Sign in to follow this  
Viper_2

[Solved] Squad Stuttering and lagging like a hell

Hi, 

I bought squad v8.9 fews days ago from steam. After playing multiplayer missions in real maps give me a horrible fps whereas in training mission the game works fine on epic settings. My system fps drops and the game start stuttering heavily and frequently. Whether the rest of games i have run good with high quality.

My laptop specs:

Windows 8.1 64bit

Core i7 3537u

Ram 8gb

Directx 11

Gpu amd radeon (tm) hd 8500m/8700m

Memory size 2gb

DDR3

700mhz core clock

900mhz memory clock

Memory bandwidth 28.8 Gbytes/s

Internet speed is more than enough:

18.06mbps download

42.37mbps upload

Ping 8ms

I already applied the fixes and tweaks posted here. Please i am looking forward to your expert opinions.

My heart hurts when i play this game with lags and stutterings. But i am not going to give up on this game.

I NEED MEDIC :/

Not an Expert, but . . .

from what i hear (someone please correct me if im wrong  :) ) : assuming your not running anything else System-Intensive in the background at the same time, of course - if thats the case then turn all that stuff off and look for any improvement.

> Laptops = not good, unless particularly high-end.

> may also be Win8 . . . or the CPU(System?) not liking a populated game compared to alone in the training map...?

do you get any improvement if you drop your GFX settings to absolute minimum? - might help point towards either GFX or CPU/System as the issue.

i note youve no issues with other games - this is probably just due to different engines and the maturity of games using them.

good luck

.LJ

Edited by LaughingJack

Actually an 8500m, any model is not even close to minimum requirements for Squad.

I don't know what you are actually sporting over there but unless you are playing at 720p or 766p you are gonna have a bad day. Those cards have ~1800 or less in G3D Mark, meaning that they are likely not going to be able to run the game very well. Not to mention that the game is still pretty poorly optimized right now, with people getting framerates all over the place. Even an HD 7870 will have trouble running this game and that's got more than double the power of what you've got. You certainly can try playing but I guarantee you the stuttering is all due to a lack of processing power.

Edited by NotBrad

Hey,  I fixed the problem. what I did afterwards I didn't buy another laptop but I tuned up my laptop.

I changed the thermal paste of CPU and GPU and cleaned up the Fan and it worked awesome I can even run epic settings with 30fps approx.

NOTE: it just worked for me since I had doubt on thermal paste so I changed it and the lagging and stuttering issue got fixed.

(TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK)

10 minutes ago, Viper_2 said:

Hey,  I fixed the problem. [...]

I changed the thermal paste of CPU and GPU and cleaned up the Fan and it worked awesome I can even run epic settings with 30fps approx.

glad to hear.

thx for letting us know.

/locked