RevolT

Extended Briefing Time

Hello, the Squad community! First of all I want express my gratitude to the developers for such a marvelous game. Also, I want to thank the community for the amount of team-play it gives through this game. This game even made me to create a post on this forum, I have not done it for ages with video games.

So, I found only one thread regarding the briefing time. It is one of the crucial parts for having a successful match, but it seems rather underrated. When the match begins I want to be able to communicate my plans to other SLs effectively and vividly, but I cannot do it properly because we have only one minute for this. And when I do have enough time for briefing, the plans are half of the time forgotten by other SLs which leads to disorganization at the beginning of the match. I think the briefing time should be at least 2:30 so that all people have time to join the server and understand the situation. 

Another useful feature could be an interactive mini map available only at the beginning of the match so that all SLs could potentially work out a plan together and draw something together.  What do you guys think?

Edited by RevolT

I like the idea of extending the briefing time. However the interactive mini map idea I don't agree with. I however think that they should change how the squad objective markers work throughout the match. Imo, everyone on the team should be able to see every squad's objective markers, however each marker should have the squad's number next to it and your squad's marker should be green, the rest blue.

I think 2 mins in between matches to "form up" and then a 1 minute "o group" session with the SLs able to mute their squads and discuss among the SLs the plan for the match would go a long way.

The ability to draw on the map and to allocate vehicles to squads would help a lot in the overall organization. As the "meta" in the game continuously devolves into "rushing" tactics, this can *slightly* even the playing field by attempting to give both teams more focused structure around being prepared.

egg

no more delay thanks. plenty of time already.

+ 2-5 mins before enemy can be engaged. drive and talk.

I would like to see one or two minutes more for briefing my squad and talk up to other SL's.
I think this is set by server owners within they're config files.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

15 hours ago, suds said:

no more delay thanks. plenty of time already.

+ 2-5 mins before enemy can be engaged. drive and talk.

Well, the main purpose of adding more time is to have enough time for people to join the server and for all the squads to be created. Now it's not always the case

delays are a server user issue, not a reason to add waiting time so slow players can keep up with the norm.

join a server which has a more experienced player base

Take responsibility and create a squad faster. Watch what happens then. Don't be Alpha, never be Alpha Squad 1, those guys always suck :P

30 minutes ago, suds said:

delays are a server user issue, not a reason to add waiting time so slow players can keep up with the norm.

but it has nothing to do with whether the person is slow or not, the dominant thing affecting the loading time is the hardware. I have a very good ping and SSD, so my loading time is minuscule.  But the guys with slower machines and people who got kicked by servers lags should have time to join.  I don't see how an additional minute before the start can do harm

I cant say ive noticed anyone joining late. Perhaps if they are joining the server... but missing the first minute is no issue either assuming teams are balanced.

More likely is that noone wants to be SL to a bunch of unknowns. The most popular servers dont have this issue and even when noone can be arsed to SL the playerbase knows the maps enough to just get on and do what needs to be done.

If you like waiting just count the seconds in a minute. Let me know how much fun it is :P

Edited by suds