Zylfrax791

My Perspectives

51 posts in this topic

Here is a list of features and enhancements I'd like to see in Squad. I'll add more as I think of them.

1. Melee Weapon like a bayonet or fixed blade knife.

2. Get rid of the FOB audio.

3. Add anti personnel mines like Claymores etc.

4. Enable customized weapon loadouts with no restrictions within squad.

5. Completely revise the squad structure into sub classes with two man teams like Sniper/Spotter, MG Gunner/Ammo Bearer etc...

6. Drastically improve vehicle physics

7. Add more teamwork based missions like in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

8. Tone down the requirements for claiming vehicles to one person in proximity approved by squad leader.

9. Add more controls over the hue, saturation, brightness and contrast of the game instead of a single "Gamma" control.

10. Get rid of the excessive amount of trees and foliage in several of the maps to bump up the frame rate.

Thanks for reading.

I disagree with points 1 to 6 and 8 to 10.  Your score 1/10

1. Shovel should be melee
  2. No
  3. No
  4. No
  5. No need
  6. Alpha, WIP, changes in every patch.
  7. OK maybe, but not at the cost of core gametypes
  8. No
  9. Definately NO
  10. AHSHHAHAHAHH! Go play PR. Sit and wait or die.

play more Squad. 

Come back later :)

Edited by suds

1. Why implement those when we have spades.

2. Why?!

3. AP weapons like IEDs for unconventional factions, yes (already planned). Claymores, etc for conventional factions, no.

4. That would defeat a core gameplay aspect of Squad. No.

5. That would also defeat a core gameplay aspect of Squad. You're on a roll ;)

6. This is obviously intended.

7. Can't say I've played that.

8. Absolutely not.

9. ...

10. Forests are comparably sparse as is.

This is the wrong game for those kinds of suggestions LOL.

Most points in OP seems like a list on how to turn Squad into just any other FPS game.

4 minutes ago, Japub said:

Most points in OP seems like a list on how to turn Squad into just any other FPS game.

Pretty much.

On 12/9/2016 at 9:29 AM, Japub said:

That's because Squad is pretty much like every other FPS game with the exception of larger maps and the inclusion of excessive restrictions which punish mature players at the cost of attempting to control immature ones. To think that this game is somehow revolutionary and has features that nobody has ever seen before is simply ridiculous. With the exception of a few features this game like the unfinished squad hierarchy Squad is actually quite similar to the Novalogic Delta Force series.

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Squad is actually quite similar to the Novalogic Delta Force series.

Give me my G11 and I'll agree.

Sooo you want to play Quake Wars??

@Rybec  lol you're that no recoil turd.  i prefer the invisible airborne mk19.

Edited by chaz69

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

That's because Squad is pretty much like every other FPS game with the exception of larger maps and the inclusion of excessive restrictions which punish mature players at the cost of attempting to control immature ones. To think that this game is somehow revolutionary and has features that nobody has ever seen before is simply ridiculous. With the exception of a few features this game like the unfinished squad hierarchy Squad is actually quite similar to the Novalogic Delta Force series.

Well, I simply disagree.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

And your suggestions would "help mature players attempt to control immature ones"? By adding knives, ditching the FOB radio squelch, adding Claymores, scrapping the squad system, etc?

?!?!

I dont think this guy uses the search function. Do some searches dude, you'll find that most of the stuff you posted, is in the forums already. Plus all these topics already been brought up plenty of times. 

On 12/8/2016 at 11:57 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

*snip*

Your list reads like you want to play a completely different game.  

3 hours ago, chaz69 said:

Sooo you want to play Quake Wars??

@Rybec  lol you're that no recoil turd.  i prefer the invisible airborne mk19.

I did two things in that game, use the G11 because it was the goddamn G11 or run around with an FNMAG holding down left mouse.

3 hours ago, wetblue13 said:

I dont think this guy uses the search function. Do some searches dude, you'll find that most of the stuff you posted, is in the forums already. Plus all these topics already been brought up plenty of times. 

Does referring to me in the third person in my own post somehow elevate your feeling of superiority over me plus validate your own point of view? Just wondering...

On 12/11/2016 at 5:10 PM, Aniallator said:

And your suggestions would "help mature players attempt to control immature ones"? By adding knives, ditching the FOB radio squelch, adding Claymores, scrapping the squad system, etc?

?!?!

The stated goal of the game is to simulate reality. Logically, you should be able to have a backup melee weapon like a knife or bayonet. Let me ask you whats the thing strapped to the vest of the black guy in this official picture from the Squad website? Is it like Woody from Toy Story with an empty holster?

squad_usarmy.png

40 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

The stated goal of the game is to simulate reality. Logically, you should be able to have a backup melee weapon like a knife or bayonet. Let me ask you whats the thing strapped to the vest of the black guy in this official picture from the Squad website? Is it like Woody from Toy Story with an empty holster?

