Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

Anyone else noticed vehicles taking 3+ HEAT rockets?

Since the last update, I've had two games now where a vic takes more than three HEAT rockets without showing signs of damage. A Humvee on Sumari and a BTR on Chora, both of which took 4-5 HEATs (and the latter some CROWS fire) to be destroyed.

Ya, last night while in Squadfrontlines campaign. I hit BTR for like 3 times and its not exploding at all. Not even a smoke visual. My friend finish it with 4th LAW then it explodes. Is it really takes 3+ LAW?

From the 8.9 Recap

• Fixed two bugs that made vehicles a lot more squishy than they were in A7. Vehicles should be back to A7 survivability again.
  • Fixed a bug where the burn damage to vehicles were up to 10 times higher than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where all vehicles except for the BTR-80 were taking 30-50% more damage from rifles and HMGs than they should.

Also, IIRC one of the Devs said on the Discord that the BTR was changed so it takes 3 HEAT rounds now instead of 2. 

On 12/17/2016 at 11:38 AM, Smee said:

Sure your hitting the same asset? )

Yep, positive.

15 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

From the 8.9 Recap

• Fixed two bugs that made vehicles a lot more squishy than they were in A7. Vehicles should be back to A7 survivability again.
  • Fixed a bug where the burn damage to vehicles were up to 10 times higher than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where all vehicles except for the BTR-80 were taking 30-50% more damage from rifles and HMGs than they should.

Also, IIRC one of the Devs said on the Discord that the BTR was changed so it takes 3 HEAT rounds now instead of 2. 

It already took 3 though, at least for me. Only time I've destroyed a BTR with two HEATs is the firing range.

This is rather disappointing if it's true vehicles have simply been buffed, BTRs/Humvees should go down with 2. Perhaps that's a change to come when we see more and heavier vehicles like IFVs.

One had a round on Logar where I hit the same crow 4 times with heat rounds. Sure it was the same since I managed to kill crew (they jumped out after me hitting it first 2 times). I ran back to an ammo crate to resupply and shot crow 2 more times before it blew up. 

Last night we were on fire after 1 hit (no fire damage to players which was strange) and blew about 30 seconds later without any extra hits. Definately a fresh BTR too, we had flanked and were coming back into the fight from the enemy rear.