MaxK

"Server closed connection" (in every game within 5-10 minutes) HELP!

So I just got squad, and ever since i booted up this game, i've been experiencing "serve closed connection" within 5-10 minuttes time, this is a serious issue. And let me stop you right there if you think it's my connection, I've got a fiber optic connection with 60MBps so nah, it's not that, and it works perfectly in all other games (which is not in alpha stage) so, what's the deal here? Is the servers buggy or what? I expect the servers to be fixed or the game to be fixed soon.

Never heard of this happening, very peculiar. If you haven't already I'd try playing on lots of different servers and see if this still happens.

A lot of users seemed to have/had this type of error. I have the same problem aswell. Everything worked fine until 8.7 came out and introduced this bug to me. There are some things you can try out, mentioned in those posts below. Did not find a workaround for me though.

Edited by LoneWolf

same problem , i can play about 10 to 15 minutes then lose server ( server closed connection) also since two updates ago sometimes my game starts the load process then just back to desktop. I have to restart atleast 4 out of 5 times starting game. Today is the first time i have ever lost 3 games in a row.

I have this problem as well, although I can sometimes stay in a game for longer periods before I get the "Server closed connection" error i can never stay for a full match. 

I have tried

• uninstalling the game and reinstalling on an SSD
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling EAC
  • Deleting the Squad Appdata folder
  • confirmed I don't have sweetFX installed

No luck. I still get the same error at random intervals. 

:(

I have the same issue, except I am disconnected within seconds. I've had this game since EA release. Rather pissed off that there hasn't been much explanation and this is happening to a decent amount of people.... This game is completely unplayable at the moment. Every update since v7 has been a complete failure in terms of bugs.... I haven't been able to play with ANY of the new content in matches. I bought this game to play it. Not watch other people play it...

I can't figure out what's causing this. The other day I could almost play a full match, and today I can't stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time.

There's been a lot of different solutions, none of which have worked for me. Perhaps there's something these fixes have in common that will make it possible to find other causes on different computers?

I still haven't been able to find any cause for this. Since certain programs have been causing issues for others I'm going to try to shut down or uninstall unnecessary background processes on my computer and see if that helps.

I can't be 100% sure, but I think i've located the cause in my end. I've only played a couple of full matches so far, but no disconnects so far.  

It seems my issue was that the windows clock was always wrong by anything from several hours to more than a day. I've had the issue for quite some time and had stopped caring or even noticing. 

As it turns out it was the windows server feeding my computer with the wrong time for whatever reason. After changing which server I get the time from there's been no more lost connections. 

Who knew the windows clock was actually used for other purposes than being annoying and could actually cause trouble if it wasn't set right. 

My friend had that happen. As soon as he replaced the CMOS it was fixed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi there, 

I'm having the same problem. Mine disconnects seconds after showing the map The game connects to the server, shows the opening picture of the map, but before any other text appears, it goes back to the loading screen (with the keyboard layout) loads a bit more and then goes back to the main menu with a message that says, "Server closed connection". 

This started with the 8.11 update.

Things I've tried. 

1. Restarting the game.
  2. Restarting the PC. 
  3. Uninstalling anything associated with my Razer mouse.
  4. Confirmed no SweetFX, or any other overlay system other than Steam.
  5. Validated the files through steam.
  6. Uninstalled the game. 
  7. Uninstalled the game and reinstalled on a different HD. 

Windows 7 Pc.

I play this game almost every night, so it's quite unfortunate that I'm not able to play it. 

Any help getting back in the fight, as they say, would be really appreciated. 

Tim 

Have you tried clearing your game cache or whatever it's called? This can be done in the settings menu in-game or by deleting your squad folder in the appdata folder. 

Also, the EAC seems to cause trouble for a lot of people as well. Try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that helps. 

I had this issue, and the only thing that solved it for me was reinstalling steam itself. (I advised dragging out your "steamapps" folder so that you will keep all of your games installed). But a simple reinstall of steam and now it works like a dream again. Hope this helped.

