PolishKruk

Desmo's Playground Servers

105 posts in this topic

Welcome to Desmo's Playground

banner-2294-1478750874.png

banner_500x100.png

We feature one 80 player server located in New York.

New York

We are a community centered around the streamer DesmoLocke. We offer a friendly environment for both grizzled veterans and hapless newbs. Our #1 priority is fun public teamwork. We welcome clans and other groups on the server. We only ask that you don't stack all clans to one team. Thank you. We hope you enjoy our playgrounds as much as we do.

Please refer to our subreddit for a complete listing of our rules and expectations and any questions concerning the administration of our servers.

For immediate help feel free to join us on Discord.

Community Founder: DesmoLocke

New York server owner/operator: TR00P3R

20+ admins active across several timezones

These are the rules of our server, not following them will first result in a warning and/or kick (depending on the circumstance), followed by a ban.

• Any racism whatsoever is NOT tolerated.
  • Join squads, the game is about teamwork do NOT Lone Wolf.
  • SL's require a microphone, those who do not will be kicked.
  • SL's MUST communicate over the command channel.
  • Focus on and support the objectives. This should be your thought process in everything you do. If Your superFOB in the corner of the map cannot support an objective either in defense or attack then you are not helping. (This is at the discretion of the admin team).
  • Apologize when you teamkill and never retaliate if team-killed!
  • The admin team has the right to remove you from the server for any reason deemed detrimental to the community.
  • SLs must use the squad leader kit. The role is effectively useless without it and continued use will be considered trolling. (We are not idiots, we understand sometime you can become SL without warning, just change your kit ASAP if you are going to keep the job).
  • Do not use swear words in your user name. Immature user names must be changed. Refusal to do so will result in a ban.
  • Do not abuse the suicide command. It is there to relieve players hindered by bugs and glitches.
  • Respect your fellow players. Do not troll. (It saddens me to add this in writing but people are that obtuse).
  • Overall use common sense and have fun!
  • NEW RULE! Effective April 13th, 2017. Do not rush the enemy first caps. Do not rush past the middle flag until they have been captured. The two closest flags to each main are protected. They are not to be interfered with until captured. (This rule only applies to AAS layers)
  • FOBs must be placed at least 300 meters, one large grid squad, from Main.
  • Server seeding rules. When server is low pop, less than 20v20, the following rules apply:
  • Do not attack or camp or destroy FOBs/HABs.
  • Do not use any vehicle except logistics trucks.
  • Fight over a single central point such as Mosque on Sumari.
  • Do not place a FOB or HAB within 100 meters of the middle flag.
Edited by PolishKruk
Updated ruleset

I've heard of your server banning people every day, so I might just sit this one out. Nothing against, but just the drama I hear about it and I try to distant from it lol.

23 minutes ago, Annoying Rooster said:

I've heard of your server banning people every day, so I might just sit this one out. Nothing against, but just the drama I hear about it and I try to distant from it lol.

I'm confused. Are you actually complaining about an admin team doing their job? Its quite simple really, follow our limited rule set and respect your fellow players and you'll have no issues with us at all.

4 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

Can you check and see if I was banned from this server? I'd like to know.

Steam ID is http://steamcommunity.com/id/thejollypickle/

Regular username is Nikko.

Your steam ID does not appear in our files therefore you are not banned on our servers. We also have no record of you being banned previously but I do clear out the ban list every so often to make sure that first time offenders and minor offences do not result in permabans.

Ah. Just to clarify this is the server I'm thinking of, do you run a BASE GAMEMODE (Jensen's Range) map on the Chicago server?

30 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

Ah. Just to clarify this is the server I'm thinking of, do you run a BASE GAMEMODE (Jensen's Range) map on the Chicago server?

We did when the server first went live. Since then we have really streamlined our map rotation. Like I said, its possible you were banned before but not now so no worries :).

I was banned as soon as I spawned in with another player. We took a BTR and started to fight, and next thing we know, we were both permanently banned. Don't know if you've had a change of admins, but I hope the likes of this incident does not repeat itself. I've found a different server anyways, but thanks for the offer.

Edited by Nikko B

4 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

I was banned as soon as I spawned in with another player. We took a BTR and started to fight, and next thing we know, we were both permanently banned. Don't know if you've had a change of admins, but I hope the likes of this incident does not repeat itself. I've found a different server anyways, but thanks for the offer.

