Sign in to follow this  
twoxs

Militia is too underpowered

The militia is the most underpowered faction in the game. I really like to play this faction, infact i play it almost every time it is possible to do so. But when the alpha v8 has come, and i saw that they made a new texture for terrain in my fav map "OP First light" i was like WTF? Not just it looks horrendous (it resembles my first tries to make a game in Unity3d when i had no clue about terrain texturing whatsoever) but it clearly favores american team, as it is nearly desert looking (really? pine trees growing on desert??). Plus the grass doesnt fit the setting at all. It was good as it was in v7.

Not to mention that Militia didnt get the new G3 rifle. Yes, i know the reason why the middle eastern insurgents have lots of them, but that doesnt mean european or other militias do not have it. My next argument is armored vehicles. American team is more than capable of crushing the militiants into ground when they just drive straight to storage site with both of their HUMVEE's. Militias with the pickups dont stand a chance.

The solution to following problems is simple:

- Revert to realistic textures on maps such as First light

- Add a rifle chambered for RIFLE cartridge for the militias that is commonly available. Like 2 slots in squad that can have a SVT for example (SVT is pretty common in eastern europe, where i predict the militias are fighting)

- Add an BTR-60 for Militia or have them spawn more pickups.

It is the most underpowered as ins have the exact same vehicles. But it will be ok once more ways to deal distruction get added in, more vehicles, emplamencnts. 

Wait for mortars and other indirect fire systems to take place, wait for ieds or improvised explosives to get put in.

Militia should be under-powered from a standard 1 vs 1 standpoint but they will hopefully have tools that real life irregular forces use to bridge the gap.

4 hours ago, twoxs said:

The militia is the most underpowered faction in the game. I really like to play this faction, infact i play it almost every time it is possible to do so. But when the alpha v8 has come, and i saw that they made a new texture for terrain in my fav map "OP First light" i was like WTF? Not just it looks horrendous (it resembles my first tries to make a game in Unity3d when i had no clue about terrain texturing whatsoever) but it clearly favores american team, as it is nearly desert looking (really? pine trees growing on desert??). Plus the grass doesnt fit the setting at all. It was good as it was in v7.

Not to mention that Militia didnt get the new G3 rifle. Yes, i know the reason why the middle eastern insurgents have lots of them, but that doesnt mean european or other militias do not have it. My next argument is armored vehicles. American team is more than capable of crushing the militiants into ground when they just drive straight to storage site with both of their HUMVEE's. Militias with the pickups dont stand a chance.

The solution to following problems is simple:

- Revert to realistic textures on maps such as First light

- Add a rifle chambered for RIFLE cartridge for the militias that is commonly available. Like 2 slots in squad that can have a SVT for example (SVT is pretty common in eastern europe, where i predict the militias are fighting)

- Add an BTR-60 for Militia or have them spawn more pickups.

OP First Light isn't the worst. Fool's Road is. NOTHING can stop the Russian's BTR ROFLstomp. In fact, I think First Light is OK, the battle at the main chokepoint, storage site are almost exclusively infantry and whoever wins that objective usually wins the game. Winning that objective is determined by organization and even spread of units.

Unconventional factions need more unconventional means to do their job, currently their game mechanics are exactly the same as conventional forces except badly equipped. Multiple spawn points around the map, ammo caches (able to be hunted and destroyed by BLUFOR for tickets) to sustain themselves, booby traps (added in later), the list goes on.

Militia AT has 4 rockets in total: 2 HEAT, 2 frag. Russia has only 1 frag, and US only 2 HEAT. Always something. ;)

I disagree regarding armored vehicles, however, being black rather than green makes militia a bit too easy to spot. 

Edited by Japub

I do agree their black/dark uniforms are way too easy to spot compared to russian green..

So many debate around militia camo. Before two version milita was like "predators" in forest. Absolutely invisible. now they are dark ... people still complain. Ok everybody know that militia is darker now. Let it go. It will be fine in future again. Take it like balancing on slackline. One side other side .... until devs find a great position. This game will have thousands of updates in next year again. So ... for now. Play with it :) and enjoy. 

I dont know why, but almost every time i start a round on First Light, the american team is first to take the storage site. Mainly because for some reason american team always drives there with their HUMVEE's even before they take the Nilrem village, which will be taken by leftover troops. As fast as they take it, american team instatly is attacking storage site, while half of the militia team is jogging towards the castle objective, while those who are in vehicles get owned by M249 gunfire as fast as they approach storage.Overall this game is overly biased at this time. The ideas that Cantinabox came up with are very cool and id like to see them introduced aswell.

