Fug Li

Trenches

Militia and insurgents need trenches to place in FOB. There's a number of people that play insurgency for super fobbing. It wouldn't be too hard to implement, I think. All I want is a rectangular hole in the ground that can be connected to more at an angle. Zigzagging WW1 trenches would be very fun and immersive. The trench should be 2 sandbag lengths long, 1.5 sandbag deep, and wide enough for two people to pass eachother. To get out, there should be a little ladder on 1 side. Right-clicking with shovel should fill the trench up and remove it. It should not be able to be placed inside buildings. The cost should be around 100-150 points. A foxhole would also be nice. 

Edited by Fug Li

I like the idea of trenches for unconventional factions, but they'd be harder to implement than you think as they require terrain deformation. Something for the devs to think about in the future though!

Trenches/foxholes have been suggested before, the problem is that the terrain deformation required would be very resource intensive.

Regular riflemen should be able to "place" foxholes on the ground like SL can place any other objects, after placing you can dig it up. 

The longer you dig, the deeper it will get so you can have standing,crouching and prone foxholes. 

Placing foxholes should cost nothing and they could be placed almost anywhere but they would have cooldown before you can place another one.

No idea how big performance hit these would be tho.

yeah placing something "under or within the terrain" requireres remodelling the heightmap as it is 2 dimensional to the extent of my knowledge. thats a lot of work for placeable trenches or even craters from arty and so on. I dont think it will be in the final game, as well as they have said destructable environment wont be a thing.