Zylfrax791

My Perspectives

54 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

yes you are entitled to say your opinions. But we are also entitled to say that most of your ideas doesn't fit the idea behind the game!

If you think people was paid to play the games like we play them now you are wrong. Those playtest guy probally ran around the game doing stupid repretitive moves, jumps and so on trying to force bugs. Pretty sure they wern't paid to play multiplayer all day.

edit: made post more friendly

Edited by Romby

Please folks, keep it nice and friendly.

Spoiler

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior

Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

§3 Swearing

While we will not strictly moderate every little swear that occurs, please try to avoid excessive bad language. The moderation reserves the right to remove rants and unsuitable content at any time.

9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

-snip-        

1. You were not told you could not voice your suggestions for Squad... of course you can. Don't try to flip the blame like we're telling you you can't. You're just getting negative feedback, my friend. Some of your suggestions simply don't align with the core gameplay mechanics of Squad, so I'm not sure why you're surprised by "everyone's patronizing comments".

2. Comparing an alpha game to a finished game, be the finished game one year old or ten, is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to explain why.

3. This is no place to rant about Steam and how good the "good ol' days" were.

4. I can't imagine how you're not aware of what it's store for Squad, but if you really aren't and want to know everything to know, you can find the answer to that in the list of confirmed features on Reddit.

5. Give me one game that accomplishes everything Squad does, and will.

Edited by Aniallator

22 hours ago, wingman9 said:

You won't find many friends in these parts talking all salty and such, partner.

Usually, the moment somebody says "custom load out" and related, the community tones you out. Those are arcade style game features. They will never happen, and that's what the community wants. Suggestions like "add this" or "improve that" are just plain white noise. This is a large enterprise. 

Interesting you can make such a broad generalization about what the "Community" wants or doesn't want. Also interesting that you didn't notice that this "large enterprise" (I guess you're talking about OWI) specifically put this section called "Feedback & Suggestions" in their forum and didn't call it white noise instead.

-As far as I'm concerned, every time someone has said "we won't need Bayonets" we've needed Bayonets I agree with that matey.

-FOB radio chatter is a unique input into the game

-Claymores are strictly set off by Clackers

-Weapon customization should be a thing however maintain the factions weapons

- Squad structure should have a Leader (a Corporal) and two Brick leaders (Two Lance Corporals for purposes of the game)

- yeah better vehicle physics would be nice however they go alright anyway

- I believe something like a Kill/Capture game mode would be kickass, would definitely force the Defenders to fight harder and the attackers to fight smarter

-get a better PC brother

-this game with some more minor touch ups will be the most realistic (combat wise)

23 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

1. "Despite everyone's patronizing comments because I'm a paying customer of an Alpha game I'm entitled to voice my opinion"

2. "I abide by the rules of the forum I'm entitled to say my piece."        

1. I did not say you couldn't. You have freedom of speech.

2. Yes you did, but another one is "Use the search function" you could of use the search function for MOST of your post.

7. Look up Squad Ops, Squad has partnered with them. And my good friend Karma is the founder, so stop in the discord some time or visit our website at http://squadops.gg/ (Just wanted you to know there is a group that does it :) )

Just next time use the search function.

59 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

1. I did not say you couldn't. You have freedom of speech.

2. Yes you did, but another one is "Use the search function" you could of use the search function for MOST of your post.

7. Look up Squad Ops, Squad has partnered with them. And my good friend Karma is the founder, so stop in the discord some time or visit our website at http://squadops.gg/ (Just wanted you to know there is a group that does it :) )

Just next time use the search function.

This is my unique perspective on the game, hence the title. Basically a review and critique of the game with suggestions that I feel the developers should consider implementing in the game to make it more playable and successful. You're free to do the same if you want as thats the stated purpose of this section. I didn't ask a specific question so there was no need to read others threads and post in them when I'm giving my personal perspective of the game. Other people are entitled to their own opinions. I will continue to add suggestions in my review thread here as I continue to play the game some more and you're free to read them or not.

9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This is my unique perspective on the game, hence the title. Basically a review and critique of the game with suggestions that I feel the developers should consider implementing in the game to make it more playable and successful. You're free to do the same if you want as thats the stated purpose of this section. I didn't ask a specific question so there was no need to read others threads and post in them when I'm giving my personal perspective of the game. Other people are entitled to their own opinions. I will continue to add suggestions in my review thread here as I continue to play the game some more and you're free to read them or not.

