Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Lewis

Will new Animation system fix this issue?

Happened again, single shotted insurgent twice in upper back with m4... but no hit reaction or stamina effect at all.. so what does he do? Instantly spin dive on the ground to full auto me. But with the broken hit system, I somehow still didn't die after getting hit multiple times. And a teammate killed him. 

1) he shouldn't have been able to spin dive after taking damage (maybe new animation system can fix that)

2) two shots to back should have dropped him

3) when he shot me, I should have died. There are many times I have been hit and seen pink mist and still haven't taken damage. 

-I hope the new animation system can address this. But the monthly recap didn't mention it. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Hit penalties are something the devs are looking into, and I'm sure they'd like to improve hit detection. Whether either of these things will be seen in the first iteration of the animation update has yet to be seen.

Spin diving, prone dodgding, ect. are issues, are a problem, and hopefully are fixed with new animation system :)

37 minutes ago, KCIV said:

Spin diving, prone dodgding, ect. are issues, are a problem, and hopefully are fixed with new animation system :)

If yeah look at the going to prone animation I  the recap you can clearly see the going to prone animation. Looks like it will mitigate the dolpin diving. 

1 hour ago, grimshadow said:

If yeah look at the going to prone animation I  the recap you can clearly see the going to prone animation. Looks like it will mitigate the dolpin diving. 

Yea, but its more to it than that, we can't see at what point you can return fire. Also when considering tick rates with animations ect, you may fix one problem but see another.

But yes Fully agree that new animations look like they will fix many of the min/max gimicks with animations! Very exciting to see!

On 12/21/2016 at 11:19 AM, KCIV said:

How can we expect it to get fixed if the devs don't even know about it?

26 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

A good point, I know its been talked about before. I guess I am assuming they do know about those issues. 

37 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Says who? Devs are well aware of it. They're aware of more things than players.

I don't see why you would think the new animation system will be fully implemented all at once and solve all issues, it will be implemented in iterations just like everything else and be worked on over time.

They don't have time to address every single issue in a recap. They know of it and they're working away, it might seem like it's "broken" or needs to be "fixed" but there's a reason they're not throwing out hotfixes every single week for minor issues.

4 hours ago, Assifuah said:

Says who? Devs are well aware of it. They're aware of more things than players.

I don't see why you would think the new animation system will be fully implemented all at once and solve all issues, it will be implemented in iterations just like everything else and be worked on over time.

They don't have time to address every single issue in a recap. They know of it and they're working away, it might seem like it's "broken" or needs to be "fixed" but there's a reason they're not throwing out hotfixes every single week for minor issues.

Ah the animation system may be released in iterations! That could work. I guess it will be pretty complicated in itself anyways .

13 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Ah the animation system may be released in iterations! That could work. I guess it will be pretty complicated in itself anyways .

Indeed. I'm sure it'll be a better experience in many areas even with the first iteration / implementation into the release build though! :)