Baxter525

new pc spec . need advice

so i ordered a new pc this is the basic spec .

6 core

gtx 580 graphics card

8gb ram

will this be ok to run squad?

thanks for any repsonse

Your list is missing many details. We know that your processor has six cores, but what is the model? Is it in intel or AMD processor? the GTX 580 is a very dated video card. I don't think that will run Squad very well.

Its in intel i6 thats all the guy said whosbuilding it i sent him that spec requirement when requesting the build .i dont have a big budget at this time

On 12/4/2016 at 2:49 PM, Baxter525 said:

Its in intel i6 thats all the guy said whosbuilding it i sent him that spec requirement when requesting the build .i dont have a big budget at this time

Who's building it? You should really ask for the parts and research them before giving the green light... I have an i5-6500, and it works just fine with Squad. So generally anything better should work just as well. As for the GPU, it is pretty dated. But with all low settings, maybe you could do well...? Dunno on that one.

Edited by Nikko B

@Nikko Bits a guy in my town just that custom builds pcs so i sent him the spec requirements for the game and he said he has one built already with those specs il try find out more today and post see what you guya think. no money has passed hands yet so its still all good.thanks for feedback hope to be gaming with you all soon

9 hours ago, Baxter525 said:

There is no such thing as an Intel i6.... You should get a lot more details before you pay anything. 

Post the specifications here before you pay, and we can let you know what is fine and what needs to be changed. 

9 minutes ago, Baxter525 said:

No, it's using an older AMD processor, which will struggle to maintain good FPS with squad (at this current point in time, and probably in the future). Look for a PC that has a CPU that is from Intel, and has a model number of i5 or i7 with a number higher than 2500, or a "speed" faster than 3.4ghz. 

For example:

i5 4460

i5 4790

i5 6400

i5 3570

That's a good start imo, but I have a feeling it'll be out of your budget

https://www.gumtree.com/p/desktop-workstation-pcs/i7-4790k-gaming-pc-gtx-ssd-hd-16gb-ram/1202948163

But honestly if you'll be paying 700 pounds, you might be better off building it yourself. 

Edited by Psyrus

pretty well what psyrus said.. i had a quick look and this was near your current price tag. https://www.gumtree.com/p/desktop-workstation-pcs/custom-gaming-computer-i5-6400t-oc-ready-nvidia-gtx-960-or-770-8gb-640gb-wd-green-hd/1202780449

but i would also suggest asking around even on here for a build and doing it yourself it will be a fun experience alot cheaper and the knowledge you will gain will come in handy once you get the upgrade bug :P 

@Bigsmokeee @Psyrus

ok so i took comments on board and done a bit for searching

intel i5 3.2 ghz

8gb ram

amd r9 280x

Windows 7

320gb harddrive

would this be better ? I know the processor could be newer but its at the top of my budget

Edited by Baxter525

@Psyrusquad core intel i5 3.2ghz thats all i know.

il get in touch with him here now and find out

thanks for your help by the way

Edited by Baxter525
Additional comment

55 minutes ago, Baxter525 said:

socket 1156... does rhat make sense?

Yes, and it's really old. It is the same chipset that I am using, and my PC is 8 years old. Do not recommend that. You want 1155 at minimum

43 minutes ago, Baxter525 said:

Amd athlon x4 880k wuad core

AMD x4 = instantly ignore that PC for squad

Lol this is proving to be harder than i thought, why is the AMD computer not good? The guy said it will work fine for the aquas spec requirnents i sent him.

thanks again

@Psyrus

Edited by Baxter525

9 minutes ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Because Unreal Engine is not optimized for AMD, which means you will suffer hard.

That is a misrepresentation in my opinion. There are (were?) some problems with the way UE4 implemented some aspects of the engine relating to sound, but the primary issue with squad and AMD cpus is simply that squad is very single-thread CPU reliant. That's not where AMD has focused for the last decade. It's not that an engine has to be "optimized for AMD", to my knowledge. This is evidenced by the recent optimization pass that yielded great performance gains for AMD users (edit: relative to their 15-20fps previously). I have an old i7 920 @ 3.6ghz and it doesn't do well either, because it also holds a relatively low IPC count. 

The following:

Because Unreal Engine is not optimized for AMD, which means you will suffer hard.

Should Read:

Because Squad is very (single core) CPU intensive, and AMD CPUs, especially the older X4 range, don't do that well. Which means you'll suffer hard. 

:)

But the conclusion is the same, if you're buying a PC for squad, don't buy an AMD, especially if it's an older one. 

---------------

Honestly... the difference between a second hand 300 pound computer and a 450 pound computer is pretty big... can't you save up for a couple more months?

Edited by Psyrus

30 minutes ago, Baxter525 said:

@Psyrus socket 1156... does rhat make sense?

S1156 is outdated, when you buy now you want actuall Hardware right ?