It is your opinion/perspective, yes. But it's not unique. The above listed threads are proof of that. Rather than bullet pointing these redundancies you could have used the search function and found threads that cover the topics you were just about to bullet point. That's all wetblue's point is. If you think what you suggested is somehow different from the other identical suggestions, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

11 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This is your wish list, not a unique perspective or out look. People already brought these points up. You can take to those respective threads nad continue the discussion there, not make new threads. Even in your post you stated " Here is a list of features and enhancements I'd like to see in Squad ". It is not feedback. Also "

I. Has your suggestion already been made?

The game is young yet, but there have already been many suggestions including at least 4 separate threads on A.I. Sicilians and character/weapon customization! Use the Search Function to check whether or not your suggestion has been covered in the Discussion or Suggestion Forums. Here's an easy link for you: http://forums.joinsquad.com/index.php?app=core&module=search

"

You are suggesting things that been brought up, this isnt feedback. Final line.

I have unlocked the thread to allow for feedback, but I will remind everyone to please follow the first two forum rules in threads like these:

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior

Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

My Perspective Update

The more I play this game in the real world with folks from all over the world the more it has become very apparent that the squad/command hierarchy should be restructured in the next update. First and foremost its my opinion that there needs to be some type of overall commander of all the squads. How and when it would be assigned would be the tough to implement but basing it on an individuals hours playing the game would be a logical choice. The problem I'm seeing is that basically squads form up and then all the squad leaders basically just do as they please. The Supreme Commander would have the ability to demote/promote and also delegate vehicles and in addition to also directing the placement of FOB's in particular areas.

Sometimes it can work if the squad leaders know each other and can work together but mostly this is a rarity and as most of you've seen it ends up being a free-for-all with squad leaders arguing and blaming each other. Another thing that is impinging on command dynamics is the language barrier. The servers I frequently play on often times have entire squads of Korean only speaking players. Whilst sometimes they play the game in a logical fashion as it relates to the objectives more often than not they are completely out of communication with other squads on their team and are typically useless.

And again I'd like to touch on my perspective regarding vehicles and their acquisition and distribution. So yeah, touching back to my previous point any Joe Blow with an hour in the game can start a squad, get two other noob players to join him/her, acquire a CROWS or BTR and get it destroyed in a matter of minutes not only depriving the team of tickets but wasting critical assets within the game. On the other hand, if the game allowed for it an experienced player could acquire and solo the same vehicle and implement a crushing and critical attack on the enemy.

Bottom line, squad/command structure and vehicle acquisition needs to be based on time in the game not whether you could fog a mirror or not.

14 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

First and foremost its my opinion that there needs to be some type of overall commander of all the squads.

Already planned.

14 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

And again I'd like to touch on my perspective regarding vehicles and their acquisition and distribution. So yeah, touching back to my previous point any Joe Blow with an hour in the game can start a squad, get two other noob players to join him/her, acquire a CROWS or BTR and get it destroyed in a matter of minutes not only depriving the team of tickets but wasting critical assets within the game. On the other hand, if the game allowed for it an experienced player could acquire and solo the same vehicle and implement a crushing and critical attack on the enemy.

You want "experienced players" (not sure how the game would define that) to be able to solo vehicles? Not. Happening.

4 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Already planned.

You want "experienced players" (not sure how the game would define that) to be able to solo vehicles? Not. Happening.

well at least in the long run, it currently is possible. in a BTR its not too easy, but a SOLO crow is extremely easy. Specially since they removed the reload (1 500 box)

Another thing I've noticed is the large oak tree has no collision to it so players can clip into the base of it and hide mostly inside.

Doing Admin on a 80 player server and you can't see the Unassigned Players at the bottom in the tab menu. Be a good idea to fix that ASAP.

Proning in the water has become a big problem. Make it so you can't fire underwater and when you go underwater in the game you've got a 1 minute timer before you die.

I've reached my final conclusions regarding Squad. After 602 hours playing your Squad game I've finally come to the realization that its a completely dated looking and broken game thats never going to be a fully functional finished game no matter how many patches or features you guys add. But hey you guys made most all your money up front so whats the actual rush to make an actual finished product, especially since you've actually never even stated what the finished product would actually be right?

So yeah, I've got no doubts it will be patched a few more times and more vehicles and features will be cobbled together and jumbled into the already glitched out mess that it is however the flawed fundamental mechanics of the game will remain the same. That said, this game will never have any mass appeal beyond your precious "community" no matter how many "free weekends" you have and eventually will fade into obscurity anyway.

