shankly1985

Squad not support 7.1 Audio?

ls13coco   

+1 for hrft

I've had true 7.1 headsets, virtual surround, and now I have 4 audiophile headphones with beastly amps/dacs. Never buying a headset again.

Skul   
23 hours ago, shankly1985 said:

Are you basing this comparison solely on Positional Audio or Sound Quality also?

Because if you say sound Quality AM DONE! 

The only thing I'm saying is 5.1 is better than stereo in terms of determining distance, angle and what actually happened and where(steps, differences between BTR/Crow/Techy engines, differences between AKs of Militia and Insurgents, for example).

That's the only thing you can even argue about when you're talking about stereo vs 5.1, because frequency response, Impedance, driver sizes, housing, driver technology, etc., they're just parameters of some specific headset and have nothing to do with 5.1 or stereo.

RaulO4   

the thing with what you are saying is that very question i have been asking you.if i can follow someone with my eye close only by using sound what will a proper configure 5.1 can do for me? the very best it can do is simple match that for me minus not having above/below audio direction. So personally i dont see how it can be better if the best it can do is match while being more difficult to achieve the result you wish. i just rather take pinpoint accurate sound in a full 360 degree plus of the Z axes on top of that personally.

anyways all of this is kinda mute point because i believe we all started this because we wanted the Devs to have 7.1/HRFT right? UT4 just confirm the next update or two will bring Native support for 5.1/7.1/HRTF Audio.  so all we have to do is pray the Devs decide its worth to make one last jump. which on that front i wonder what are their thoughts on Audio. do they think its worth the effort/have the manpower to make another jump?

Arduras   

HRTF is quite amazing for stereo users. Playing Far Cry with HRTF is such a ****ing blast compared to just stereo or 5.1.

honestly, I wish all games would use it, it's like they're all afraid to because it's seen as "old" but imo HRTF is FPS sound done properly. With stereo/5.1/7.1 all sound is sort compressed to being on the same plane. It's either left, right, back or whatever. With HRTF stuff can sound like it's above you and below you, combined with EAX (another old and hardly ever used thing these days) a game can sound ****ing out of this world lol.

RaulO4   

@Arduras

hold up...Far Cry HRTF? where, which one, and how.

also dont worry because of VR HRFT is coming back...Unreal engine is going to have it native in the next update, valve has it, and so on.

Edit: just to let you know EAX/ the old audio which is better than what we have now is gone BECAUSE of someone sueing the other until they had no money so they could close them down.

use headsets without zero 5.1/7.1 of any kind 

this old old demo and yes the audio was use in games too. too mad they got bought out because of @#$#@%$

also i like this old video very much 

opens up a good question...how "Real" should sound be for some games? dont think CT players will like sounds that appear to come from the left but because of physics is in reality from the right.

Edited by RaulO4

RaulO4   
39 minutes ago, Arduras said:

The first Far Cry, the sound is absolutely amazing in that game and I wish it was everywhere.

damn,

i searching around and i found a HRFT mod for FC3 but cant find out where to get it... :( 

Kosmos   
On 10.02.2017 at 1:00 PM, RaulO4 said:

here another example how the tech can improve audio location...note: for all example i have listed make sure you on 2.0 audio or 2.1. dont use 5.1 or 7.1 for these test thx

there is one issue with this tho...at least with ctgo this audio tech makes the cpu work a little harder.

https://github.com/kosumosu/x3daudio1_7_hrtf

turn Arma 3, skyrim, and fallout 4 into HRTF sound which this mod...Read the read me tho for arma 3.

also it could work with any game using x3daudio + Xaudio2(minus those in UT)

x3daudio1_7_hrtf

It started to support UE4 games including Squad recently. But thanks to Easy Anticheat you can't use it in multiplayer, only on the Firing Range

PROTOCOL   
1 hour ago, Kosmos said:

x3daudio1_7_hrtf

It started to support UE4 games including Squad recently. But thanks to Easy Anticheat you can't use it in multiplayer, only on the Firing Range

Is there a way the EAC team can whitelist it, so it can be used?

Kosmos   
Just now, PROTOCOL said:

Is there a way the EAC team can whitelist it, so it can be used?

There is a way. But I don't know it :| DEVs may know though.