Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Lewis

Will new Animation system fix this issue?

Recommended Posts

Happened again, single shotted insurgent twice in upper back with m4... but no hit reaction or stamina effect at all.. so what does he do? Instantly spin dive on the ground to full auto me. But with the broken hit system, I somehow still didn't die after getting hit multiple times. And a teammate killed him. 

 

1) he shouldn't have been able to spin dive after taking damage (maybe new animation system can fix that)

2) two shots to back should have dropped him

3) when he shot me, I should have died. There are many times I have been hit and seen pink mist and still haven't taken damage. 

 

-I hope the new animation system can address this. But the monthly recap didn't mention it. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit penalties are something the devs are looking into, and I'm sure they'd like to improve hit detection. Whether either of these things will be seen in the first iteration of the animation update has yet to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spin diving, prone dodgding, ect. are issues, are a problem, and hopefully are fixed with new animation system :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

37 minutes ago, KCIV said:

Spin diving, prone dodgding, ect. are issues, are a problem, and hopefully are fixed with new animation system :)

If yeah look at the going to prone animation I  the recap you can clearly see the going to prone animation. Looks like it will mitigate the dolpin diving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grimshadow said:

 

If yeah look at the going to prone animation I  the recap you can clearly see the going to prone animation. Looks like it will mitigate the dolpin diving. 

 

 

Yea, but its more to it than that, we can't see at what point you can return fire. Also when considering tick rates with animations ect, you may fix one problem but see another.

But yes Fully agree that new animations look like they will fix many of the min/max gimicks with animations! Very exciting to see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2016 at 11:19 AM, KCIV said:

Spin diving, prone dodgding, ect. are issues, are a problem, and hopefully are fixed with new animation system :)

How can we expect it to get fixed if the devs don't even know about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

How can we expect it to get fixed if the devs don't even know about it?

 

 

A good point, I know its been talked about before. I guess I am assuming they do know about those issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

How can we expect it to get fixed if the devs don't even know about it?

 

Says who? Devs are well aware of it. They're aware of more things than players.

 

I don't see why you would think the new animation system will be fully implemented all at once and solve all issues, it will be implemented in iterations just like everything else and be worked on over time.

 

They don't have time to address every single issue in a recap. They know of it and they're working away, it might seem like it's "broken" or needs to be "fixed" but there's a reason they're not throwing out hotfixes every single week for minor issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Assifuah said:

 

Says who? Devs are well aware of it. They're aware of more things than players.

 

I don't see why you would think the new animation system will be fully implemented all at once and solve all issues, it will be implemented in iterations just like everything else and be worked on over time.

 

They don't have time to address every single issue in a recap. They know of it and they're working away, it might seem like it's "broken" or needs to be "fixed" but there's a reason they're not throwing out hotfixes every single week for minor issues.

Ah the animation system may be released in iterations! That could work. I guess it will be pretty complicated in itself anyways .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Ah the animation system may be released in iterations! That could work. I guess it will be pretty complicated in itself anyways .

 

Indeed. I'm sure it'll be a better experience in many areas even with the first iteration / implementation into the release build though! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×