Can't imagine why it would unless a player is deliberately wasting assets. Anyways, I'm going to consider this resolved.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:34 PM, Annoying Rooster said:

Unfortunate to hear you wont give our server a try! :$ As an admin team we try to be as active and swift with resolving toxic players who do not create a good Squad game play environment. Most bans are reviewed to ensure our actions were justified. As mentioned above our admin team tries to be as active as we can be and if there is any time there is an issue on the server we try to resolve it immediately. 

Do we ban people everyday? Absolutely.. Every day we get people teamkilling in spawn or using racial slurs and I don't know about you but there is no room for that sort of stuff in our community. We try to keep it clean/fair and a friendly environment. I hope you will change your mind and give us a try someday! 

Merry Christmas!

hey Company XO i figured you'd might like to know..... one of your server Admins "Fire_Truck" just allowed a squad leader to intentionally TK myself in order to take an empty logi truck from my squad. When confronted about not responding to any messages he told me "we were both in the wrong" and nothing happened to the TK'er. I was then kicked from the server on map change...... is this SOP for your admins and servers??

5 hours ago, Alaskan2785 said:

hey Company XO i figured you'd might like to know..... one of your server Admins "Fire_Truck" just allowed a squad leader to intentionally TK myself in order to take an empty logi truck from my squad. When confronted about not responding to any messages he told me "we were both in the wrong" and nothing happened to the TK'er. I was then kicked from the server on map change...... is this SOP for your admins and servers??

Our SOP is to remove toxic and harmful individuals from our servers so they do not infect the rest of our dear community. Your actions identified you as such an individual. You are now permanently banned on both of our servers. Enjoy the rest of your time with Squad. May you have a better experience elsewhere.

Regards, PolishKruk

It's Fire_Truck.exe first off. 

What I witnessed, you were driving off in a logistics vehicle by yourself screaming "yeah keep crying pussy" in local chat to techkill as he was asking for the logi so he could move to Soliniki to drop a defensive fob BEFORE your team got all capped. I was in admin cam watching and listening to the entire thing. He wanted the logi because it is a faster means of transportation across the map and he was trying to prevent the round being a total loss. Things you could have done to prevent yourself getting kicked include; switching seats and giving the driver seat to his squad, getting out of the vehicle entirely, dropping the conversation when I told you to and said both of you were in the wrong, not calling out the admins and the way the server is ran and defining it as "bullshit" at the end of the round.

Your ban will serve permanently and you can find somewhere else to play. You simply aren't fit for our servers.

Good luck,

Fire Truck

I stand by my admins. Fire Truck.exe was following the server guidelines set by OWI. 

Furthermore, using the subreddit for Discord for kick/ban appeals is the right move. The Squad forum is not the place and other moderators and even the developers will tell you the same.

14 hours ago, Fire Truck said:

It's Fire_Truck.exe first off. 

What I witnessed, you were driving off in a logistics vehicle by yourself screaming "yeah keep crying pussy" in local chat to techkill as he was asking for the logi so he could move to Soliniki to drop a defensive fob BEFORE your team got all capped. I was in admin cam watching and listening to the entire thing. He wanted the logi because it is a faster means of transportation across the map and he was trying to prevent the round being a total loss. Things you could have done to prevent yourself getting kicked include; switching seats and giving the driver seat to his squad, getting out of the vehicle entirely, dropping the conversation when I told you to and said both of you were in the wrong, not calling out the admins and the way the server is ran and defining it as "bullshit" at the end of the round.

Your ban will serve permanently and you can find somewhere else to play. You simply aren't fit for our servers.

Good luck,

Fire Truck

funny thing is.... if you'd watched it i DID get out of the vehicle.... just 30 feet away from him and THEN he shot me..... but now i dont have any desire to play on your servers because Desmo's "playground" is exactly what it says...... an elementary playground for a bunch of sensitive little children to play and cry when their friends feelings get hurt..... have fun running the most PC server i've ever seen on a game based around killing people!

On 1/24/2017 at 9:00 AM, Alaskan2785 said:

an elementary playground for a bunch of sensitive little children to play and cry when their friends feelings get hurt

Seems like alot of what you did by making this post public. We have a discord as well as our own subreddit that you could have taken to if you wanted a better explanation of why you were removed from the server. Maybe one day when your attitude towards other Squad players has improved you will be allowed back into our servers.

