PolishKruk

Desmo's Playground Servers

48 posts in this topic

Desmo has a policy that if your team doesn't cap and hold at least two points in within 1st 10 minutes an admin can end game.

I was critical of the policy cause I'd never heard of a foolish policy like that before and an admin banned me.  I did call him a c word.  Desmo says its newbie friendly but if the expectations are really so high for the beginning of a match, especially the new al basrah map, I think you should remove the newbies friendly tag.

The server seems much more hardcore to me.  

8 minutes ago, c-merf said:

I was critical of the policy cause I'd never heard of a foolish policy like that before and an admin banned me.  I did call him a c word.

Tell me one community that likes discussions on their policies in their ingame chat.

26 minutes ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Tell me one community that likes discussions on their policies in their ingame chat.

Agreed.  The time and place was not on the in-game server.

But I believe my point is still valid.  It is borderline deceptive to invite newbies and then cancel games in first 10 minutes when their just trying to learn how to shoot or navigate.

I am not one.  But I think if I was the server is not a place I would return to.

I am pretty sure that this policy only kicks in if the other team rushed one of those flags.

12 hours ago, c-merf said:

Desmo has a policy that if your team doesn't cap and hold at least two points in within 1st 10 minutes an admin can end game.

I was critical of the policy cause I'd never heard of a foolish policy like that before and an admin banned me.  I did call him a c word.  Desmo says its newbie friendly but if the expectations are really so high for the beginning of a match, especially the new al basrah map, I think you should remove the newbies friendly tag.

The server seems much more hardcore to me.  

Its an anti rushing rule and its only temporary(ruleset has been updated). We have plenty of new people that have joined the game recently and we are trying to bring them up to speed without them having to constantly worry about being rushed and rolled. There are plenty of other things they need to learn first.

As for discussing the server, we have this thread, a subreddit and our discord. Use those to talk with us about the server. Please don't do it on the server.

Posted (edited)

I was banned with no explanation in Squad 10 min ago and I have no clue why. I did not team kill I did not do anything illegal. My steam ID is the same as my user ID here. I'm new and still learning everything.

Edited by Tiger7F168

8 hours ago, Tiger7F168 said:

I was banned with no explanation in Squad 10 min ago and I have no clue why. I did not team kill I did not do anything illegal. My steam ID is the same as my user ID here. I'm new and still learning everything.

We show no record of you being banned. If this is not your steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/tiger7f168/ then please link me the correct one and we will get this sorted out.

Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2017 at 5:32 AM, PolishKruk said:

Its an anti rushing rule and its only temporary(ruleset has been updated). We have plenty of new people that have joined the game recently and we are trying to bring them up to speed without them having to constantly worry about being rushed and rolled. There are plenty of other things they need to learn first.

As for discussing the server, we have this thread, a subreddit and our discord. Use those to talk with us about the server. Please don't do it on the server.

Ok.  I understand now that its intended to punish the rushing team.  I was looking at it the wrong way.  Thanks for the explanation.

And I'm still banned.  Can we fix that?

Edited by c-merf
trying to not spam

4 minutes ago, c-merf said:

Ok.  I understand now that its intended to punish the rushing team.  I was looking at it the wrong way.  Thanks for the explanation.

And I'm still banned.  Can we fix that?

I'm not too familiar with your ban so let me find out and we'll see what we can do. Hopefully we can all let is go as just a simple misunderstanding and some overzealous and passionate players.

@c-merf, after discussing the situation your ban several issues were brought up. To make it clear, you were banned for your aggressive argument with the enforcing admin in the server. The server is not the place for discussion. It's extremely distracting to everyone trying to play the game. Your words and tone directed at the admin and the server rules are unwarranted. Yes, we are all adults and in the end it rolls off our backs like water but we do not get payed enough for administering this server to put up with that kind of abuse. At the same time, the admin also was in the wrong by trying to enforce a rule that was still in private discussion and had not been made public. While we don't expect everyone to know our complete ruleset, by having it listed in several public spots it makes it easier to avoid what happened.

You have been given a 30 day ban that will expire on May 15th. The admin team has determined this as a whole. To avoid this in the future please keep discussion of the rules to this thread, our sub Reddit or discord.

