Hi Guys

OK, I have a new rig, 6700k CPU, 32 mb ram, 1080 Gigabyte G1 video card. SSD M.2 PCi

I have notice running Squad on epic settings the game runs perfect only that the video card starts to heat up to around 80 degrees and fans at 100 percent, obviously the card is giving everything to the game and continues to do so resolution is 2560 x 1440 and fps is through the roof, so I have set in Nvidia control panel Adaptive V sync and card stabilises at 59 degrees so this is cool. My question is, is this the best option is Adaptive V sync better than standard v sync or are there other options?

Cheers for any help, iff not it may help someone else what I have done.

Are you sure your fans are going at 100%? Something might be wrong with your graphics card or you have terrible airflow in your case. I also have a 1080 but from Asus and at max load it never goes above 70 degrees with the fans barely going up to 50%.

Adaptive V-Sync is better then normal V-sync. If you drop below 60fps with adaptive it will turn V-sync off, if you drop below 60 with normal V-sync it drops the framerate to 30fps.

6 minutes ago, Bad Ash said:

Are you sure your fans are going at 100%? Something might be wrong with your graphics card or you have terrible airflow in your case. I also have a 1080 but from Asus and at max load it never goes above 70 degrees with the fans barely going up to 50%.

Adaptive V-Sync is better then normal V-sync. If you drop below 60fps with adaptive it will turn V-sync off, if you drop below 60 with normal V-sync it drops the framerate to 30fps.

Very similar temps to mine, fans are ~40% for me (GALAX HOF 1080). I use G-Sync.

Something sounds off with OPs setup.

MSI Afterburner mate - cap FPS to whatever u want, no additional input lag, overclock your GPU a little, monitor everything in a display in top left corner of screen.

I love MSI Afterburner!

A/V synch 'tis the devils work!

I don't think you should be telling him to overclock when his GPU is already overheating...

Also capping the frame rate in external programs like afterburner, inspector actually adds abit of input lag. Much better to do it in the game.

Edited by Bad Ash

35 minutes ago, Bad Ash said:

Also capping the frame rate in external programs like afterburner, inspector actually adds abit of input lag. Much better to do it in the game.

ah I didn't notice this so I shall check, input lag can't be a thing in my life.

Thanks for the reply guys, the fans spin at 100% as I have set the fan curve to run at 100% from 75 degrees and over, just 75 degrees is too hot when I can limit framerate and keep it cooler

1 hour ago, Bad Ash said:

Are you using v sync or limiting framerate?

Just now, Bad Ash said:

I am not limiting my frame rate at all, but between 0-165fps G-sync is on.

G sync will still limit it though surely, I read somewhere that g sync falls back to v sync when the refresh rate goes beyond that of the monitor. But it is the very best of all of them.

1 minute ago, Bad Ash said:

No G-Sync does whatever you tell it to do when you pass your monitors refresh. 

cool, may have to get me a gsync monitor at some stage ;)

Thanks for the info.

Yeah G-sync really is amazing. Removes stutter and tearing without adding any extra input lag.

2 hours ago, Bad Ash said:

Yeah its not an easy thing to notice. I found out about it in this video.

cheers ill check this out later!