Keep in mind, within about 3 hours time you were upgraded from a simple server kick to a full on permanent ban until further notice. Consider the consequences and repercussions of your actions before you conduct yourself the same way you did in our server, as alot of other servers will treat you with the same regard if your deplorable attitude is not fixed soon.

Thank you for your time,

FT

Question about recent kick / guessing temp ban a few minutes ago. Start of the game, vehicles were claimed by a specific squad lead then another squad lead, little known to me he was an admin, trumped and took over the vehicles. Long story short, shit went sound, and everyone started getting mad at said admin. Said admin started talking shit to squad leaders for being "trash"...Yes then I followed up with you're rule #1 which is  " fun public teamwork" I made sure to quote this as said admin is make sure to not work with team. 3 seconds later I am disco.

Either way, I'm here to play and I'll take the blame for defending the other squad leaders. Next time I'll stick to not getting into squad lead politics. 

Thanks

PS: I tried joing Discord but some email verification is taking forever to send. 

-MrRogers

Nobody talked shit. You started talking shit and insulting other squad leaders (myself) and received a temp ban. You joined discord which does have a text chat feature which you decided not to use and instead posted here. Your ban was for 1 day because you need to calm down. 

Something you need to realize about squad, not everything you do will work every time. I placed a risky rush fob and was counter rushed by a humvee. I was at a loss but took it in stride and did my best to keep my squad alive and began working back towards an effective objective. At the time you were banned it had been 15 minutes into the round and there was 1 fob on the map besides the one I had placed at Gran Dell. You had chimed in with the rest of squad leaders in command comms saying things like "man i sure wish we had a logi to place fobs around the map" which could easily be construed as toxic behavior which is against the server rules. 

Coming up on 900 hours in squad, I am well aware that not every tactic by every squad will work every time because we simply dont know what the enemy is doing all of the time. When other squads fail a rush that I am not apart of, I roll on and continue doing my part for the team by placing my fobs and creating my own gameplan with my squad (you know, the 8 players you are in charge of). Next time, make sure your squad is your main focus and keep them focused on the objective at hand. I didn't pull any sort of "disrespect" cards in chat until all of you backed me into a corner and forced me to do something about it. Had I stood idly by, the entire command chat would have remained toxic for the duration of the game. Removing you fixed it immediately. 

You were given a 24 hour ban. 

Couldn't agree more about your decision and I am sorry for getting out of hand.

I am sure you're intentions were very positive. I think the miscommunication was between the other commanders and not understanding the grand strategy. That again could have been resolved if I would of asked for clarification or assistance with what was needed from my group instead of flaming you.

It says "You need to verify your email before typing in this chat" on Discord... Trying to get this workout as no email verification was sent to me. Obviously not your fault, but I will get this worked out and type in Discord if I have any other questions.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, MrRogers said:

Couldn't agree more about your decision and I am sorry for getting out of hand.

I am sure you're intentions were very positive. I think the miscommunication was between the other commanders and not understanding the grand strategy. That again could have been resolved if I would of asked for clarification or assistance with what was needed from my group instead of flaming you.

It says "You need to verify your email before typing in this chat" on Discord... Trying to get this workout as no email verification was sent to me. Obviously not your fault, but I will get this worked out and type in Discord if I have any other questions.

Thanks

Going to consider this resolved. I'm sorry discord isn't working for you. If you manage to get it working, it's the fastest way to get ahold of an admin for our server if none are in game and players in the server are breaking the rules. Our subreddit shares posts directly to discord but the bot sometimes takes a day off and forgets to do it for a few hours.

Posted (edited)

Hello. I'm Unable to join Desmo's Playground for a couple days now. It Exits "unable to join/banned from server" Could someone look into the type of ban this was and what happened? I believe the case may have been when I confused the factions new vehicles and destroyed one unfortunately killing team mates.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mszpond/

Jelly

Edited by Jelly
steam id correction

@Jelly sorry for the lateness of this reply. I will look into your case and get back with you as soon as I know more.

On 12/23/2016 at 4:58 PM, PolishKruk said:

On 12/23/2016 at 9:13 PM, PolishKruk said:

I apologize for the last message with nothing, but any who, I was just playing on Desmos Playground. I was holding suburbs when I was suddenly ejected from the server. I tried to join again and it said I was banned. I didn't teamkill the whole time I was playing and I dont know why I was banned. If I could be unbanned that would be great. my steam user is [TRD] Firephoenix905. Thanks again!