Jump to content
darricks

Long list of nerf and buff

Recommended Posts

Here it is : 

 

 

 

About bandage & bleeding : 

 

-Bleeding is way longer to kill you, but bullet deal more damage. 

 

-Autobandaging take +2 secs

 

-Bandaging a mate is 50% less longer

 

Why? 
First, bleeding dont put ppl uncouscious this quick (trust me i've done some IRL for ppl without hand parts) and it tend to create a kind of strange meta where ppl have no choice than immediately healing if they dont want to fall uncouscious. 

 

-3 steps injuries system : 

When you are hits and your health is yellow, you are just bleeding. 
When you are hits and your health is orange, you fall on the floor, cant use your weapon but are able to prone on short distance

When you are hits and your health is red you fall uncounscious and must wait help from a medic 

 

-A kind of knockback when you take a hit

 

 

 

About grenade :

 

-Switching to a grenade is longer and make a particular noise

 

Why? When you face a rifleman, its always the same story : u shoot at each other, and it immediately turn in a grenade trade. Something must be done to offer the ability to one of the player to rush from too close grenade throw. 

It will also have th effect to force you to always get some cover when you try a close range grenade throw

 

 

 

About gun & accuracy & rockets

 

-Decreasing global weapon accuracy after the 2 firts shots in a more significative way 

 

-Logi are all 1 shootable by a single RPG/LAW rocket 

Intend to prevent some ppl to use FOB as teleporter they summon from the dept of earth to make spawn their whole team near a contested flag

 

-Grenade launcher kit have less grenade 

This kit is still way too effective in medium/long range so it can stay able to wipe full squad even if he miss 2 or 3 shots, ppl must feel forced to use their smoke grenade to evalute distance so ennemies can try to avoid it 

 

 

 

About Flags & FOB

 

-Flag are considered as a radio, so the 400m range apply and player cant put radio on it (flag isnt going to be a spawn)

 

Why?

-Or its badly made by a noob SL and it turn quickly into a big loss of points for your team

-Or its greatly done and with the current flag capture system it make ticket bleed too powerfull 

-Beucase ppl inside can grenade spam to the end once all hole are blocked 

-Because ppl use it as teleporter, sometimes hiding them inside all flag in early or by just suicidal fob rushing with logi, sometimes with large numbers of men purposely waiting in death stance to give up once its working so they can all spawn to the next flag / area near it

 

-U cant resupply instantly at ammo crate, there is a 2 minutes delay to prevent spam of kit or SL able to build their own construction by planting them then, switching kit

 

-Logi truck once dropped near FOB doesnt make it works instantly but just shorter the dealy from 25~50% 

 

 

 

About kits

 

Regular army should only have 1 available marskman

 

irregular army have 4 available marksman 

 

Why? Regular army got plenty of scope. 
Irregular army need some, and in over hand marksman is the most comon lonewolf kit. Considering irregular army are more turned into guerilla, it fit well on them

 

Grenade launcher kit should be team limited to 2

 

Any RPK/M249 optic kit should be team limited to 2

 

Scope kit have only 1 grenade

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darricks said:

About Flags & FOB

 

-Flag are considered as a radio, so the 400m range apply and player cant put radio on it (flag isnt going to be a spawn)

 

Why?

-Or its badly made by a noob SL and it turn quickly into a big loss of points for your team

-Or its greatly done and with the current flag capture system it make ticket bleed too powerfull 

-Beucase ppl inside can grenade spam to the end once all hole are blocked 

-Because ppl use it as teleporter, sometimes hiding them inside all flag in early or by just suicidal fob rushing with logi, sometimes with large numbers of men purposely waiting in death stance to give up once its working so they can all spawn to the next flag / area near it

While I do not vigorously oppose the rest of your points, this one impedes the very concept of flexible strategy in Squad. Sometimes FOBs at the flags make the round terrible, sometimes they are strongholds keeping your enemy at the distance. It should be up to the players to decide how to use them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever actually been hurt enough to bleed into an unconscious state? Loss of blood happens pretty quickly with trauma injuries, especially when you're using bullets that are designed to cause large cavities where hemorrhaging is likely to happen. 5.56 and 5.45 are designed to make you bleed, and they're pretty damn good at it. I think the bleed out rate is fast, but it causes more fast paced action, gives you a reason not to get shot, and forces you to be around someone who can pick you up if you fall down rather than running around lone wolf like you could in PR if you just killed the enemy and stole the bandages from their kit.