1 hour ago, PolishKruk said:

@c-merf, after discussing the situation your ban several issues were brought up. To make it clear, you were banned for your aggressive argument with the enforcing admin in the server. The server is not the place for discussion. It's extremely distracting to everyone trying to play the game. Your words and tone directed at the admin and the server rules are unwarranted. Yes, we are all adults and in the end it rolls off our backs like water but we do not get payed enough for administering this server to put up with that kind of abuse. At the same time, the admin also was in the wrong by trying to enforce a rule that was still in private discussion and had not been made public. While we don't expect everyone to know our complete ruleset, by having it listed in several public spots it makes it easier to avoid what happened.

You have been given a 30 day ban that will expire on May 15th. The admin team has determined this as a whole. To avoid this in the future please keep discussion of the rules to this thread, our sub Reddit or discord.

Understandable.  I would like to appeal the 30 days ban.

Prior to asking for a ban repeal I did apologize on this thread for my language and the nature of the discussion on the server side.  I believe 30 days to be excessive.  I think a 15 day ban would be agreeable by me.  Once the rule was explained, I agreed with its logic.

I have a few friends who prefer your server and I would like to play again on your server and would respect rules and admins going forward.

Thanks for your consideration.

2 hours ago, c-merf said:

Understandable.  I would like to appeal the 30 days ban.

Prior to asking for a ban repeal I did apologize on this thread for my language and the nature of the discussion on the server side.  I believe 30 days to be excessive.  I think a 15 day ban would be agreeable by me.  Once the rule was explained, I agreed with its logic.

I have a few friends who prefer your server and I would like to play again on your server and would respect rules and admins going forward.

Thanks for your consideration.

Understood. I've notified DesmoLocke of your request. Since it's a holiday it might take a bit more to get back to you on it. Please give us about 24 hours.

5 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

Understood. I've notified DesmoLocke of your request. Since it's a holiday it might take a bit more to get back to you on it. Please give us about 24 hours.

Thank you.

Terribly unfair experience playing this server. Joined to populate server. Rule was that we fight at mosque while the server populated to 15v15 while no one was allowed to camp or dig a fob. Server admin, Angry Mob which was opposite team, rushed mosque and set a well dug in FOB. With only 5 people on our team we kept getting slaughtered crossing the river to get into mosque. when we flanked, admin said we were breaking the rules by not attacking directly, that we were "taking to long", really to enter their bloodbath.

This is strange because the previous day i was playing the exact map trying to populate the server. No one was allowed to place a fob at mosque, only fight in it and it was a blast. When 15v15 was reached it was game on. But for some reason in this match, the admin again changed the rule from 15v15 to 17v17 in order to continue the bloodbath. I was telling the admin how unfair it was that they set up a fob at mosque when that was against the rules the day before before we even had 4 squad member in the only squad and that it was a conflict of interest to change the rules to his teams favor. Even more so that we couldnt dig the fob via admin rules. And that we couldnt flank via admin rules. Everyone joining on my squad was new and not having a good time, resorting to ignoring the admin and setting up a super fob at our controlled point and not attacking mosque.

How is it "newbie friendly" to walk into a kill zone with no other option? Our team was getting super frustrated. This is one of my favorite servers and most of my friends play on this server. I received a ban for admin disrespect for calling out this unfairness.  Never had an issue before this. Surprised this happened to me.

Edited by seriouslysweetcorn

2 hours ago, seriouslysweetcorn said:

Terribly unfair experience playing this server. Joined to populate server. Rule was that we fight at mosque while the server populated to 15v15 while no one was allowed to camp or dig a fob. Server admin, Angry Mob which was opposite team, rushed mosque and set a well dug in FOB. With only 5 people on our team we kept getting slaughtered crossing the river to get into mosque. when we flanked, admin said we were breaking the rules by not attacking directly, that we were "taking to long", really to enter their bloodbath.

