Arduras

BUG: HMG Fails to reload.

Alright. Playing as the US we had this FOB with good over watch on a southern flag (on the map that has north/south DC but a different layer with Ghazi farm or something iirc)

Anyway, We we're rockin and had plenty of ammo (500+ pts) and after something like 10 minutes of lighting up a couple flags and a few hills - really supporting the team for a while the gun just wouldn't fire anymore.

Checked the ammo count at the FOB and it read 350+ (can't remember the exact number but it had gone from 800ish down to like 386 or something)

The HMG would do the reload animation (at this time it was the HMG Bunker) but it wouldn't fire regardless of who got in and reloaded it. It could even be reloaded back to back by the same person repeatedly.

I checked with SquadOps because they're pretty experienced and they said overheat lasts mere seconds, we spend probably a couple minutes with a few of us getting in and reloading a couple times and declaring that the gun indeed wouldn't shoot, even with 500+ supply again.

So we dug it up about half way, SL gave the order to build it back up since the gun model and most of the hescos despawned. Only this time when we built it up the gun didn't spawn in at all and we just had the hescos and a couple low sandbags. It was really bizarre and we didn't have the supply to build a completely new HMG Bunker.

Yep.  I've been told this is due to "barrel heating", but even if you cycle a low rate, they eventually lock up.  "Barrel heating" needs to be followed up with "barrel changing" if that's really the way they want to go with this.  Until then, I agree 100% this cannot be perceived as anything but a bug.

Same thing happened with a Humvee - Once we emptied our ammo none of the repair/ammo stations at either Main or the FOB would let us rearm. People told my gunner to reload repeatedly which he did and nothing ever gave us more ammo. It was really stupid. Having everything just stop working after a few magazines is terrible :/

This is very annoying bug that happens way too often. I had to dig out 2 of our 4 HMG's from the FOB (they were used under 5 min each) just to build new HMG's at the same place using valuable points we shouldn't need to use.

It wouldn't feel so bad if we could get at least half of the points back when digging up objects.