41 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

dated looking and broken game

Graphics are pretty nice, honestly. Graphics aint everything, look at PR where the game came from. Also, what's broken?

especially since you've actually never even stated what the finished product would actually be right?

Go look at the description. Full game will be 50v50 with all types of vehicles and factions.

however the flawed fundamental mechanics of the game will remain the same

Again, what's flawed?

That said, this game will never have any mass appeal beyond your precious "community" no matter how many "free weekends" you have and eventually will fade into obscurity anyway.

All games fade eventually. This one however is growing, and yes, we have a good community. More than some games can say. 

All I have to say is good riddance if you're this pessimistic and ignorant. And if you like graphics over gameplay so much, go play something else. Later dude.

Edited by Nikko B

10 hours ago, Nikko B said:

Graphics are pretty nice, honestly. Graphics aint everything, look at PR where the game came from. Also, what's broken?

Yeah. Graphics are great. I would agree if this was 2002 and it was a Novalogic game. The graphics are very similar and pastel cartoonish just like early Novalogic games or even the first Ghost Recon game. Its a video game and this is 2017, so of course its everything. Also what's broken? Are you kidding me? Are we even playing the same game? OK lets start with the player characters clipping into basically almost every object in the map. Jeez, they had this figured out back with Unreal Tournament and Quake Team Arena. Not only that but getting stuck in every object you can think of like trees, garbage bags, walls, sandbags. Oh and if thats not enough then falling through the map when you're stuck. Moving onto the vehicles. Seriously? Are we even playing the same game? The vehicle physics in this game are a joke. I can think of literally hundreds events where vehicles I or others in the squad were driving either got stuck on small objects or simply flipped over and started burning after hitting a small log or bush. Also, tell me about any other games where part of the insider information of the game is that if you get a vehicle stuck folks laying prone under the wheels whilst jumping and crouching can unstick the vehicle sometimes with the vehicle flying hundreds of feet in the air across the map? Does Offworld Industries mention this gameplay feature in their FAQ page or did you just learn it from another player?

Go look at the description. Full game will be 50v50 with all types of vehicles and factions.

The "About" page gives a vague description of what the game will be under the " MASSIVE ONLINE 50 ON 50 SQUAD-BASED COMBINED ARMS WARFARE" heading with generalizations like " A wide variety of support vehicles and aircraft will be included." Please show me an actual page that gives and actual complete description of what the actual finished game consists of. You can't. Because there isn't one.

Again, what's flawed?

All games fade eventually. This one however is growing, and yes, we have a good community. More than some games can say. 

All I have to say is good riddance if you're this pessimistic and ignorant. And if you like graphics over gameplay so much, go play something else. Later dude.

Above I explained how the game is broken so now you want descriptions of how its flawed? Well you're in luck because there is plenty to talk about irrespective of the character and vehicle physics. First lets talk about the 8 minute loading time, I think its related to the Easy Anti-Cheat. Not a big deal, go make coffee or get a beer and eventually the game will load. Yeah, moving onto the game randomly crashing every couple of maps. Fatal OE errors. Or lets talk about restrictive squad hierarchy as it relates to weapon and vehicle acquisitions all of which are supposed to be "fixed" in the final game. Or lets talk about the lack of an actual commander which pretty much always results in random squads simply running around doing whatever they feel like building super fobs on completely irrelevant objectives or speaking a foreign language in their own discord channels and ignoring squad chat. Or how about the horrible hitbox physics? Or the lighting in the maps? And no the game is not growing. Statistics show otherwise. So good riddance to me. Explain how pointing out all the problems the game has in a forum section specifically for that topic and then being ridiculed by the brown nosers in the "community" is pessimistic and ignorant. Thats like blaming Julian Assange for Hillary Clinton losing her email password. The only growth was the "free weekend" and the Steam winter sale. Dont' believe me? Go here: https://steamdb.info/app/393380/graphs/

Your ignorance is painful to read xD But if that's your outlook, then goodbye. You won't be missed. I wouldn't bother posting on the forums further.

An spotter class would for both United States and Russia would be cool, considering only Militia and Insurgents (if not mistaken) has got access to the Scout role which has got binoculars. A sharpshooter operates with a spotter and a shooter.

Everything is a matter of perspective and point of view....So says OB1Konobe.  Change your point of view and your perspective will change.  For the better we hope or I hope.  The hope of the universe is dependent on being positive in the face of adversity. :-)