Sign in to follow this  
SHO-SHIN

Looks like hyper threading is in!

So I normally play at 4.8Ghz no HT, on an i7 4790K.

But today I thought I would active HT and see whats what, and guess what..........all 8 cores/threads were being utilised between 30-45%!

Need to test further in terms of FPS delivered but this is great news all round.

I only use MSI Afterburner with the 4 cores and thread displayed etc, no idea if it's accurate etc.

But I can say, somethings different - still far from optimal and I need to test if my usual 4 core's at 4.8Ghz performs better overall.

okey I have noticed with HT on I am getting dips from my standard 71fps in 2K to around 60fps fairly frequently.

This is not going to be a thing in my life, so back to my usual 4.8Ghz HT off and see if that goes away.

Edited by Shoshin

Yes BIOS mate.

I run my i7 4790K at 4.8Ghz, 4 cores, HT off and no dips in 2K that I have noticed over several months. Of course im sure theres certain situations that will cause it to dip.

Edited by Shoshin

On 31/12/2016 at 6:25 PM, Shoshin said:

Yes BIOS mate.

I run my i7 4790K at 4.8Ghz, 4 cores, HT off and no dips in 2K that I have noticed over several months. Of course im sure theres certain situations that will cause it to dip.

Thanks, I get like 40-50fps with stock clocks on 4790k and 980ti FTW as per the thread below, i guess the only thing I can do is OC my CPU but I'm an OC noob, I've tried a few guides in the past but I've not found any that cover everything I need.

I run the same processor but the usage you show in this thread isn't indicative of the stability in performance because HT is meant for specific applications that support it. I'm reluctant to switch back to no HT but I'll do that because I noticed dips as well. 4790K is such a great chip, have it since two years now. non-HT 4790K