Sign in to follow this  
MrNiggol

TIPS: Recording and Rendering.

Hello,

Does anyone have tips for making vids and rendering them?

Many of the Squad vids suffer from blurriness and are pretty awful to look at. Including my own.

I started to remove Interlacing, motion blur and Frame Blending. Makes it a lot better. Any more tips? Recording in 80Bitrate and render the same.

Use Sony Vegas Pro 12.

Glhf.

PS: Just began with this video stuff. Yes, I'm a noob at it.

For Squad, I recommend SweetFX for its luma sharpen and Anti Aliasing, makes images crisper and clearer. A lot better for recording footage.

I use Sony Vegas too. Here's how I set mine up. I generally have a crisp and clear video after render. But overall online video quality comes down to youtube and its encoding after processing the videos, as youtube compresses videos even more. That;s why sometimes videos seem pixelated after upload, even if the rendered video isn't.

So first I click on "Project properties" 
3yE0inx.jpg 

I change a few settings
-Pixel format : I change to 32-bit Floating point(video levels); Note - You can use 32-bit Floating point(Full range), just has a slight darker image and contrast.
-Full resolution rendering quality : I set this to best
-Adjust source media : Unticked

I also tick, Start all projects with these settings. Even though it's unchecked in the screenshot.
Ls5SVs0.jpg

When I'm done editing, I render in MainConcept AVC/ACC, using the Internet HD 1080p template, I then customize it.(As in screen, you can see my custom Templatename)

-I turn allow adjust source frame rate off. Or you end up having inconstant FPS in the video.
-I turn the profile to high.
-I turn variable bitrate off and set mine to constant bitrate of 28,000,000. Since youtube 1080 @60fps supports 15Mbps bitrate. A slightly higher bitrate than the required will increase image quality a little. Especially since youtubes encoding process after upload lessens quality with its compression.
mGbbIwJ.jpg

For the Audio options
- I keep the sample rate at 48,000. That's all you need
- Change the bitrate to 192,000 for slightly better sound quality.
99Y9GYV.jpg

For Project settings
- I change rendering quality to best.
gZSCFYn.jpg

@DubsThanks man. Really appreciate the help. :) Version differ 12 v 13. But pretty much the same. Changed some things up. Test rendering right now.

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

For Squad, I recommend SweetFX for its luma sharpen and Anti Aliasing, makes images crisper and clearer. A lot better for recording footage.

I use Sony Vegas too. Here's how I set mine up. I generally have a crisp and clear video after render. But overall online video quality comes down to youtube and its encoding after processing the videos, as youtube compresses videos even more. That;s why sometimes videos seem pixelated after upload, even if the rendered video isn't.

So first I click on "Project properties" 
3yE0inx.jpg 

I change a few settings
-Pixel format : I change to 32-bit Floating point(video levels); Note - You can use 32-bit Floating point(Full range), just has a slight darker image and contrast.
-Full resolution rendering quality : I set this to best
-Adjust source media : Unticked

I also tick, Start all projects with these settings. Even though it's unchecked in the screenshot.
Ls5SVs0.jpg

When I'm done editing, I render in MainConcept AVC/ACC, using the Internet HD 1080p template, I then customize it.(As in screen, you can see my custom Templatename)

-I turn allow adjust source frame rate off. Or you end up having inconstant FPS in the video.
-I turn the profile to high.
-I turn variable bitrate off and set mine to constant bitrate of 28,000,000. Since youtube 1080 @60fps supports 15Mbps bitrate. A slightly higher bitrate than the required will increase image quality a little. Especially since youtubes encoding process after upload lessens quality with its compression.
mGbbIwJ.jpg

For the Audio options
- I keep the sample rate at 48,000. That's all you need
- Change the bitrate to 192,000 for slightly better sound quality.
99Y9GYV.jpg

For Project settings
- I change rendering quality to best.
gZSCFYn.jpg

You should make a thread for this :D ill use it in my next video! Thanks!

On 12/13/2016 at 5:46 PM, MrNiggol said:

@DubsThanks man. Really appreciate the help. :) Version differ 12 v 13. But pretty much the same. Changed some things up. Test rendering right now.

No worries mate, Been using Sony vegas for years, might as well spread some knowledge :P It should come out pretty clear, just render time may be a tad longer and file size a tad higher compared to renders that use lesser settings.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:08 PM, wetblue13 said:

You should make a thread for this :D ill use it in my next video! Thanks!

I might get around to doing it sometime, could probably do a thread covering multiple editing programs since I've pretty much used everything from Windows movie maker to Adobe Premiere + After effects.

Edited by Dubs