tweak by one

camouflage of the factions

i like how US Army camouflage blends in sumari lmao. and the insurgents are like colorful people lmao.

how about you?

Edited by tweak by one

Militia (Eastern-European especially), seem to get the hard end of the bargain when it comes to camo. The black sweaters or whatever they wear makes them stand out massively against all the terrain they fight in. I guess we should just be thankful the eastern euro militia aren't all running around in bright blue adidas tracksuits.

US Camo in deserts and Russian camo in forests is spectacular, although I guess that's to be expected.

I guess Militia make up for it by having an extra frag round for RPGs over the Russians and having an infinitely more effective AT weapon over the US (LAW has no real AP use, and not sure if I'm using it wrong, but the drop off makes it impossible to use outside of like 50m or so. RPG is effective as far as you're willing to risk it)

1 hour ago, tweak by one said:

i like how US marine camouflage blends in sumari lmao. and the insurgents are like colorful people lmao.

how about you?

Trolling or being serious? There are no USMC troops in the game

17 minutes ago, spookyAUS said:

He's just trying to be active on the forums. Let him, he's harmless.

1 hour ago, Kerri said:

Militia (Eastern-European especially), seem to get the hard end of the bargain when it comes to camo. The black sweaters or whatever they wear makes them stand out massively against all the terrain they fight in. I guess we should just be thankful the eastern euro militia aren't all running around in bright blue adidas tracksuits.

~snip~

The old Militia had the best camo back in the day, but I believe that was first pass pre-Steam. Even then I loved the blue tracksuits, the faction just looked so good. Now they are far less camouflaged than they were and have a real tough time of it.

3 hours ago, spookyAUS said:

sorry my bad. i din't have time to look up the factions.
it says on the wiki US army, my bad.

3 hours ago, Peerun said:

He's just trying to be active on the forums. Let him, he's harmless.

sorry! I idin't know the specifications, it my bad.

Fixing the bad militia camo would be very easy:

1. Take a look at the 8.9 branch in your private Git repository

2. Find the militia diffuse maps

3. Make them lighter and greener in Photoshop or image editor of your choice

3,5. Add tracksuits to all of Militia diffuse maps.

4. Save them

5. Reimport the maps to your project

6. Compile

7. Relase 8.10 hotfix

8. ...

9. PROFIT!

MIlitia use hit and run tactics in real world. You charge , hit hard, then disperse. So much potential in their fast vehicles, rarely used from the players. 

Agreed, while the way the militia is fine, the way they are rendering at distance is totally broken. You're just a black dot seen 2000m away and it has lead to one-sided rounds for the militia. What twoxs says sounds great!

Edited by Devar
adding response

On 1/10/2017 at 9:07 AM, kiba3x said:

MIlitia use hit and run tactics in real world. You charge , hit hard, then disperse. So much potential in their fast vehicles, rarely used from the players. 

Yeah but they also do A M B U S H E S. And to do an ambush, you need to be well C A M O U F L A G E D. And how are you even going to do a hit and run in this game? All the gamemodes are centered around staying in one place and defending or attacking one place repeatedly until you capture it, at which point you sit in it and defend it.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

1 hour ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Yeah but they also do A M B U S H E S. And to do an ambush, you need to be well C A M O U F L A G E D. And how are you even going to do a hit and run in this game? All the gamemodes are centered around staying in one place and defending or attacking one place repeatedly until you capture it, at which point you sit in it and defend it.

He has a point, lol. It's kind of hard to do hit and runs against a squad/team who has any idea what they're doing also. They're either going to see you driving and light you up with a BTR or headshot you and the driver once you begin your attack. Not to mention it's almost impossible to accurately hit a target in the techie while driving full speed by. I can see situations where it works but it's rare and usually against a bad team/players.

On 2017-01-10 at 10:07 AM, kiba3x said:

You mean the technicals any infantry can pop all three people out of with hardly any effort? So much potential.

On 2017-01-11 at 1:36 AM, Devar said:

Agreed, while the way the militia is fine, the way they are rendering at distance is totally broken. You're just a black dot seen 2000m away and it has lead to one-sided rounds for the militia. What twoxs says sounds great!

I'd be all for TTsKO and other outdated camos being used for militia.

We had good camouflage for militia, but people were moaning that they couldn't recognize them from the Russians (despite the factions looking nothing alike, aside from the coloring), now we're left to deal with the result. I'm pretty sure that if the devs changed militia back to their old, green color scheme, we'd have forums crying for them to revert it again. You just can't please everyone.

As far as the hit and run tactics goes, forget it. It is much harder to hit anything from a fast moving vehicle than it is for the enemies outside of that vehicle to hit you. Technicals are best used from long distances or while being well hidden behind terrain. I disagree with the sentiment that you need to be camouflaged for ambushes to work though. Militia vs Russia you can cover a large portion of the Fool's Rd. before the slower, cumbersome BTRs get there. With two RPGs you can pretty much delete a BTR instantly, even when you add an SPG technical, good positioning and a bit of luck into the mix. There are a lot of hills and terrain bumps to hide behind even if your camo doesn't work.

Edited by MultiSquid

On 12/01/2017 at 2:40 AM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

In real world, man, not in the game. And agree ambushes are very common used tactic, but in the game Militia are just black dots and can be shot from 2 km. 

On 29/12/2016 at 4:58 AM, Kerri said:

i totaly agree , they look like ninja IMO .  they are super easy to spot and make the game  unbalanced . evry time i'm in ninja side we loose evry time im' against them we won it's not a coincidence .

Edited by Souf