Japub

Barbed wire should hinder you, not kill you

Just came to think of this, how much damage will barbed wire actually give you IRL (especially when wearing a uniform of some rough cloth)? Not much, at least it wouldn't kill you. I suggest that damage is replaced with any of these or all: getting stuck, slowed down, unable to pass.

It's Razor wire, not barbed wire, and as far as I know it's practically useless at the moment as it doesn't even make you bleed.

Also I doubt you'd be able to walk through razor wire.

Edited by Catindabox

9 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

It's Razor wire, not barbed wire, and as far as I know it's practically useless at the moment as it doesn't even make you bleed.

Also I doubt you'd be able to walk through razor wire.

Oh, didn't know there was a difference.

It couldn't be impossible to get through, could it? It'll just take alot of time. I just gave the three alternatives as possible ones though.

24 minutes ago, Japub said:

Oh, didn't know there was a difference.

It couldn't be impossible to get through, could it? It'll just take alot of time. I just gave the three alternatives as possible ones though.

Google razor wire, unless you want to be sliced by 50 barbed razor blades in a coil as you walk, you wouldn't go through that shit.

It makes barbed wire look like nothing.

EDIT: The ones in-game are even bigger than most of the ones I found on google

Edited by Catindabox

Yeah, getting stuck on razor wire sucks bad. Barbed wire is pretty easy to get over if you avoid the barbs, but razor wire cuts very easily, and gets caught in cloth, flesh, etc. 

I would love to see a large speed decrease, with some damage, when touching the razor wire in game, as well as a wire cutting option for the breacher class when it is added.

39 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I would love to see a large speed decrease, with some damage, when touching the razor wire in game, as well as a wire cutting option for the breacher class when it is added.

Considering razor wire, this sounds like the best thing. A large speed decrease is dangerous if enemies are observing the area, or at least having a glance at it; perhaps this would make wire more usual. 

The razor wire should at the very least make you bleed, but it would be even better just to not be able to go through it. Therefore, the devs could also add barbed wire which would only slow down enemies but not make them bleed or take damage.

The barbed wire would be used by unconventional forces and be just knee height and be spread out in like 1x1 meters by 4 small poles. This would be useful for slowing down conventional forces and making loud noises while people are crossing, but would not be able to block off areas completely like the more expensive and less covering razor wire.

Edited by Catindabox

Real razor wire cuts through meat like knife through butter.

They are very useful in the game in some situations, and has huge potential. But atm they are very weak and can be destroyed very easily.

image.jpg

I don't think anyone wan'ts to go through these irl. The damage of them is fine because you will get speed penalty, but you should start bleeding when walking through one (maybe with the 2nd or 3rd "hit")

For purpose of realism - I purpose that if a player:

- crawls under razor wire, they should be slowed and take mild damage with 25% bleed chance.

- crouches through razor wire, they should be slowed less than crawling and take more damage with 50% bleed chance.

- walks through razor wire, they should be slowed less than crouching and take even more damage with 75% bleed chance.

IRL you can't go through barb wire at all.   It should be unpassable unless blown up, cut, or you dig under it right, or jump over it like Evel knieval.

I live in the western US, and deal with barbed wire all the time, it would slow you down and tangle you up, but that's about it. Razor wire would be far more damaging. You start bleeding in game from damage from the wire already, but speed should be nerfed and it should be far cheaper to build. If you could drop tons of the stuff, it would actually be useful as a perimeter first line of defense. Use wire to funnel people into the mines. xD