NikolaiLev

Militia vs. Insurgents maps!

I'm surprised I didn't find a thread about this!  I dunno about you guys but as my two favorite factions (such nice weapon variety) I'd love to see maps that pit the Insurgents and Militia against each other.  It might seem a mite contrived, but we do have maps with Militia in the Afghani maps (for some reason, even though their dark green outfits make them stick out even more than Insurgents).  It's not like this game relies heavily on some kind of cohesive narrative.

What do you guys think?  Do fast-moving techie duels and abundant AKMs sound as fun to you as it does to me?

Edited by NikolaiLev

We had a few Militia vs Insurgents layouts in previous versions, maybe even pre Steam release. 

I personally loved them, you had to get up close and personal, otherwise nothing would happen. Not sure why they were removed, maybe the reason is it's kind of odd to have a Militia of Slavic dudes running around an Afghan town, maybe it's just because they share too many similar weapons.

On 12/14/2016 at 6:56 AM, Stom said:

We had a few Militia vs Insurgents layouts in previous versions, maybe even pre Steam release. 

I personally loved them, you had to get up close and personal, otherwise nothing would happen. Not sure why they were removed, maybe the reason is it's kind of odd to have a Militia of Slavic dudes running around an Afghan town, maybe it's just because they share too many similar weapons.

Russia and Militia get to fight and they both use AK-74s.  I don't see why they can't get re-added.

Consider this thread your place to "vote" for the re-implementation of these kinds of maps!  Congruity be damned.  Again, not like this game heavily hinges on immersion for its primary appeal, and US vs. Russia already demands that you not think about it too hard.

Not to mention US vs. Militia in Afghanistan.  Which is something we already have.