4 hours ago, twoxs said:

I dont know why, but almost every time i start a round on First Light, the american team is first to take the storage site. Mainly because for some reason american team always drives there with their HUMVEE's even before they take the Nilrem village, which will be taken by leftover troops. As fast as they take it, american team instatly is attacking storage site, while half of the militia team is jogging towards the castle objective, while those who are in vehicles get owned by M249 gunfire as fast as they approach storage.Overall this game is overly biased at this time. The ideas that Cantinabox came up with are very cool and id like to see them introduced aswell.

Every time I join late onto a fools road game I am autobalanced onto Militia and are on their last flag getting decimated. At least 5 times in a row.

16 hours ago, elerik said:

So many debate around militia camo. Before two version milita was like "predators" in forest. Absolutely invisible. now they are dark ... people still complain. Ok everybody know that militia is darker now. Let it go. It will be fine in future again. Take it like balancing on slackline. One side other side .... until devs find a great position. This game will have thousands of updates in next year again. So ... for now. Play with it :) and enjoy. 

BTW they should be like 'predators' in forest. Thats what irregural warfare means. Militiants dont have military bases. They hide in forests, they strike without any warning. enemy needs to be careful all the times. Thats why camouflage and stealth is the most priotity for them. They dont stand a chance in symmetrical warfare, thats why they need to suprise the enemy, otherwise they will die in literally lead thunderstorm.

22 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

NOTHING can stop the Russian's BTR ROFLstomp.

No joke, I had a round as militia where the Russians highcentered both of their BTRs and abandoned them, my team was smart enough to leave them there.

Relevant to the thread, I'd like if they had a more PR approach to the militia where they are a mix between insurgents and a regular army.

Honestly I'd be fine iwth the Militia being hard to spot. Black and white sport jackets? For real?

Anyway, it's cool they get more rockets but give them a raider if they don't have it already and a few optics to bridge the gap between "unruly insurgents / mostly civilian upstarts" and "Somewhat organized and professional, if unconventional army."

lol Black would definitely be better than blue, especially on night maps. Blue on green and brown and whatnot it would contrast even worse wouldn't it?

4 minutes ago, Arduras said:

lol Black would definitely be better than blue, especially on night maps. Blue on green and brown and whatnot it would contrast even worse wouldn't it?

it was more for a statement of earlier times in this games life.. everything is allways subject to change untill the final patch notes on full release even then it can allway's change with a good developer.

Wait till the SPG comes out, then it will be Militia to op lol

I'm hoping to see the Milita get a .50 Cal version of the MTLB when it makes its way into the game, giving them a more conventional fighting vehicle.

At the moment it's hard to make the Militia dramatically different from any other faction given the current content level. If they got BTRs they would just be Russians with some US weapons. If they got more M4s or M249s they would be US with some Russian weapons.

However, the uniforms could be reexamined at some point. I would like to see them get some older US fatigues mixed with the Russian ones they have now. And although I don't hate the tracksuit tops I do think they should be limited to classes that aren't reliant on hiding themselves, like the LAT or Scout class, maybe just crewman classes if they are eventually introduced.

I'm pretty sure Milita can get to storage on OP First Light before US team. Cars are faster and if you drive off-road the route is far easier than the road through Nilrem which the HMMWV have to take.

Those first Milita vehicles cant fight the HMMWV but the squads can shoot a lot of Rockets if they plan for it. This combined with a few rounds from the cautious technical will make fast work of any US rushers. 

I enjoy Militia on maps with cover, at range they are weak but if you remember this and play accordingly you have some kickass stopping power. There is nothing more satisfying than a lone wolf squad wipe and it is far easier to achieve with an AKM than an M4 :)

Militia can fight conventionally you just have to be smart about it. Idk why everyone complains about the factions being unbalanced because as long as you have a decent team you can always win. Mad about BTR's without SPG's? Use your AT kits more effectively. I went an entire round just a little bit ago without dying in a BTR. Only got shot at maybe 3 times by an RPG. 

Because right now US is the most strong, at least on most open maps. CROWS are broken right now, they've ignored HEAT a few times and a BTR emptying a box into one couldn't kill it (meanwhile the CROW took out the BTR in maybe 2 seconds) it's pretty brutal right now lol.