 

I dislike the grenade idea. Grenades are already way too slow to pull out in my opinion and your average soldier tends to rubber band or tape anything that might come loose and cause noise/kill them if they screw up and fumble it. Unsecured kit makes noise, which is why soldiers square their stuff away. 

 

Decreasing global weapon accuracy after two shots is purely arcade BS. Weapons don't just become less accurate because you're shooting. They've already previewed how they intend to decrease the effectiveness of full auto fire in the animation update, so this point might as well be null anyway.

 

If logis can be killed with one shot, they better be a whole lot less tickets. They're one of the most necessary items in the game and if they are weak they will be constantly killed, especially once helicopters come into play and squads get dropped off on the roads leading out of your FOB and waste you as you go down the main roads.

 

If you think the grenade launcher should have less kits, you need to try playing it. It's only effective once you get good at estimating ranges and travel time. Before that it's garbage. It needs to have more grenades like in Project Reality because nobody is going to carry another four or five pounds on their rifle for only six grenades. I say twenty like in PR, so that you don't have to hit an ammo resupply point after every firefight.

 

The kit regulations overall are arbitrary and don't make any sense. Irregulars are supposed to not have scopes and should be a harder faction to play without being cheeky. Scopes make engagements easy, whereas not having them forces you to think of ways to close the gap and engage the enemy where their regular advantage only hurts them. Grenade launchers and scope kits being limited on units is also stupid in my opinion. 

 

All in all, you're right that this is a long list, but it's less buffs and nerfs and more self-serving opinion. This is what you want, not what would be good for the game by any stretch of the imagination. Seems to me you've got a major bone to pick with explosives overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha was waiting the usual "mister veteran" advises. 

U want reality in squad? 


Ok, no more perma-runing char. Its not realistic at all. 
Even with high training I was out after wearing my Sierras with my famas, X6 loader of 25 bullets and a simple back pack for a 1h patroll. 

 

So lets add water consumption too. Its not enough realistic. 


Had a mate in mali, he took a bullet in the arm, maybe 7.62, maybe 5.45, but he kept shooting and reloading long time ago after being shot until he discovered he was wounded. Not even noticed itself cause he was so full of adrenaline... 

 

In may, I healed a woman who was missing large part of her hand. 
Add to immobilise her by force cause she was refusing help, pretending she was still able to go to the hospital on foot herself. 

So it totaly depend of the person, the point you hit, the way the bullet react... U want to add all of this in the game? For my part, i'm not giving a shit. 

 

5.56 caliber is suppose to ricoche on bones while keep turning inside the body, cutting all the organs of the upper body, even if you are hits in the leg.

But if you read retex from the army, many times soldiers are complaining because he cant even stop a man runing. The blow back in not enough strong at medium range.

 

Wont even arg with you about using gun, have u ever holded one outside a fire range? 

Most of ppl dont even start to shoot, or use their optic when they are shooting.. until the third or 4th gunfight. 


More reality in squad? Now you are hit : you are out of the game. 

 

Dont bore me with reality, GAMPeLAY is the most important thing, a serious gameplay turned at forcing ppl to teamplay and not to run everywhere in jumping/shooting like BF. 


If u want reality, do like me, take your ass, join the army, test it IRL. 

Edited by darricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, darricks said:

Ha was waiting the usual "mister veteran" advises. 

U want reality in squad? 


Ok, no more perma-runing char. Its not realistic at all. 
Even with high training I was out after wearing my Sierras with my famas, X6 loader of 25 bullets and a simple back pack for a 1h patroll. 

 

So lets add water consumption too. Its not enough realistic. 


Had a mate in mali, he took a bullet in the arm, maybe 7.62, maybe 5.45, but he kept shooting and reloading long time ago after being shot until he discovered he was wounded. Not even noticed itself cause he was so full of adrenaline... 

