Sign in to follow this  
Arduras

BUG: Aiming with optics.

Marksmens fire off to the left or right of the crosshair, the Crow fires off sight (I think lower than the sight) and apparently de-renders foliage and objects on many maps.

The foliage de-rendering isn't an issue for me, I play on low settings and foliage just turns into big ol' green bricks/flakes that I can't see through worth a damn but many people have reported this while I was playing.

Btw, there is a bug report forum, that is where you should submit this.

I do know that your observation of the CROW is not a bug though. It's to simulate the camera being offset from the gun barrel and I think it exists in the BTR as well.

With any high powered optic or sight, the foliage will render in while zoomed in, and render out as it zooms out. This saves your computer from melting because of a couple of bushes 2 km out.

As for sights being off, bullets dont come out of the gun sight, they come out of the barrel. So if your sight is 1 inch high off the barrel, your bullet will be 1 inch low from your point of aim (assuming a range of 0m).

16 hours ago, Arduras said:

Marksmens fire off to the left or right of the crosshair, the Crow fires off sight (I think lower than the sight) and apparently de-renders foliage and objects on many maps.

The foliage de-rendering isn't an issue for me, I play on low settings and foliage just turns into big ol' green bricks/flakes that I can't see through worth a damn but many people have reported this while I was playing.

Its a known issue with the Marksmen sights.

It's the origin-shifting issue that is somewhat well known, where aiming up/down hills causes an offset in where your round lands.

Most recent UE4 update added client side origin-shifting which potentially fixes the marksmen issue.

As for the CROWS, that sounds intentional to me as the camera is offset from the gun.

derendering is a known issue posted many times. Even on reddit which was not met well by devs.

Optics being off is a known issue as well, will be fixed in the future.

Some of that "guns are off" is due to ballistics so will remain but there is an issue on some optics. Its also how terrain is rendered at long range "invisible top of hill" as it were. IE player is fully behind a solid hill but the top of the terrain is "missing" at long range letting you see and shoot them, but not hit them.

The way brush/folliage is rendered with high magnification is problematic in squad, There are solutions but most will be touched on at a later date.

The issue is mostly that A player model is rendered more than the brush hes behind. Weve done tests of crows/markman/optic all at different ratios of distance Its way to easy to spot players at long range compared to medium/short range. In many cases they literally "pop out" from the terrain, while at medium range they are almost completely invisible. 

But its being addressed, but probably not until a later date.

Edited by KCIV

The aiming issue is also visible with ACOGs last night it kept firing off to the left even at 50m instead of on or just above the chevron.

At nay rate, glad it's known and hopefully being taken care of soon.

edit: So any videos about irigin shifting involve a few models playing with other 3D shapes as a test of Origin shifting.

Could someone explain how this bug works/what origin shifting is?

Edited by Arduras

On 18.12.2016 at 0:03 PM, GreatDestroyerDT said:

As for sights being off, bullets dont come out of the gun sight, they come out of the barrel. So if your sight is 1 inch high off the barrel, your bullet will be 1 inch low from your point of aim (assuming a range of 0m).

OP said LEFT and RIGHT not UP and DOWN :)