MeanMike

TEAMKILLING AND NO SYSTEM TO STOP

Copying a players name and then disconnecting and doing it all over again. No respawn timer and no way to stop it from the devs.

The way people get banned now if no server admin is on only happens if:

a) Someone cares enough to report in the first place

b) Knows to grab the right steamid via steamid lookup (it can change!) a

c) is able to find the server admin info (which is extremely hard on some servers for some reason) this guy won't get banned. 

Not only that, but you only get them banned on the server teamkilling and on the shared ban list they may or may not have. They can still buy another copy when it goes on sale for 20 bucks so we need a SYSTEM to stop it automatically from happening over and over.

I'm not even sure where to report this guy!!!!!

Edited by MeanMike

51 minutes ago, MeanMike said:

I'm not even sure where to report this guy!!!!!

There's a section on the forums that says "report a problem player"

Who the hell would pay $20 to log back onto some servers, team kill for a bit, and then be banned all over again?

There will most likely be a !r command later which will give admins the power to see exactly which player was reported (regardless of them changing names) just like in PR. For now, if you play mostly on west coast tactical, I recommend applying for an admin position so you can remove such problem players on that server :) 

How to help your server admins to report TKs (and other issues):

1. Take a screen shot of the console output (~) showing the tks. You'll need some proof to back up your claims.

2. From Steam (either SHIFT+TAB while in-game, or your Steam app out of game), go to your Profile

3. Go to your "Friends" menu option

4. Go to the "Recently Played With" tab

5. Find the player and click to view his profile.

6. Copy the URL to that profile.

7. Report the incident to the server administrators (via their web site, Discord, this forum) with the screenshot of the console for proof, a description of the incident and the URL to the player's Steam profile.

The admins can handle the issue from there and they will be grateful for the assistance.

On 12/19/2016 at 9:52 AM, disposableHero said:

How to help your server admins to report TKs (and other issues):

1. Take a screen shot of the console output (~) showing the tks. You'll need some proof to back up your claims.

2. From Steam (either SHIFT+TAB while in-game, or your Steam app out of game), go to your Profile

3. Go to your "Friends" menu option

4. Go to the "Recently Played With" tab

5. Find the player and click to view his profile.

6. Copy the URL to that profile.

7. Report the incident to the server administrators (via their web site, Discord, this forum) with the screenshot of the console for proof, a description of the incident and the URL to the player's Steam profile.

The admins can handle the issue from there and they will be grateful for the assistance.

That url from their profile changes btw, so that advice is bad.

I think player reputation scores that are negatively affected by bans and the like would aid in this. If you then had a large enough community where you could have servers with minimum reputation score thresholds, you could mitigate the ability for these types of players to be disruptive.

egg

I had an issue a week or so ago on a server (believe it was Mumblerines). We were pushing an enemy cap point (FOB Papa), had a logi truck for an FOB, set up a .50 overlooking the compound to cover the assault. Was all going pretty smoothly, .50 was able to keep everyones head down that was inside the buildings while people pushed within grenade range.

Until a 2 man friendly squad waddled up to the .50 I was manning, and lay prone on it, completely obscuring my vision. They ended up TKing me and getting on the gun themselves. Only took a couple of minutes to get on the server's discord and get an admin on the job.

Unfortunately, not sure what tools the admins have at their disposal, but I believe you need to have the user's exact steamID in order to ban them, and if they aren't currently on the server (the two that were griefing me left a few seconds before the admin got online), it can be a hassle to find their steamID if it's a common username. Thankfully, one of the guys was banned instantly because he had an unusual name that I could find, and the admin found the other guy's name after a couple of minutes of digging.

tl;dr Reporting the problem isn't an issue, especially if it's a decent server with an active discord and whatnot (I know some servers have forums that need to you sign up for an account to report anything, I've just avoided those servers after having issues that needed an admin), but the ability (or inability) to find steamIDs after they leave the server in order to ban them is one.

17 hours ago, MeanMike said:

That url from their profile changes btw, so that advice is bad.

I've never had this happen. I've had my steam account for at least 5 years. No matter what I change my name to, my steam profile is still /Raihje

You need a server with active admin to catch them. In the console admins can grab the players steam 64 ID. Name or url changes will not help the offender as the ID remains banned and shared in the community ban list if the server is amongst that community list.

Play on servers with admins that use discord or even teamspeak

My server [Legacy] has a discord.

FFO

Squad ops.

mumblerines

candyvan

BVAR

RIP

ZXD

if no current admins are on leave an @here note

On 12/24/2016 at 10:25 PM, Mad Ani said:

You need a server with active admin to catch them. In the console admins can grab the players steam 64 ID. Name or url changes will not help the offender as the ID remains banned and shared in the community ban list if the server is amongst that community list.

You're missing the point. Unless you're very fast and also know that the url is not the steamID they won't be caught if the admin is not online at that very moment.

I can't believe you people don't understand this.

On 12/22/2016 at 7:41 AM, disposableHero said:

Never had a problem with this happening.

On 12/22/2016 at 11:32 AM, Arduras said:

I've never had this happen. I've had my steam account for at least 5 years. No matter what I change my name to, my steam profile is still /Raihje

Well I guess there's no possibility of it happening then since you personally have not encountered the problem and don't know how to do it yourself. Thanks for the help!

The slightly hard part to is making sure it wasn't Intentional. I have seen 6 tks from a guy that got shot throwing a gernade and it landed on his buddies. 

But intentional will deff result in a 6 month ban. Hopefully then they figure their shit out. 

But better admin tools hoping for down the road. I'd like to just be able to list players, click on their name and choose to kick, band for x amount of days etc. 

On 12/22/2016 at 11:41 AM, Kerri said:

Unfortunately, not sure what tools the admins have at their disposal, but I believe you need to have the user's exact steamID in order to ban them, and if they aren't currently on the server (the two that were griefing me left a few seconds before the admin got online), it can be a hassle to find their steamID if it's a common username. Thankfully, one of the guys was banned instantly because he had an unusual name that I could find, and the admin found the other guy's name after a couple of minutes of digging.

Theres a few 3rd party tools like BattleMetrics that make the job easier. But without it yeah if someone leaves the server and you don't have their steam account/ID its near impossible to enforce or punish

On 12/31/2016 at 11:47 AM, MeanMike said:

You're missing the point. Unless you're very fast and also know that the url is not the steamID they won't be caught if the admin is not online at that very moment.

I can't believe you people don't understand this.

Well I guess there's no possibility of it happening then since you personally have not encountered the problem and don't know how to do it yourself. Thanks for the help!

How about providing the people who are experiencing issues with players on a server a way to report the information necessary to server admins so that they can help rid the community of trouble-makers instead of just being an ass to those that are trying to help?

So much time when I am about to throw a grenade, I was shot and I dropped the live grenade on my team. But every time I apologize in chat. Or when you shoot from 50 cal it`s possible to waste whole friendly squad that didn`t give info when they are close to the enemy.