Sign in to follow this  
tweak by one

Missing fast pace game :(

you may believe your ideas, yet what I say is true. The bullock may be strong but the mosquito still bites him. (i've been reading kung fu quotes...tho this is original work   )

The mosquito may bite the bullock, but is not able to kill him. Whereas the bullock.....

I've not played in 7 - 8 months until this week....  and what really struck me is what a massive time sink Squad is.  

Its not a complaint, just an observation.   You need a ton of time to enjoy it.. its a shame and the one factor that will reduce the times i boot up the game. 

Having the game time well filled with action is important... I like the slow paced 'hardcore' gameplay but it needs to be off set with ways of keeping the pace up.  As of now i think the team are doing it well.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I've not played in 7 - 8 months until this week....  and what really struck me is what a massive time sink Squad is.  

Its not a complaint, just an observation.   You need a ton of time to enjoy it.. its a shame and the one factor that will reduce the times i boot up the game. 

Having the game time well filled with action is important... I like the slow paced 'hardcore' gameplay but it needs to be off set with ways of keeping the pace up.  As of now i think the team are doing it well.

Idea: Have games where front lines are preset and you can spawn at front line at begining of match.  Variably the front line can be chosen by computer each round so it starts at a different flag or location. This way you can start a match right in the thick of battle. :-)

IMHO it's perfect. There are plenty of faster games.

I'm coming from a background of permadeath (Counter-Strike and America's Army), where a player would have to wait and sit out a game for ten minutes before he could even play. There were real in-game consequences for death, and the pace was much slower. 

Somehow Squad has managed to find a perfect balance. Firefights are frequent enough to keep it very entertaining, and can last fifteen minutes or more. I almost hate to see them even add any more vehicles (if that's even the plan). Right now the pace is great. 

IMHO.

On 05/01/2017 at 2:51 AM, Planetgong said:

The mosquito may bite the bullock, but is not able to kill him. Whereas the bullock.....emoji6.png

it's not about "Killing" the bullock . . . ;)

I can't believe some of the things I've read here and heard ingame. Have you guys played the same game I've been playing?

People sprinting around the corners into dolphine dives, jumping from roof to roof like Spider-man, spraying their weapons all over the place, stuff constantly exploding, endless grenade spam from ammo crates, getting killed is no problem, 30 sec respawn, rinse and repeat, magical powdered FOBs teleporting people all over the place ("just let it sit for 5 minutes and enjoy!")? Most of the time the game is just a meat grinder with endless masses of soldiers dying by dozens while trying to assault one objective from the same side over and over again (why would you use smokes when attacking a fortified compound? Just leave them as a last resort when everything else fails and your squad has been wiped 3 times). Getting backcapped? "Not my problem, I've got contacts over here, someone else will take care of it." Who cares about conserving tickets and assets, we're here to shoot stuff, right? Until we have like 20 tickets left, just give up, boy. Nobody's got time for you to wait for medics. 

I certainly hope I'm not the only one who desires a bit more tactical experience over the action-packed game we have now. I'm not opposed to shooting stuff, I enjoy that as well as anybody else, but for Christ's sake, you can get into contact literally 1 minute into the match, and some players still complain that it takes too long. Squad is so far away from any milsim, you couldn't see ArmA even with CROWS zoom, it's a friggin' Battlefield right now.

~

Okay, okay. Work in progress and all that, I know. I'm not trying to bash Squad here, I love this game to bits even if I might not sound like it right now but it still feels way too fast and run-n'-gun for my liking.

Edited by MultiSquid

1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

you couldn't see ArmA even with CROWS zoom, it's a friggin' Battlefield right now.

xD so true +1

I have faith that the meat grinder thing will end at some point. TBH, I think PR nailed the pacing because enemies would come in waves rather than constantly and ever engagement felt significant.

On 1/16/2017 at 1:28 PM, MultiSquid said:

- Snip - 

+1 

I really can't wait for more systems and mechanics to be refined, as well as more added to draw gameplay out. 

I would say that Squad is more like JointOperations/DetaForce right this moment without tickets cos JOps is about taking over enemies bases.

I Lv JointOps with all that meatgrinder (Yea shot me).... :P

Just y'all wait & see when Helis with rockets/stingers flying allover the place,Tanks blowing shizup....It's gonna be a big Kebaboom rocking the house....You haven't seen nothin' yet!.

I believe Squad will have something for every style of play....But Tactically/working as a Squad will  always prevail on the battlefield. ....:D

It's weird how two threads with similar themes pop up all the time...One thread says speed it up and the other says slow it down!  Ha. Blitz is a strategy that worked in WW2 and prob would still work today.  What would happen say a build up of thousands of troops on say like what was done in Desert Storm happened again....Then the order was given to advance as fast as possible to achieve victory; and overwhelming the enemies defenses so they could not respond until they were over run?  Why should this be limited? Instead of ways looked to counter the offensive with better defence?

On 1/15/2017 at 5:28 PM, MultiSquid said:

- snip -

Yup

What I would like to see in the future is intense battles separated by people ACTUALLY preparing for them, both attacking and defending. If the game rewards strategy and preparation I will be happy. Currently, I feel like it's a race to drop spawns and backcap. When you look at the map all you see is a stream of players conveyor belting from spawns into the cap to die, not moving as a unit. I hardly ever see squads sitting just outside the cap and coordinating with each other "We'll all attack in 30 secs", it's just a meatgrinder and whoever has better spawnpoints win. 

I don't want ARMA with people endlessly fiddling around before you do anything, but I also don't want to feel like I'm just rushing back to battle to throw myself at the enemy.