 

In may, I healed a woman who was missing large part of her hand. 
Add to immobilise her by force cause she was refusing help, pretending she was still able to go to the hospital on foot herself. 

So it totaly depend of the person, the point you hit, the way the bullet react... U want to add all of this in the game? For my part, i'm not giving a shit. 

 

5.56 caliber is suppose to ricoche on bones while keep turning inside the body, cutting all the organs of the upper body, even if you are hits in the leg.

But if you read retex from the army, many times soldiers are complaining because he cant even stop a man runing. The blow back in not enough strong at medium range.

 

Wont even arg with you about using gun, have u ever holded one outside a fire range? 

Most of ppl dont even start to shoot, or use their optic when they are shooting.. until the third or 4th gunfight. 


More reality in squad? Now you are hit : you are out of the game. 

 

Dont bore me with reality, GAMPeLAY is the most important thing, a serious gameplay turned at forcing ppl to teamplay and not to run everywhere in jumping/shooting like BF. 


If u want reality, do like me, take your ass, join the army, test it IRL. 

 

Not a veteran, nor do I pretend to be. I'm stating what I believe is best for the game based on their original objective of creating a successor to Project Reality with their own personal flair added. 

 

I agree: the distance that these soldiers can sprint with the amount of gear they have on is a little ridiculous. Personally I don't believe sprint should be intended to cover large distances of ground so much as being able to run from wall to wall without getting hit. If a reduction of range is required to achieve this I think that it would be alright, though when everything is slowed down as it is intended this might not even be necessary because you won't be able to cover as great a distance on the same sprint.

 

Water consumption is a really, really bad strawman to choose, buddy. There are a lot of strawman arguments you could've made, but that's a weak one. I'm not going to bother with a response beyond that.

 

Wow, shocking, a civilian woman couldn't handle a bullet the same as a soldier in a war zone who's life depended on his ability to keep on firing his weapon at the man trying to kill him? Absolutely shocking. As far as I'm concerned, the bleed rate feels close enough to PR that you're not going to die if you don't bandage immediately, but it does make finding cover and healing up a priority, which is what it should be. The second your adrenaline stops, which is the moment you get a chance to rest, is the second that you're going to notice your wound and focus on it.

 

If you actually believe that 5.56 is designed to destroy all your internal organs even if hit in the leg, then you've been fed some hilariously inaccurate information. It is designed for level flight at average combat distances with good penetration, energy transfer, and tumbling effects. It is not and does not ricochet off of bones, it tears through them the same way it rends flesh. People complain about knockback and shit like that all the time because, unsurprisingly, guns don't act like they do in movies. When you've got adrenaline, you're going to keep moving. If you're on drugs, you're going to keep moving. The human body is hardwired to survive in fight or flight scenarios, even if it's just long enough to kill what has mortally wounded you.

 

Yes, I have held and shot guns outside of firing ranges. I've been shooting since I was two, have owned about fifteen different guns (down to about nine right now), regularly hunt wild hogs and other animals, and train with military buddies all the time. What people do/don't do in real life is completely irrelevant in this game. People will almost always fall back on using their optics until they learn that hip fire is accurate enough to spray and kill in close range. 

 

Gameplay is the most important thing, and none of your suggestions would improve gameplay. They would nerf and hurt classes that were already whacked when transferring from PR to Squad. All that would come of your suggestions is significantly reduced usage of explosives (which is not only unrealistic, but is also far less fun because explosives take skill to use to great effect), further walking distances from any one town, slower, more boring gameplay that involves more hunkered down shooting than grenade-throwing advances, and a ridiculous amount less deaths because the shooting system would be based on being able to make two shots on target in a row without missing or else your accuracy would go to shit and your target would get a chance to bandage.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, finaly its not about "realism", its about gameplay? 

Both? Or maybe you are involving realism to show us how great you are?
Cause its how i feel it currently. 

 "They would nerf and hurt classes that were already whacked when transferring from PR to Squad"

 

Because? I think you forget to add all the part explaining why. 
Maybe lost when you were explaining me how you were a strong amerian with a big gun. 
 