Having same problem today, was playing game not 12hours ago and now within seconds of connecting to server I am disconnected with "server closed connection". What I have tried so far:

- Turn off/ change settings to firewall

- Check game files were up to date in steam

- Clear user data cache in game

- Restarted PC

- Restarted router/modem

- Ended all unnecessary back ground processors

- Run as administrator

- No SweetFX or other overlay running

Steam did update this morning which was only change to state of my PC will try to uninstall/ reinstall steam.

Will post message afterwards.

So tried reinstalling steam after moving game files out of steam folders (didnt work), ok deleted Squad game files and downloaded again (also didnt work). Will check in again if I find anything.

Just tried uninstall and reinstall of EAC, again didnt help.

Edited by Wellsy28
Update

Having this issue - it started on Tuesday for me. Noticed small Steam update, launched game, cannot connect to any server. I will join and then get kicked seconds later with a Server Closed Connection issue. Eventually went to the extreme step of uninstalling and then reinstalling Steam. This allowed me to connect and play. Again, this was Tuesday.

Came back to the game tonight, again, small Steam update and then I've experienced the same issue again. Restarted Steam, verified client files, cleared Steam downloads cache, rebooted. I've tried everything, no joy. I'm not going to uninstall and re-install Steam every night.

Seems to be an EAC issue? Not sure, but there is definitely a problem ,as my fellow admins on TG that were able to connect reported seeing a lot of player connect and then instant disconnect messages, so there is a number of people experiencing this issue.

Also having the same issue. Played earlier this evening. Came back after a break, and steam had restarted with a small update. After launching Squad, when I join a server, whether populated or empty. I connect initially, render map, and then after two seconds the game disconnects from the server and goes to the black screen w/ "loading" in the upper right. It shows "Server Connection Closed" when back at the browser/menu screen in the top center. 

Have tried: Deleting Local App Data, Verifying files, Restarting PC, Uninstalling steam and Reinstalling steam, clearing user settings/data, and Restarting router to no effect. This is obviously an issue w/ Steam, Squad, and  probably EAC. Let us know what you'd like us to try to resolve this.  

Thanks,

Fu*

On 1/18/2017 at 11:36 PM, theBunnie said:

Things I've tried. 

1. Restarting the game.
  2. Restarting the PC. 
  3. Uninstalling anything associated with my Razer mouse.
  4. Confirmed no SweetFX, or any other overlay system other than Steam.
  5. Validated the files through steam.
  6. Uninstalled the game. 
  7. Uninstalled the game and reinstalled on a different HD. 

I addition to the list above, I just reinstalled Windows on a brand new SSD. Obviously redownloaded everything. When I opened Squad and tried to join a server, the same problem. I think that kind of proves that it's not some issue with my cache or computer. It's all brand new. This has to be a game or steam issue. 

I am also having this issue. No change I am aware of making. Have tried everything here, including uninstalling Stea, Squad, EAC, etc. Still get "Server Closed Connection".

Was fine last night...

Have given up, dunno what else to try.

egg

yeah I have tried bloody everything might have to leave it for the night and try again tomorrow.

Literally just started experiencing this issue after a few days of not playing. Last working Tuesday 17th,

Was joining servers and getting disconnected within 5 seconds of entering a server.

Also joining servers that I have admin rights on, still kicked me with "Server closed connection" - other members were able to join and stay in

- The first connection i made today showed me on the server list (viewed on battle metrics) but i was kicked shortly after - multiple attempts after this i was not shown on the lists

-restarted steam

-verified game files

still didn't work

-Cleared game cache through in game menu - and i was able to connect and stay in after restarting the game

- change graphics settings to my normal settings and reconnected to the same servers it was kicking me from

Seems to have worked as im not getting kicked from live servers. 

Good luck guys

Iam this time in this club as well. At wednesday everything fine. yesterday I had "closed connection issue". 

But I noticed that i had Steam update in between. 

What helped me a lot. PATIENT ! :D

no realy iam not kidding. No panic. 

And well what helped me technically.

Did you turn it off and on again ? :D

Remove localApp squad files.

Validate data. Restart one again

Run without any problem. And if today I will have this problem again than its signal to take pause from gaming at all. And wait for next update. This helped me in past already.