Baxter525

new pc spec . need advice

Since I'm in Japan, the ping makes it pretty hard to accomplish decent gameplay on euro servers

Since v8, as long as you use the performance tweaks detailed on the forums, you'll be able to play with decent fps for the vast majority of the time.

Your Internet has no relation to your fps, so don't fret it

What is your actual budget roughly? If i know that i might be able to get the most out of it for you, and send you the best possible PC specs for as cheap as possible.

Somebody just post this guy a pre-built on new egg for his price range. He can thank us later.

On 12/4/2016 at 2:23 PM, Baxter525 said:

so i ordered a new pc this is the basic spec .

6 core

gtx 580 graphics card

8gb ram

will this be ok to run squad?

thanks for any repsonse

dude, you should have atleast ask the dude, yeah maybe its AMD but bro, isuggest to run in on intel processor, because squad is not so good on AMD.

there is no i6, make sure that the dude doesn't trick you or you may endup with a degraded pc

dude,

Dude, read the thread... Every single thing you said was mentioned at least once already, if not more, plus the op has already decided on a computer

3 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Dude, read the thread... Every single thing you said was mentioned at least once already, if not more, plus the op has already decided on a computer

yeah thanks for informing!

I figured an i6 was referring to an i5-6xxx, but I guess not. I wonder how much RAM Squad eats up? I should go test that...

Edited by Nikko B
Grammar

@invisible.nin/SINEyea lock her down . I got my pc yesterday the i5 3570k played about with some setiings, as long as shadows and 1 or 2 other things are kept medium thr game is running between 35 to 50 fps so for now il good to go played for like 3 hours last night. Was awesome! @Psyrus

2 minutes ago, Baxter525 said:

I got my pc yesterday the i5 3570k played about with some setiings, as long as shadows and 1 or 2 other things are kept medium thr game is running between 35 to 50 fps so for now il good to go played for like 3 hours last night. Was awesome!

Woah that's great to hear! It performs so well compared to mine! I am so looking forward to my post-christmas upgrade :D I've been using the same PC (bar a free graphics card I received last year from a friend) for the last 8 years. -_- Does your above text mean most things are on high but only a few have to be on medium to achieve those frames?

Edited by Psyrus

n@Psyrus yea il get a screen shot later of the way i have itseems with some maps it needs slightly adjusted ... but mostly its shadows on medium effects on high foliage high and cant remeber the other one but its on medium.. then antiailsing off and sampling off the graphics arnt 4k by any meand but there still at a very good standard for playing thr game ive no issues with lag or slow mouse targets are clear in the distance so cant complain

Very glad to hear it all worked out :) It would have been such a tragedy had you bought one of those first AMD systems that you were first looking at (without checking with us first) and then been stuck with sub-30 fps on all low settings. 

Yea it woulda sucked! Lol gota pick a headset up today on way home and il be all set , was still able to play last nightand take orders from squad lead but couldnt report in enemies or request rally points or medic . But yea straight home from work today and play the shit out of it lol. Thanks for your help again! @Psyrus

Edited by Baxter525