" All that would come of your suggestions is significantly reduced usage of explosives (which is not only unrealistic, but is also far less fun because explosives take skill to use to great effect)"

 

Same question here. Maybe forget to add the part arguing between the moment you were auto-masturbating about your large knowledge of 5.56, but still not really arguing. 
Why having +1 secs switch time with grenade or a particular swap noise will "drasticaly nerf usage of explosive"? 

 

and a ridiculous amount less deaths because the shooting system would be based on being able to make two shots on target in a row without missing or else your accuracy would go to shit and your target would get a chance to bandage.

 

I want less death, I want ppl getting kill from sure shoot. 
Not going to arg about how its hard to aim when you have your helmet + your protection glass, i'm pretty sure U have a storng argument about you're amazing live about this, its just about rewarding ppl moving slowly and waiting for having clear shot, and to nerf ppl roaming around like in CSGO. 

 

All the rest is bullshit auto-congratulatory story about yourself. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darricks said:

So, finaly its not about "realism", its about gameplay? 

Both? Or maybe you are involving realism to show us how great you are?
Cause its how i feel it currently. 

 "They would nerf and hurt classes that were already whacked when transferring from PR to Squad"

 

Because? I think you forget to add all the part explaining why. 
Maybe lost when you were explaining me how you were a strong amerian with a big gun. 
 

" All that would come of your suggestions is significantly reduced usage of explosives (which is not only unrealistic, but is also far less fun because explosives take skill to use to great effect)"

 

Same question here. Maybe forget to add the part arguing between the moment you were auto-masturbating about your large knowledge of 5.56, but still not really arguing. 
Why having +1 secs switch time with grenade or a particular swap noise will "drasticaly nerf usage of explosive"? 

 

and a ridiculous amount less deaths because the shooting system would be based on being able to make two shots on target in a row without missing or else your accuracy would go to shit and your target would get a chance to bandage.

 

I want less death, I want ppl getting kill from sure shoot. 
Not going to arg about how its hard to aim when you have your helmet + your protection glass, i'm pretty sure U have a storng argument about you're amazing live about this, its just about rewarding ppl moving slowly and waiting for having clear shot, and to nerf ppl roaming around like in CSGO. 

 

All the rest is bullshit auto-congratulatory story about yourself. 

 

 

 

It's about both. This might be a hard idea to understand, but sometimes realism can make for good gameplay. Does it always? No, but certain elements of shooter games are far better when designed realistically rather than with arcade style gameplay in mind. Feel however you want, because I don't really care about your delicate fee fees being hurt.

 

What's there to be explained about the nerfing of GL kits? The fact that they went from twenty HE grenades down to about six or seven? That's a pretty major nerf all things considered. Grenade launchers also don't have adjustable sights like they did in PR, meaning those six-seven rounds you get are now more likely to be wasted trying to get on target. What do I need to explain that couldn't be explained by you just playing Project Reality for yourself?

 

Once again a stupid question so you will get a stupid answer: grenades are often used responsively in this game rather than as a first choice. Every second counts when responding, so adding a single second can be the difference between an effective grenade and a meaningless death. Having a noise come about also makes no sense realistically. Grenades don't just make ****ing noise, even when not squared away they're pretty quiet. I don't know what world you live in where you think that pulling a grenade off a MOLLE loop or out of a small pouch makes enough noise to be audible during a gunfight. What is the benefit of adding this? So you can come out and shoot your opponent? So you have more of a hint when someone is going to throw a grenade at you? Where's your argument? 

 

I shoot all the time with helmets and plate carriers on. It's not hard at all. Properly designed helmets (MICH and onward, really) do not interfere with cheek weld and plate carriers only slightly lift the rifle off the body which can be negated by retracting the stock of your rifle or learning to shoot with a slightly greater length of pull. I've worn glasses for years now and shooting with them on/off does not change the difficulty unless accounting for my ability to see without my prescriptions. 

 

The game shouldn't be about moving around slowly and making the right shots because that's not what combat is nor is that really fun. Most people in a firefight aren't going to be putting rounds on target, which is why there are so many rounds expanded for every single soldier killed in every war. You're wandering into loony-toons levels of stupidity in terms of physics and laws to argue your point. 

