dekab   

Hello, I play on your sever what seems to be nightly and have been apparently banned.  I got kicked for an accidental nade as I got killed tk but a ban is a bit much imho.  Just a bit surprised as I had no intent and we were a bit clustered.  I always play with the same people most the time with no incident and I do not believe in team killing in any game no less, so I feel this is a mistake.  I always play as an friendly medic and enjoy your server.  So making this post is I guess what I had to do..

@dekab I'm not too sure what happened. I can't verify the information in our ban file currently nor can I denounce what you say. You seem sincere enough and I'm in a good mood so I went ahead and removed the ban. More than likely an admin saw a group of tk's all at once and didn't think "bad nade" which is ok. Its why we have this forum. You will be free to join the server after the current round ends. The ban will stay on our records just in case I'm in the wrong here. But if what you say is true then it shouldn't matter to anyone at all.

PuppyFur   

I wanted to bring up the way this rule listed below is written and why it could cause confusion in hopes of improving it for the future.

---

"NEW RULE! Effective April 13th, 2017. Do not rush the enemy first caps. Do not rush past the middle flag until they have been captured. The two closest flags to each main are protected. They are not to be interfered with until captured. (This rule only applies to AAS layers)"

---

- "Do not rush the enemy first caps." "The two closest flags to each main are protected." (This rule only applies to AAS layers)

In maps such as Al Basrah AAS v1 this is clearly not the case. As Desmo stated in-game, the INS can rush outskirts, which is clearly one of the two closest points along the line for the US. 

- "Do not rush the enemy first caps. Do not rush past the middle flag until they have been captured. The two closest flags to each main are protected."

From what I understand, this rule states that you can not rush past the middle most flag until the two first flags for that faction are captured. This is clearly not the case however, as when this happens in-game and is brought up, it is said that they can rush the middle flags (past the middle most flag). This isn't specific and can cause confusion. What qualifies as the middle flags? Is it everything in between each factions first two points? If so why is it listed as singular instead of plural?

I just wanted to bring up issues that have been causing confusing for a lot of people I speak with in the server and see about possibly having the rule written out differently or to clarify the differences for each map if they are different to make the game a lot less confusing and more fun for all. Since the server is public, there will always be new players reading these rules so asking every single new player to just "learn and adjust" seems like it'd bring a lot more controversy than having a few words adjusted.

I hope this post was useful and not found insulting in any way. The server is fun overall and I hope to enjoy more in the future.

Edited by PuppyFur
Correct wording.

@PuppyFur I understand, the rule has two exceptions. One of those is Al basrah and the other is the 8 flag layer on yehorivka. Admins should be broadcasting at the start of Al basrah not to rush village or refinery. Those are the flags we want protected on that map. Nothing else. Having the rule read to cover 90% of the maps is better than nothing and saves us a lot of time.

Yes, the two flags closest to each main get protected except in the two cases mentioned above. Also, fools road v2 is a special case as well but since it isn't in our server rotation and an admin must set it manually the admin is expected to announce the rules for it. Anyway, most flags are five or six flag layers. The middle flags points to the singular flag in the middle on five flag layers and the two middle flags in six flag layers. I hope that clears it up some.

We are working with our Rcon to be able to automatically broadcast specific rules at the start of each layer. Unfortunately we also need OWI to improve things server side before this can be done but there are whispers that is is close. Being able to do this would remove all ambiguity because then the rush rules would all be layer specific. But then the players actually have to read the announcements.

3 hours ago, grimshadow said:

Dunno why that server isnt a custom server

That's something you will need to bring up with @Odin but as far as I'm aware we applied for license and are abiding by that agreement.

Edited by PolishKruk

scoobi   

Don't know what you guys were doing on your server last night, free drugs! :) but at one time there were 78 playing and 83 waiting.

3 hours ago, scoobi said:

Don't know what you guys were doing on your server last night, free drugs! :) but at one time there were 78 playing and 83 waiting.

Seriously? Wow, freaking streamers man. I hope someone got a screenshot of that. New record!

PROTOCOL   

Good server, with active admins and moderators... Was on once with a mod in squad, he warned squad members of what was/was not allowed, respectfully. Was refreshing to witness and keeps things sane. Explained his role, and while what was being done may be accepted in other servers, it most certainly wasn't there "not in Desmo". Respectfully, requested squad to clean it up with no issues or blow-back.

Edited by PROTOCOL
-autocorrect typo, lel

scoobi   

not got a screen shot of +83 only of the +38 earlier in the evening,  next time I refreshed it was +51 then +83

5408F0E914BF6656B0F73EDAF682B67A62EB0F6C

3 hours ago, scoobi said:

not got a screen shot of +83 only of the +38 earlier in the evening,  next time I refreshed it was +51 then +83

5408F0E914BF6656B0F73EDAF682B67A62EB0F6C

Nice! I got one of 57 or 58 when I was in queue the other day. It's crazy. We are looking at possible solutions, maybe even getting another server.

Just wanted to take the time to say that this server is one of if not my favorite server.

