Sign in to follow this  
YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Help. How do I fix this bizarre player texture glitch?

A long time ago, I was a militia grenadier and I sat down in a transport truck. The texture of my pants somehow became the same as the truck bed and the M81 camouflage on my pants was now on my sleeves. I died, respawned, and changed classes but it wouldn't change. I forgot about it until yesterday, where I picked the militia grenadier class again and it was still fluffing there.

Here's what it looks like:

E9D18141D26EEBF214C871FBD97F21F40039DBB7

F6E3A1F4303105352CECFEDC9B9BF06614EC48BB

Assifuah   

Strange.

Posting your hardware specs and in-game settings including resolution would help out a lot more - also, have you edited any configs manually?

Did it happen only when you got into the vehicle and then has been happening ever since?

9 hours ago, Assifuah said:

Strange.

Posting your hardware specs and in-game settings including resolution would help out a lot more - also, have you edited any configs manually?

Did it happen only when you got into the vehicle and then has been happening ever since?

As expected, gotta get into the technical mumbo jumbo.

D3CD58BB1BB5E2DD25F9C2243F8241783984A10A

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Like I said in the OP, I sat in the truck one day and the texture became that way. It's been like that ever since. The texture never reset or anything.

On 12/11/2016 at 6:34 AM, Assifuah said:

Strange.

Today I tried reinstalling Squad and even that didn't fix it.

Psyrus   

For your second picture, I think that actually may be how it is, not a bug... not sure though

The_Militia_2.jpg?version=acb69e1c04187d

Check the guy in the middle looking backwards.

Is the pants being a strange color in the truck a known bug? I haven't played squad in a couple of weeks so I can't remember seeing that kind of stuff (though I am usually SL so I'm focused on the map or driving or comms when in a vehicle -_-)

On 6/5/2017 at 8:36 PM, Psyrus said:

For your second picture, I think that actually may be how it is, not a bug... not sure though

The_Militia_2.jpg?version=acb69e1c04187d

Check the guy in the middle looking backwards.

Is the pants being a strange color in the truck a known bug? I haven't played squad in a couple of weeks so I can't remember seeing that kind of stuff (though I am usually SL so I'm focused on the map or driving or comms when in a vehicle -_-)

It's not at all normal. Currently the militia grenadiers have m81 woodland pants and a partizan top. Even after reinstalling the game two or three times, the texture remains. The normal pants don't have those weird dirty splotches.

Stom   
9 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

It's not at all normal. Currently the militia grenadiers have m81 woodland pants and a partizan top. Even after reinstalling the game two or three times, the texture remains. The normal pants don't have those weird dirty splotches.

It's not on your end Yuri, it's just a glitch where there wrong material is assigned for the first person version of the Militia grenadier.

8 hours ago, Stom said:

It's not on your end Yuri, it's just a glitch where there wrong material is assigned for the first person version of the Militia grenadier.

So your telling me this has happened to others? But why hasn't reinstalling done anything?

Stom   
6 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

So your telling me this has happened to others? But why hasn't reinstalling done anything?

It happens to everyone I think but it's an issue with the setup of the model on the developers side. I can see it in the SDK for example, so everyone gets it but probably doesn't notice it since all you see is the woodland camo most of the time.