56 minutes ago, Baxter525 said:

Amd athlon x4 880k wuad core

8gb ram

120 gb hd

Asus gtx 750ti oc 2gb

or this? @Psyrus

AMD is out of the race because SQUAD runs totaly crap on them , so when you read AMD CPU model XYZ -> say no thanks Also this GPu is quite weak , HD is pretty  small

Intels actual mainstream Platform atm is S1151 with h110->B150->Q150->H170 and z170 (Full OC potential but with your knowlegde about hardware not needed ) Chipsets.( these support DDR3 or DDR4 memory --> insist on one with DDR4 , not becasue its notably faster but not that deadend like DDr3 when upgrading to more RAM gets interresting in future )

CPU wise Intel has differend classes ( i skip very low end e.g.. cause they are not suited for gaming )

Core I3 -> generally 2 physical cores with HT enabeled --> "actes like a native quadcore" but is slower

Core I5 --> generaly 4 physical cores without HT --> Native quadcore usually faster at same clockspeed then I3 ( Squad is a execption here ! benifit is not that big )

Core I7 --> generaly 4 physical corese with HT enabeled --> actes as a octacorecore but slower as a native octacore (has benefits in Multicoreheavy games like Battlefield series , Ashes,Dvision e.g. NO benefit in Squad so far )

Squad as of now likes HIGH IPC ( given with actuall I3,I5,I7) multiplied with high clock. Benefits not from more then 4 threads ( given with actual I3,I5,I7 )

Summary : Buy  a I3 6100 / 6300 --> I5 6500/6600 -->  I7 6700 (orderd increasing price and multicore performance that isnt that important for squad but in other areas like other games , video encoding e.g. ) , save the money for K or T models cause you wont Overclock nore look at the last 5 Watt energysaving when Gaming .

GPU Wise :

Here it depends a bit on your Monitor and choosen Resolution ( do you own or plan to buy a Monitor with Freesync(AMD)/Gsync(NVIDIA) ? if so buy the apropiate GPU  if there is one avaible .)

Actuall chips (sorted by increasing price and power ) (i skip GPUs last generation --> not significant cheaper then GTX1060 6GB new but use more power run hotter have less VRAM ..   and lower TIER Models )

NVIDIA --> Pascal : GTX1060 6GB->GTX1070 8GB-> GTX 1080 8GB ->TITANXP 12 GB

AMD --> Polaris: RX480 8G -> AMD currently offers no  Graphicscard comparable with the powerlevel of GTX 1070/1080/TITAN XP ) Older Fury cards "can" reach GTX1070 in certaingames but only offer 4GB of VRAM + are powerhungry and run hoter  (Exception R9 NANO )

For suad roughtly a GTX1060 6GB and a RX 480 8 GB is enough for 1080p full Details, a GTX 1070 will be okay for 1440P full high detail, GTX 1080 1440p full detail 4k some detail reduced  , TITAN XP 4k ) i own a GTX1060 and a GTX1080 my selve , performance numbers for 1070,480 and TITAN XP are estimations.

A Hint : it would help to know your buget on this New System and  old parts(please exact model) you own and  plan on using with the new rig  ( Monitor ? DDr3 Ram ? HDD/SDD ? Case? PSU ? ) this way we could give yo a sample configuration you can order at a PC Seller.

Cheers guys for all the feed back yea it looks like thats goingto be the outcome learned alot past couple of days and im going to have to raise the budget. Golf clubs going to have to be sold lol. 

@Psyrus@moppel

just a bit of an update incase you guys are interested. So i uped the budget a little but ive left room for improvnent. 

I got a pc with a GA motherboard 1155 socket it can handle a few of the newer i7 CPUs. It comes with an i5 3570k 3.4ghz

the graphics card is in the middle of the spec requirments gtx 560 ti. Even if ive to start with low settings in the nee year i can grab a better card. Seen a 770ti for a good price new so even aomething like that.

16gb ram

1 tb hardrive

Artic freezer pro 7 cooler

i know it could be better but ive done some research and it can be improved with time and money. Cheers again lads for all you feedback learnt alot

37 minutes ago, Baxter525 said:

@Psyrus@moppel

just a bit of an update incase you guys are interested. So i uped the budget a little but ive left room for improvnent. 

I got a pc with a GA motherboard 1155 socket it can handle a few of the newer i7 CPUs. It comes with an i5 3570k 3.4ghz

the graphics card is in the middle of the spec requirments gtx 560 ti. Even if ive to start with low settings in the nee year i can grab a better card. Seen a 770ti for a good price new so even aomething like that.

16gb ram

1 tb hardrive

Artic freezer pro 7 cooler

i know it could be better but ive done some research and it can be improved with time and money. Cheers again lads for all you feedback learnt alot

That setup seems pretty good, with the 3570k and the motherboard you will most likely be able to overclock a bit in the future if your graphics card gets upgraded and you are CPU bound. Basically graphics card will be just a bit above mine in power, which means you'll probably only see >30fps on all low settings for now, but yeah save up a bit and upgrade the GPU and you should be good to go! Another suggestion is when you have some extra cash, is grabbing yourself a nice SSD for your PC to make windows fly!

Something like these won't break the bank:

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Storage/SSDs/100GB+-+180GB+SSD/120GB+Samsung+750+EVO+Series+Solid+State+Drive+-+MZ-750120BW+?productId=65928

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Storage/SSDs/190GB+-+290GB+SSD/SK+Hynix+SL308+250GB+SSD+(HFS250G32TND-N1A0A)+?productId=66558

Overall though, definitely WAY better than the stuff you were looking at before :) 

@Psyrus 

have to get your gamer info of you we do some shootin up lol

how does your game play with your graphics card? 

I also havethe best boradband available in my area and im using a pretty good ethernet cable so i should have no issues woth broadband speed ahould that help with fps/ gameplay?

No, internet has no impact on your fps. I'm guessing you're buying a used PC - are you sure you want to invest anything at all into this. You should be paying <250$ for it and it won't last you long. I think it'd be a much better idea to save a lot more and actually buy something proper.

How old is the PC, those components are several generations behind, is the GPU 1GB or 2GB? Neither of those are enough for most games these days even at 1080p. You'll probably regret the purchase within months and upgrading a PC that is already years old is just a further waste of money.