 

All in all, you're a delicate dainty flower who needs to grow up because having your feelings hurt =/= to being right or even having an argument. I might auto-fellate myself but you would do if you were capable of doing so. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Varenyky doesn't agree with you and is decent enough to elaborate why he doesn't think so, yet you somehow managed to get butthurt about someone disagreeing with you. Grow up and learn to counter argue rather than calling other people "realism advisors" and accusing Varenyky of "showing how great" he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty much agree, except the flag points...

I can name a number of times i have put down a FOB on a flag and held it the whole game. sure it takes coordination, but having cover and heavy emplacements to fend off the enemy is definitely a viable tactic. actually i might even go as far as to say that the proxy fob to defend a flag is a more public-server-friendly-tactic, because you cant count on people to stay on post. when playing seriously you will easily find a proxy fob located 2-300 meters from a flag, when people keep trickling in from a certain point on the map.

everything should be possible! keep the SL's options open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

About bandage & bleeding : 

 

-Bleeding is way longer to kill you, but bullet deal more damage. 

 

-Autobandaging take +2 secs

 

-Bandaging a mate is 50% less longer

 

-the Time you are bleeding depends on where you hit at on you're body. In some cases i was able to have ~30sec to get in cover and bandage myself. which is pretty OK for Game which want's to stay between Simulator and Arcade.

-Autobandaging is a no go

-Bandaging a mate is perfect right now, med's can do it faster which is a good thing

 

On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

-Switching to a grenade is longer and make a particular noise

-a good thing when it stops about the Nadespam

 

On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

-Decreasing global weapon accuracy after the 2 firts shots in a more significative way 

-no, because it makes a ambush useless and its kinda bullshit (i was in armyservice(...but never in combat) and we're able to hit almost a whole magazine into Target after running 20min. with "normal" Battle Equipment(this was of course on our Firingrange)

....it was more like the first 2 shots doesn't hit ;-)

 

On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

-Logi are all 1 shootable by a single RPG/LAW rocket

-just no, i agree with VarenykySupreme
 

On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

-Grenade launcher kit have less grenade 

-no, not that much like in PR, but may be a bit more, i think something between 10-15 is ok, and definitely he needs more smokegrenades
 

On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

-Flag are considered as a radio, so the 400m range apply and player cant put radio on it (flag isnt going to be a spawn)

-no, it can turn in both way's and makes Tactics more valueable, i know its sometimes bored one Team but on the other Hand the're is always a way to get rid of such a "Flagfortress" at the very latest when the big assets arrived

 

On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

U cant resupply instantly at ammo crate, there is a 2 minutes delay to prevent spam of kit or SL able to build their own construction by planting them then, switching kit

-non or not that Long Time. 20secs at max. it's still a Game

 

On 25.12.2016 at 0:40 PM, darricks said:

-Logi truck once dropped near FOB doesnt make it works instantly but just shorter the dealy from 25~50%

-this is should be a good thing. It makes Teams needed to pay more attention into logistics

 

 

The Kit's limitation you suggestet get a big NO. Unconvetional Forces have a harder live han the conventional one's, so it's okay if it's the same in this Game.


Edited by Jaghammer
grammar corrections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

-Switching to a grenade is longer and make a particular noise

 

 

No. In real life you aren't going to hear a jingle or warning that someone near you is taking a grenade out of pocket. The spoon and pin on M67 grenades don't wiggle and make noise like a key ring.

 

Quote

-Grenade launcher kit have less grenade 

No. That sounds like call of duty nonsense. No one would encumber them self with a M203/M320/GP-25/GP-30 just to carry three grenades. 20 is the usual load out with many people often taking more.


 

Quote

 

Regular army should only have 1 available marskman

 

irregular army have 4 available marksman 

 

 

Real life isn't far. Pass.


 

Quote

 

Grenade launcher kit should be team limited to 2

 

Any RPK/M249 optic kit should be team limited to 2

 

Scope kit have only 1 grenade

 

 

None of this looks like a good idea. For one such weapons are more common than one per 32 man group. Second you'll have people fighting just to get in such slots, third, it will stagnate games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×