Sign in to follow this  
Memoryleak

Swapping my 8350 with an i6 6600k, what kind of fps will I see?

I'm Swapping my 8350 OC to 5ghz with an i6 6600k and gtx 1070. I'm currently getting 25-30 fps with 4k rez on full servers. Changing my rez doesn't affect fps much only 2-3. what kind of fps will I see?

Edited by Memoryleak

1 minute ago, grimshadow said:

Well can't wait for you to find out, don't forget to tell. 

Everything is arriving on Friday! I'll keep you informed for sure.

The i5 6600k is a beast. Overclocks nicely as well, if you have a decent aftermarket cooler. 

I have a i5 6600k overclocked to 4.4Ghz +  GTX 980ti SC, I sit around 60 - 70 FPS on average on max settings + SweetFX @1080. I switch to 1440p I usually sit at around 60FPS average with same settings. Haven't tried 4K, but my guess would be around 40 - 50 FPS.

On 12/27/2016 at 11:47 PM, grimshadow said:

I can't wait till the day I upgrade out of my 8350. 

I put everything together with my 6600k OC to only 4.2ghz (planning to up it to 4.8 later today) with ddr4 running at 3200 and my 1070 OCed as well. I'm currently getting 60 + frames at 4k resolution and maxed settings. The fps was recorded off a full server.

4 hours ago, Memoryleak said:

I put everything together with my 6600k OC to only 4.2ghz (planning to up it to 4.8 later today) with ddr4 running at 3200 and my 1070 OCed as well. I'm currently getting 60 + frames at 4k resolution and maxed settings. The fps was recorded off a full server.

Thanks for the update. I bet you got massive stiffy now :) yeah I am going to wait for these new cpu's then upgrade. 

I upgraded to 6600K just for this game, OC'd it to around 4.4Ghz now and it runs butter smooth, no CPU issues. Next to update my GPU and I fully expect 60fps all the time as sometimes (albeit very rarely) it dips below 40 on mine. But even then the CPU upgrade gave me a solid 20 to 30fps increase which is quite impressive.