Daragh

Im 13 will people accept me

Ok so im 13 years old and I really like this genre of games I played project reality for a while and most of them were ok with me but will it be the same with squad??

It's a tough call.

I'd say that the majority of the guys you play with in squad will not care that you're 13. Most.

of course, just keep it cool, and listed too your squad leader and coordinate with the rest of the team when you play, and no one will call you out. 

Being a squeaker is going to have its disadvantages in some squads but as long as you aren't annoying people will have no problem with you.

avoid asking many question. if you're a squeaker. watch some squad videos. :) 

P.S isaid avoid diffrence between do not :)

if you play the game you will learn the basics on how to give proper coordinates and move as a unit!

good luck! dont get dis courage!

12 hours ago, Daragh said:

Ok so im 13 years old and I really like this genre of games I played project reality for a while and most of them were ok with me but will it be the same with squad??

Being brutally honest here, I would chirp you for being a "squaker" but other than that I'd treat you fair if you play properly, just follow orders and you won't usually find assholes that won't play with you.

Don't spam the squad radio. Before using the radio, always think hard if the whole squad really needs to know what you're about to share. If you have even a smidge of doubt, then simply use your local voice instead. This is hands down the best advice I can give you, not only so people will tolerate you in their squads, but you'll improve your teamplay significantly by using local, trust me.

Don't take Squad leader till you played over @100hrs and know the game. Your facing a wall that you can break, but you need to show you have an understanding of the game mechanics or you just set yourself up for a fall. Either way best of luck and tread lightly :)

If you gel with the group people will accept you, if you don't they won't. That's the same for people of any age. There are groups I have a great time playing with and others that just never fit. 

Be invested in playing the game as it is meant to be played and you'll find yourself part of a group of like minded players. Try not to judge the game and the community by the worst acting people, or the best acting people. We're just people. 

Hope you enjoy playing!

We've definitely had an influx of youngsters playing lately.

For adults, the annoying part is hearing a squeaky voice all the time and asking silly questions or just generally talking... constantly.

Not knowing the game or helping the team, there are a few reasons why squeakers are generally turned away.

If you can follow the advice the guys made above, it shouldn't be an issue.

Age doesn't matter. As long as you're not really annoying to the Squad, lone wolfing, and something that make them feeling annoyed. 
Some helpful tips:

1. Feel free to ask politely to your Squad member, that you're new to SQUAD game, and they will not hesitate to help you with it. But dont ask them everytime, they'll feel annoyed
2. If you're down, dont yell "MEDIC! MEDIC, IM DOWN", best way is to say, "Enemy contact from East, Im down by the river. If it's possible, medic please."
3. If you see any enemy movement, say to your squad "Enemy behind the treeline, Southeast, i saw one of 'em"

4. Always listen to your Squad Leader, and dont running alone away from your Squad.

5. Last but not least, have fun!

Regards,
See you in the battlefield!

Edited by Dani

Nobody will care as long as you do what you're told. I imagine there's lots of younger people playing squad, they just keep their head down. Listen to your squad lead, use the radio to call out targets, and that's about all people ask of you.

I can honestly say I've only had 1 bad experience with a younger person in Squad, and it was because they wouldn't clear comms, they were constantly talking about off-topic shit or just talking to themselves over squad radio in their high pitched voice cranked all the way up to clipping levels, but that shit would annoy me no matter their age.

Edited by Kerri

19 hours ago, Thr34t said:

Being a squeaker is going to have its disadvantages in some squads but as long as you aren't annoying people will have no problem with you.

Who cares what his voice sounds like? If people really get upset and angsty over a young kid and how he sounds, they have their own problems.

As long as you can listen to a SL,  play together as a Squad, not Lone Wolf, and make good call outs you'll fit right in.

5 minutes ago, -MG said:

I won't....when i play squad i play to enjoy myself. Not Babysit

Perfect example here of someone with their own problems.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

3 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

Who cares what his voice sounds like? If people really get upset and angsty over a young kid and how he sounds, they have their own problems.

As long as you can listen to a SL,  play together as a Squad, not Lone Wolf, and make good call outs you'll fit right in.

Mind your own business....

Just now, DoctorKamikaze said:

It's a public forum, you shouldn't have posted that if you didn't want to be criticized. 

OP asked a question....i anwsered. As far as i'm concerned i have never asked anyone to make a evaluation on my private life on whether i have problems or not. 
So mind your own business. 

3 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

So I have personal problems if I don't want to spend my time educating a newbie on a game that I just want to relax and play on? 

I'd suggest going back to whatever little hole in the ground you came from, thanks.

6 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

So I have personal problems if I don't want to spend my time educating a newbie on a game that I just want to relax and play on? 

I'd suggest going back to whatever little hole in the ground you came from, thanks.

You guys are seriously telling a 13 year old kid that you won't play with him because he is 13 and you can't be arsed to take 5 minutes to help teach them some of the ropes.

Real nice welcome for him I'm sure.

He can relax and play too, not that hard to tell him some of the basics and let him figure it out himself. Doesn't mean babysit, and I'm sure he's old/mature enough to not need to be babysat in the first place. Age doesn't and shouldn't matter. Can they follow directions? Good! Tell them where to go. Lead them to water but do not fish for them.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

The young people that I've come across so far have actually been pretty good. If you can play it properly, then you're old enough.

Like any community, if you come across bell-ends then you move on and find people that are not acting like Spunktrumpets.