Bazamore

Maybe lower the price of the game?

I know the game just made a year on steam but, for a game in early alpha i think 40$ is a bit much.  The game so far in early alpha is good for what it is. The updates make the game even better as time passes. The only issues i have are the servers and the pop (population) for the game. I feel that people don't want to really spend 40$ on a game that isn't even done and the company isn't well known by a lot of people so, they don't know if they should trust spending 40$ on it. That's why i took long on buying the game when i found it 6 months ago. After the free weekend when the game was at 11k people for two days i decided to buy the game and a lot of people like the game and gave it good reviews so, I assumed after that weekend a lot of people would buy it as well. I was wrong. The numbers just fell back down after those two days. Now i wasn't expecting 11k people to start buying the game at least a few thousand or so but, it was really a couple of people like a few hundred i'd say.

I just think people don't want to spend money on a game so close to retail price (20$ away) when its only in Alpha. You also have to rent a server as well. Speaking of servers there aren't as many servers that are full or even have people in them(that are NA) then i thought there would be. Today i had the issue of finding an English server close to its server cap that wasn't already full. I don't mind playing with EU players but its hard when you can't understand them. My point is maybe if the game was a bit cheaper for it being in alpha the community would grow more and we will see more servers or even people in the servers that are just empty and deserted. Just my opinion still love the game and can't wait to see where it goes in the future.  

Edited by Bazamore

$40 is a great price when you think about what the game will become, I am able to find enough US servers.

18 minutes ago, Bazamore said:

I know the game just made a year on steam but, for a game in early alpha i think 40$ is a bit much.

Wait untill Squad exits the Alpha stage or whenever you think its worth it. There won't be DLCs before the game is released and it keeps the bad kind of people away (like trolls and cheaters) hence the price

18 minutes ago, Bazamore said:

I just think people don't want to spend money on a game so close to retail price (20$ away) when its only in Alpha

Man, you're offending me. I paid $80 for Pre-Alpha :D

Edited by mastah4

27 minutes ago, mastah4 said:

Man, you're offending me. I paid $80 for Pre-Alpha :D

Sorry, i just feel like there would be a lot more people if the game was like 30$ i'm new to the community so i don't know how many people are dedicated to the game yet.  

i think it should be free access to it once you pre order the super veteran early deluxe squad 2 comes out... like cod4 remasterd dot dot dot :/

Edited by Bigsmokeee

It's a steal if you buy it on sale. People who don't want to spend 40 could have just bought it at half price.

Edited by fatalsushi

I certainly understand that for a normal prerelease game $40 would be a steep price, but I trust that the devs that they are asking a higher price because they need the money to continue adding content and features for years to come.

The problem is not the price. The game has supposedly over 200,000 owners. If even 10% of them played weekly that's around 3000 daily. I would say that's about where the player numbers currently sit. Player retention is where this game struggles. Of course the die hard fan base is a different story, but the average Joe seems to just want to jump on and shoot some shit, which means they tire of squad and go back to playing their mindless call of battle duty 5000 deluxe edition with three day one dlc.

Wow. What a cool page. Thanks for posting that.

No worries. I can't state how accurate those pages are but I'm guessing the data comes from the steam api so it's as accurate as you'll get aside from getting the info straight from owi
https://steamcommunity.com/dev

44 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Your observation are very astute and backed up with that page most definitely. You can most certainly see the upward spikes associated with specific patches and obviously the free weekend and then steep drop offs in popularity as folks get disgusted and move on. Yes player retention would seem to be a problem and I think its directly related to the average Joe's frustration level with the game and all its idiosyncrasies. That said, my perspective is that the "die hards" stringent requirements that have directly affected the development process will do nothing but further the alienation of the normal gamer as well. The main problem is that Squad actually punishes mature players of other FPS games that start playing with all of its restrictive weapon/vehicle/squad requirements in order to attempt to appease the "original supporters" by essentially attempting to control new immature players.  

Nicely said. Unfortunately the DEVS are try to put handcuffs on even the idea of changing the dynamics of the game. For example if you try and create a custom server they will revoke your ability to host one. Its frustrating seeing the potential of squad and how the DEVS are limiting the fun you can have. Imagine a server with instant vehicle spawns, unlimited FOB points with the need to only rearm stationary weapons, and 1000 tickets to start with. 

Well to the two above, once modding is properly supported, all those things will be possible. They're still building the base game. Perhaps during the beta stage we'll start seeing more modded content which could bring the more casual players back. Think like what dayz did for arma2

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

Well to the two above, once modding is properly supported, all those things will be possible. They're still building the base game. Perhaps during the beta stage we'll start seeing more modded content which could bring the more casual players back. Think like what dayz did for arma2

Hopefully or they will say wait for squad 2. With the retail price of $60.

Edited by shawn7186

They will not lower the price of the game. They made multiple statements about it.

Hopefully or they will say wait for squad 2. With the retail price of $60.

If squad in its current incarnation was popular enough to merit a sequel, why would they simplify that one and mess with the format? Or was that just a snide remark?

40 bucks is pretty not to much for a Game you can actually play and may be get a Part of the developing.

PPL are willing to pay 70 or more Bucks for a Game which is not even in stores or playable and do advanced pays for season passes or DLC which are available in a year or so.  Not to mention of Day one Patches and so on...

just my 50cents