Ridoc

Don't SL under 50h!! (Understand Game Mechanics first)

31 posts in this topic

I would say 5hrs as a minimum would be reasonable so that players have had a chance to learn the maps and mechanics. 

That said, all of the l33t dudes who are way too cool to play with new players should hire their own server with their own rules and stop whinging about a game's player base in Alpha, who are all early adopters. This type of elitism will lead to a small take up which means less money to the devs which means less support down the road for everyone. 

Whenever I have a new squaddie I help them by asking questions like "do you think we should get an RP up?" "should we flank from the north?" etc. so as to guide the squad and educate the new SL without undermining their authority. 

All this said, I agree that bad SLs will be the death of this game so the rating system eggman references is the ideal long-term solution. 

Edited by sgtcaboose
a thing

I am not elitist, just putted around 500h in the game and I love it. And sometimes I advice the SL for some things. Most of the times even new or young players can listen advice and adopt to the situation really well. But there are few assholes, who kick you because "you talk too much". It`s ridiculous because the first role of the squad leader is to talk and listen to a talking. :) Of course the radio chatter shouldn`t be full of irrelevant conversations and jokes.           

On 29.12.2016 at 3:27 PM, jscaff said:

If people wanna learn how to squad lead, watch Running_duck on twitch after watching i see alot of people still dont use Squads to there full potential

+1 Thanks. 

I understand Ridoc, for the "Fulltime" Squadleaders who really play a lot the times of new Players and new Squadleads can be Frustrating since we experience a big Up and Down of different experiences of players. 

Its not the point that the so called "l33t" Squad players with 500+ hours are annoyed or not friendly and helping to new players. We like to teach and help. More players = more full servers = more diversity = more fun. Easy as that. 

But it is a simple fact, that a lot of the playfun in this Game is depending of the Squadleaders. On one hand how good they work inside the Squad, and how good they operate with the other Squadleads. And it is a difficult task to master. It requires Multitasking, Communication Skill, and more then anything Gameknowledge.  

Multitasking and Communication Skill is something which people dont get by playing Squad. But the Gameknowledge, - and this is way deeper than knowing the Maps and the different Factions for example - comes with playing. 

Of course you can Squadlead the first match. But be aware that it might occure that u are ruining the game experience for eventually 8 other people inside your Squad, or even more since ur actions can affect the whole match and the whole team. And this will lead to everybody beeing frustrated and quitting the Game. 

Edited by runningDuck

11 hours ago, runningDuck said:

Of course you can Squadlead the first match. But be aware that it might occure that u are ruining the game experience for eventually 8 other people inside your Squad, or even more since ur actions can affect the whole match and the whole team. And this will lead to everybody beeing frustrated and quitting the Game. 

I think this can be easily avoided by just naming the squad something with "new squad lead" or "first time leading" or something like that, I bet people would still join and maybe some "veteran squad lead" will even join just to help out the new guy and give him a few tricks for leading a squad.

Helping out new guy´s is something that is always needed in Squad and was always done in PR.

I think this can be easily avoided by just naming the squad something with "new squad lead" or "first time leading" or something like that, I bet people would still join and maybe some "veteran squad lead" will even join just to help out the new guy and give him a few tricks for leading a squad.

Helping out new guy´s is something that is always needed in Squad and was always done in PR.

This should only work when the newb know about changing squadname. I found ppl who doesn't know about after hundreds of hours.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jaghammer said:

This should only work when the newb know about changing squadname. I found ppl who doesn't know about after hundreds of hours.

That is true of course...  but I it could work! :P