosent change the fact that the xenons have the uncastraded Sandy EP Die also used in 3960 extrem with clocks from 3.4-3,8 ghz depending on coreload , this is the same bullshit like its 5 years old must be bad ( check the IPC gain from Sandy to Skylake thats a total joke over this timescale)But when i use this logic fast forward i can aslo postulate , hm game would run on a 2600k but not on a E3-1275 cause its not meant for gaming and therefor must behave differend even when the same DIE is under the hood.

BF3/BF4/BF1 support still 64 players this is 8 short of the mark Squad supports, seems high player count + destruction + proper grafics is doable with a Fx8350 and a GTX 1060. The problem Is  how the code uses the hardware , an don`t come around the corner with , features like netcode e.g.. can not work in the parallel pipeline, there are existing games for years that did it.

But go on defend this inefficiant usage of resources , go buy a the new Kabylake chips cause they are more likely to reach 5Ghz + that will be needed for your suggested player numbers of 80-100 is ofc the right way ,instead of using your vioce as customer and recommend a direction change to make this game playable for the broad majority interrested in.

I'm getting GTX 1050 next month as GPU is the major bottleneck currently.
I checked many posts and performance is failing  because of of UE4's bad optimisation, NOT processors. Devs are saying that optimisation should be fixed in next UE4 update, but I think that's rumour only.

Ofcourse INTEL cpu + NVIDIA gpu is best for gaming but that doesn't mean others should suffer! If game technology supports only one faction of the race, that's technologies' fault not faction's.  Unreal Engine taking sides - I would call it laziness. A modern engine should cover up support for every hardware, that will make a good adoptable engine for every devs out there.

Whatever the future, I think Unreal is doing it Wrong!

i mean honestly you cant knock the guy because this game does need it but not like when v7 first came out. the game runs a bit better now but if a map can bog down the servers and kill them and the 80 man servers are having a hard time running. the game needs a bit of opt because i want this game to become amazing because i honest love this game and want it to work out amazing.

Sup dudes, just dropping in to say, we are still working on optimising the graphics, mainly we have a few new systems we are testing that will reduce the drawcalls. We dont know for sure that it works yet, but its all part of the process to get city maps running in preperation for fallujah. For that we need a more efficient workflow, and hopefully the added bonus of that should be that the game runs a bit better. 

Until we then fill it up again with loads of buildings :D

Furthermore, ue 4.15 has an improved texture streaming system, so we might find some gains there, as they are claiming it works a lot better than before. Epics features are sometimes amazing for us, sometimes not so much, but that could have decent potential.

10 hours ago, Drav said:

Sup dudes, just dropping in to say, we are still working on optimising the graphics, mainly we have a few new systems we are testing that will reduce the drawcalls. We dont know for sure that it works yet, but its all part of the process to get city maps running in preperation for fallujah. For that we need a more efficient workflow, and hopefully the added bonus of that should be that the game runs a bit better. 

Furthermore, ue 4.15 has an improved texture streaming system, so we might find some gains there, as they are claiming it works a lot better than before. Epics features are sometimes amazing for us, sometimes not so much, but that could have decent potential.

The issue for most people with migrate hardware is that Squad does require a great deal of twitch shooter skill which is very difficult when fps drops to the mid 20s because the cpu gets bottlenecked. Optimizing would bring a wonderful new experience to the game.

On 27/01/2017 at 2:53 PM, Drav said:

Sorry to update later, but I found that turning off EQ filters for VoIP in game giving little better performance on AMD processors. I found this tip in a post on UE4 forum. Please notify if someone else too found that helpful.

Edited by Sandipan