Jump to content
Cheesy_LeScrub

The Cheesy Tactical Guide for SQUAD - 2nd Edition.

Recommended Posts

Good morning Squadmates,

 

It's time for me to present to you the Cheesy Tactical Guide for SQUAD - 2nd Edition.

 

ThC2HX3.jpg

 

If you're unfamiliar with the Cheesy Tactical Guide, you can check this link for the first version :) 

 

The Cheesy Tactical Guide is my approach to SQUAD. It is an exposition of the procedures, techniques, strategies, and tactics that I employ to make my experience of SQUAD the best that it can be--for myself and for my team. And, as if I am quoting the past to myself, this Guide only includes approximately a third of the content that I initially set out to cover. Literally. This is Chapter One of what I intend to be a three-part series. Those of you familiar with the first edition of the Guide will note that the Chapters on Basic Leadership and the Formula for Success (the infamous ***-Section) are absent. Indeed. I haven't completed them yet. They should have been completed a few months ago. But, rest assured, they are on the way. 

 

The Guide, as I mentioned last time, is absolutely a labour of love. Hopefully you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the whisky required for creating it!

 

Happy reading and happy hunting. See you on the field!

 

@YoMma @Usgu @unfrail @Nightstalker21

 

 

Cheers,

Cheese. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Working on Herding Cats the other day and was wondering how far along you were! Gonna have a good flip through! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 Cheesy, excellent guide! What about contacting the devs, and putting a link to this on the Squad main screen in-game? Like on the menu where you see server browser, custom servers, settings, etc? Make it that much easier for noobs to see and use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt obliged to register on the forum just so I could say how much I love the graphical layout of it. I haven't read more than a few pages yet, but I really like the general design of the guide so far!

 

If you welcome constructive criticism I wouldn't mind giving it a more thorough look-over with that in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks lads :)

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Inkompetent said:

If you welcome constructive criticism I wouldn't mind giving it a more thorough look-over with that in mind.

Always. The more the better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

The Guide, as I mentioned last time, is absolutely a labour of love. Hopefully you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the whisky required for creating it!@YoMma @Usgu @unfrail @Nightstalker21

Cheese. 

 

Very good job mate !!! Much appreciated !

Translation to french is goint to begin ASAP, depending on the time I've left after work ;)

Thx !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First post here at Squad HQ. I'd just like to say what an awesome job you have done with this manual. I'm waiting for Squad to be in the Steam Xmas sale, then I'll take the plunge. In the meantime I'm absorbing as much info as I can via Youtube and the various guides that have been published.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter, not that I think I'll be SL anytime soon.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2016 at 11:15 PM, Tartantyco said:

Updated the link on /r/PlaySquad.

Thanks Tartan :)

 

23 hours ago, smokyhook said:

Cheesy - giving away so much for free ! nice work !

You were always my biggest fan Smoky :P

 

19 hours ago, Penry said:

First post here at Squad HQ. I'd just like to say what an awesome job you have done with this manual. I'm waiting for Squad to be in the Steam Xmas sale, then I'll take the plunge. In the meantime I'm absorbing as much info as I can via Youtube and the various guides that have been published.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter, not that I think I'll be SL anytime soon.....

Thanks Penry :)

 

On 12/15/2016 at 6:06 AM, Inkompetent said:

Felt obliged to register on the forum just so I could say how much I love the graphical layout of it. I haven't read more than a few pages yet, but I really like the general design of the guide so far!

 

If you welcome constructive criticism I wouldn't mind giving it a more thorough look-over with that in mind.

Cheers, Inky. I appreciate it. The Guide is written for blokes like you. If you alone got something out of it, my job is done :)  Thanks mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

remember reading the 1st edition last year before playing. was a great intro to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2016 at 0:24 PM, hexx said:

remember reading the 1st edition last year before playing. was a great intro to the game.

Thanks, Hexxy. Appreciate it mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There! Now I've read through the guide a couple of times. Got to say I really like it overall, and it covers what I think it needs to cover (and some which I didn't expect it to).

 

I think I only found one section actually missing, and that's on weapon penetration. Could probably be good to know that HMGs will chew people up through half of all "cover" in the game (i.e. what's cover against anything but HMGs).

 

All other comments, both a bit larger ones, and small stuff like changing a word here and there, can be found as comments in this document: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByqMj2VB44CXNU1EMUpxTHh3N00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×