You won't find many friends in these parts talking all salty and such, partner.

Usually, the moment somebody says "custom load out" and related, the community tones you out. Those are arcade style game features. They will never happen, and that's what the community wants. Suggestions like "add this" or "improve that" are just plain white noise. This is a large enterprise. 

4 minutes ago, wingman9 said:

You won't find many friends in these parts talking all salty and such, partner.

Usually, the moment somebody says "custom load out" and related, the community tones you out. Those are arcade style game features. They will never happen, and that's what the community wants. Suggestions like "add this" or "improve that" are just plain white noise. This is a large enterprise. 

Interesting. Here is another official picture from the Squad website and whats that strapped to his vest?

m72-1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

Those are the old US Army Player models. 

OK. Then logically there was originally going to be knives then?

20 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

OK. Then logically there was originally going to be knives then?

The devs bought the old models, they didn't make them themselves. In any case, just because you see something on a character model doesn't mean it is or will be an in-game feature. Like, seriously.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Interesting. Here is another official picture from the Squad website and whats that strapped to his vest?

That's his MRE bag opener.

Talking from maybe 8 years of playing PR the times I've used the bayonet in that game was maybe.... Five?

7 minutes ago, Rybec said:

That's his MRE bag opener.

Talking from maybe 8 years of playing PR the times I've used the bayonet in that game was maybe.... Five?

Talking from years of military service experience, I can confirm knives, multitools, and teeth are for opening MREs. 

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

squad_usarmy.png

Also please don't talk about reality of combat unless you've actually been in combat. I can count the number of times I needed a knife to kill some bad guys....0....

On 12/8/2016 at 11:57 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Here is a list of features and enhancements I'd like to see in Squad. I'll add more as I think of them.

1. Melee Weapon like a bayonet or fixed blade knife.

2. Get rid of the FOB audio.

3. Add anti personnel mines like Claymores etc.

4. Enable customized weapon loadouts with no restrictions within squad.

5. Completely revise the squad structure into sub classes with two man teams like Sniper/Spotter, MG Gunner/Ammo Bearer etc...

6. Drastically improve vehicle physics

7. Add more teamwork based missions like in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

8. Tone down the requirements for claiming vehicles to one person in proximity approved by squad leader.

9. Add more controls over the hue, saturation, brightness and contrast of the game instead of a single "Gamma" control.

10. Get rid of the excessive amount of trees and foliage in several of the maps to bump up the frame rate.

Thanks for reading.

On 12/11/2016 at 10:50 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Does referring to me in the third person in my own post somehow elevate your feeling of superiority over me plus validate your own point of view? Just wondering...

No it doesn't. I am just pointing out that, these points you brought up, are already in different threads. You didnt have to make a new thread with multiple features that have been discussed before. 

Despite everyone's patronizing comments because I'm a paying customer of an Alpha game I'm entitled to voice my opinion about Squad and the specific features I'd like to see added. All of you can bloviate all you want and show your superiority over me with your high post counts, fancy icons and snarky comments but it still doesn't negate the fact that I am free to add my input about an Alpha game that I paid for.

Bottom line, the only thing this game really does different than most FPS war games is the large scale of the maps which allows for more freedom of movement. The Delta Force series did this with similar graphics 10 years ago and had additional features and functionality this game doesn't even have. Other than that the game itself is technologically below par with other similar games from around 10 years ago on pretty much every single level. Even the original Ghost Recon visually looked and functioned better than this game.

You see, the irony here is that in the past game development followed a completely different model. It used  to be that a game was actually a finished product in a box sitting on a store shelf. That meant that the developer had to have working capital and would hire all the appropriate personnel to actually create a tangible product that was technically a complete disc and was ready to play as is. After the release date there would be an occasional patch to fix bugs but the product was done and everyone at the company would do high fives, hoping the game sold in the stores come Christmas and they all got a bonus paycheck.

That said, Steam has changed all that. We now live in age where we are all essentially paying Beta Testers or otherwise known as kickstarter/gofundme chumps. The whole paradigm has been turned around on itself if you think about and its now a pay-as-you-go model. Developers used to pay an entire staff of people to sit around and play their games for a year and report bugs but now we pay them to find all the bugs and non-functionality of the game. Not only that, if I understand it correctly when you buy a server you're even a higher level of chump as there is a backdoor to further debug.

In addition, think about it for a second. In this "work-in-progress" model has it ever been actually stated what constitutes an actual "finished" Squad game? I mean seriously? What is the finished game? Over the time since I got the game there have been several updates and I see recaps and future things like new player bob and vaulting animations that games a decade ago had and additional weapons & vehicles but where is the actual summary of exactly what the finished game is going to be? Or does the development just sort of peter off over time as servers empty out of players get tired of vehicles getting perpetually getting stuck around the landscape etc. and move onto the next great thing?

So yeah, as long as I paid my admission price and I abide by the rules of the forum I'm entitled to say my piece.