This is strange because the previous day i was playing the exact map trying to populate the server. No one was allowed to place a fob at mosque, only fight in it and it was a blast. When 15v15 was reached it was game on. But for some reason in this match, the admin again changed the rule from 15v15 to 17v17 in order to continue the bloodbath. I was telling the admin how unfair it was that they set up a fob at mosque when that was against the rules the day before before we even had 4 squad member in the only squad and that it was a conflict of interest to change the rules to his teams favor. Even more so that we couldnt dig the fob via admin rules. And that we couldnt flank via admin rules. Everyone joining on my squad was new and not having a good time, resorting to ignoring the admin and setting up a super fob at our controlled point and not attacking mosque.

How is it "newbie friendly" to walk into a kill zone with no other option? Our team was getting super frustrated. This is one of my favorite servers and most of my friends play on this server. I received a ban for admin disrespect for calling out this unfairness.  Never had an issue before this. Surprised this happened to me.

Hmm, that does seem strange. I'll look into it and get back to you when I know more.

To clear up a couple of things. You can't place a FOB directly on mosque while seeding since we don't allow people to take out FOBs while seeding. That doesn't mean that didn't place a FOB somewhere close so mosque was in the build radius. Against the rules? Not explicitly. Is it bad form? I would say yes. 

As for the 15v15 rule, admins adjust based on the number of people we know are AFK in the server. Several members will jump in while at work to help speed up the process. So it might go beyond 15v15, that is just the minimum. Im going to work at getting it set to 20v20 due to how certain mechanics work.

Anyway, I'll find out and get back to you as soon as I can.

Just wondering how your not rushing the first 2 flags went on your server?

26 minutes ago, Smee said:

Just wondering how your not rushing the first 2 flags went on your server?

So well that we're seriously considering continuing the rule.

The argument against it has been not wanting to artificially restrict gameplay. I fully support and understand that point of view.

As far as its impact on gameplay? Almost unanimous agreement that it makes the rounds more enjoyable. Even those of us that are critical of the rule agree it makes the rounds more enjoyable. 

46 minutes ago, PolishKruk said:

To clear up a couple of things. You can't place a FOB directly on mosque while seeding since we don't allow people to take out FOBs while seeding. That doesn't mean that didn't place a FOB somewhere close so mosque was in the build radius. Against the rules? Not explicitly. Is it bad form? I would say yes. 

As for the 15v15 rule, admins adjust based on the number of people we know are AFK in the server. Several members will jump in while at work to help speed up the process. So it might go beyond 15v15, that is just the minimum. Im going to work at getting it set to 20v20 due to how certain mechanics work.

Exactly. Their Fob was right inside the mosque and defenses set up so that any attempt across the river was death. I tried explaining that i thought the rule was no fobs in the cap zone. It just was super frustrating and impossible to move up so we just stayed until the server filled. I know its not good to bash rules on game chat and i really wasnt. I was just trying to get the admin to see how unfair and difficult it was for us at that point to play the game when it feels like the admin in charge is making his own rules. I just got off playing legacy which is meh i want my desmo's back!

Edited by seriouslysweetcorn

3 minutes ago, seriouslysweetcorn said:

Exactly. Their Fob was right inside the mosque and defenses set up so that any attempt across the river was death. I tried explaining that i thought the rule was no fobs in the cap zone. It just was super frustrating and impossible to move up so we just stayed until the server filled. I know its not good to bash rules on game chat and i really wasnt. I was just trying to get the admin to see how unfair and difficult it was for us at that point to play the game when it feels like the admin in charge is making his own rules. I just got off playing legacy which is meh i want my desmo's back!

Well I'll find out. Need your steam ID as well please to look up the ban.

2 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

So well that we're seriously considering continuing the rule.

The argument against it has been not wanting to artificially restrict gameplay. I fully support and understand that point of view.

As far as its impact on gameplay? Almost unanimous agreement that it makes the rounds more enjoyable. Even those of us that are critical of the rule agree it makes the rounds more enjoyable. 

So you get rushes to the bleed flag instead?

12 hours ago, Smee said:

So you get rushes to the bleed flag instead?

I wouldn't say instead of. In my experience it's always been in addition to. The middle flags we're always rushed. With the rule, teams focus more on the middle. But it really doesn't change much. Teams still have to defend or they get steamrolled. It's not like they no longer have to communicate because one tactic has been denied.