I'm constantly attempting to get my friends into squad and as a new player this is where I take them. From my experiences this server provides the best environment for new players to get comfortable with the game. You don't have to worry about joining a squad and have someone get upset with a new player because they don't know something simple such as "Which icon on the map is the FOB marker?". Helping new player is what makes this game successful and I feel that a lot of that goes down in Desmo's Playground.You never know, that new player could go balls deep into squad if they enjoy their first few squad experiences, such as my friend Phelon whom I believe Desmo met last night on Twitch. :P

I was reading all these complaints of people being banned constantly and such. I have never experienced anything like what was being described. Anytime I've seen someone removed from that server it was for good reason.

Just play the game, respect your fellow Squad players, and communicate. Follow those guidelines and you're guaranteed to never have a problem with server staff.

Sincerely SnippleRifsky A.K.A. BobbyMackey

@PuppyFur I am happy to inform you that we have pushed through some work with our Rcon and the server now broadcasts specific rules for each layer at the start of the round. Hopefully this will make things much more clear.

@SnippleRifsky thanks for the support! We aren't always perfect and we have made mistakes but stories like yours are exactly why we do what we do. I apologise for the queue over the last week as well. We are contemplating a second server to take care of the demand. We are committed to growing the Squad community by providing new players with a less stressful environment to learn this amazing game in. I'll pass this on to @DesmoLocke to make sure he sees your post.

I had to make this account to reply but I was banned from your server for "Stream sniping bikeman"

Really not sure who this is or why I was banned, I had just recently flanked and was shot by an RPG. I respawned and wasn't even out of my compound and I was banned.

Edit: Apparently he's a twitch streamer of some sort. I really would appreciate getting unbanned as I do not stream snipe, I have an old twitch account but never really use it. Plus I enjoy desmo's playground a lot.

Edited by Jacket The Deer
New info

2 hours ago, Jacket The Deer said:

I had to make this account to reply but I was banned from your server for "Stream sniping bikeman"

Really not sure who this is or why I was banned, I had just recently flanked and was shot by an RPG. I respawned and wasn't even out of my compound and I was banned.

Edit: Apparently he's a twitch streamer of some sort. I really would appreciate getting unbanned as I do not stream snipe, I have an old twitch account but never really use it. Plus I enjoy desmo's playground a lot.

I'll look into this. Two of our admins were responsible for this. One of them claims to have heard the players talking about it in local chat. He should have video I can look at. Until then I can't make any determination yet. It's always possible we banned the wrong person by mistake.

Also, if you could post the link to your steam profile that would help out. Thanks.

Edited by PolishKruk

17 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

I'll look into this. Two of our admins were responsible for this. One of them claims to have heard the players talking about it in local chat. He should have video I can look at. Until then I can't make any determination yet. It's always possible we banned the wrong person by mistake.

Also, if you could post the link to your steam profile that would help out. Thanks.

STEAM_0:1:43087254

There is my steam ID^

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CominStraightOuttaCompton

My steam community link^

Thanks

6 hours ago, Jacket The Deer said:

STEAM_0:1:43087254

There is my steam ID^

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CominStraightOuttaCompton

My steam community link^

Thanks

I'm going to go ahead and have this ban removed. I can't verify either side but there are a few strange parts. Not enough for me to be comfortable with leaving it as it is. Just be careful going forward. It might take a day for this to be removed from our #2 server but I'll remove it from #1 immediately.

srtix   

I just got banned from desmo 2 server because i rush refinery at albasrah  without warning.I have no reason not to follow the server rules....if you can remove the ban i will appreciate it,i have no problem with the rules and i didn't  have the intention to dodge the rules.I play on your server many times and i never had issues.Thanks in advance. this is my player http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198333255366/

7 hours ago, srtix said:

I just got banned from desmo 2 server because i rush refinery at albasrah  without warning.I have no reason not to follow the server rules....if you can remove the ban i will appreciate it,i have no problem with the rules and i didn't  have the intention to dodge the rules.I play on your server many times and i never had issues.Thanks in advance. this is my player http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198333255366/

We're gonna discuss this but I wanna explain this to you before the admin team dives into this any further. You joined a server that is named "no rushing". At the start of the map our bot auto broadcasts "no rushing xx" with specific flag names. You were squad #2 on that team and the broadcast message pops up multiple times as the round starts. You not only rushed the flag but you did it with a logistics vehicle and got a spawnable FOB with a HAB inside the cap at refinery and started killing my squad. 

Read that 2nd sentence I wrote again and tell me how it WASNT your intention to break a server rule. 

The admin team team will discuss whether or not we will remove your ban and get back to you. 

Edited by Fire Truck

xControl   

Hello was playing the other day in your server as a squad leader, everything was going well and my squad was defending a flag. We were getting attacked so i decided to throw a nade, but right as when i was throwing a nade a squad member ran past me and the nade hit him and bounced back. When it exploded i instantly got kicked of the server and i am now banned, shame i really enjoyed your server. Is there anything i can do?