Chuc

November 2016 Monthly Recap

16 hours ago, KaB said:

Hard to tell actually. We're still in the building process atm, which means we haven't figured how absolutely everything is going to work yet.

Usually you build your thing and once you're done you can implement all the content, but for this it's different. I need some specific content to build the whole proces. I need a visual feedback of my work mostly to figure if it's the right way to go or not. And sometimes, this content (mostly animations) is not fine and require some adjustments.

So to answer your question: we're not sure how everything's going to work yet, but we start to get a strong idea of it. I think we're 2/3 done on that part. But keep in mind we should expect some of the content Im about to use to finish the process to require some adjustments as well. This will delay things even more.

Then we can start implementing the rest of the content, and if we made sure the process was thought for everything it should be fast.

Cool, thanks. Well, it's definitely looking much, much better than what we have now.

Thr34t   

Does it look like any of it will be making it into A9? I'm really excited about the new animations. To me this is just as much hype as I felt for vehicles being released, maybe even a little more.

KTMR29   
22 hours ago, Catindabox said:

We are your social life now >:D

Between my work and sleep there's about an hour of cooking and eating with my girlfriend, the rest is Squad and more work.

So yeah, being adult while trying to not give up on the small spark of coolness is hard. And it just became harder.

KTMR29   
On 7/12/2016 at 0:16 PM, jagheterjan said:

You got that one wrong. The talk here is only about how game control inputs and the player camera/animations are linked together, you will see the ingame world from a 1st person perspective in any case.

I put a disclaimer, sometimes I say stupid stuff, glad this one was a stupid assumption. Carry on.

@KaB: Sorry nevermind just a stupid "apoplexy" moment. Thank you for clearing this up.

OMG wow, this is amazing, those new animations are amazing especially the vaulting. One thing I will say is the 3rd person rotation looks a little unnatural. I think if the legs moved a little sooner and the rotation on the shoulders was turn down a few degrees it may look better - but on the whole this is amazing and i cant wait.

Thank you Devs :)

AddyRazz   
20 minutes ago, FluidPanda said:

OMG wow, this is amazing, those new animations are amazing especially the vaulting. One thing I will say is the 3rd person rotation looks a little unnatural. I think if the legs moved a little sooner and the rotation on the shoulders was turn down a few degrees it may look better - but on the whole this is amazing and i cant wait.

Thank you Devs :)

Me neither ;)

Quacken   
5 hours ago, S.M.O.G. said:

Any idea on when these changes will be implemented?

Some additions might be added in 8.9, others may appear in A9 and some may not even be released for months.

'Vaulting' IMO is too COD.  Ever tried to vault a wall after running through a poppy field while wearing full rattle?  I think you would find most combat vet Rangers eating dirt as they fell on their face.

I think all obstacles in the game should have a means to be overcome.  I just suggest a different animation.  Something slower.  ArmA kind of has something, but its very poorly executed.  I also suggest 'buddy aid' like a foot boost and reaching down to help to get over higher walls.

Edited by SmokinBarrel

15 hours ago, SmokinBarrel said:

'Vaulting' IMO is too COD.  Ever tried to vault a wall after running through a poppy field while wearing full rattle?  I think you would find most combat vet Rangers eating dirt as they fell on their face.

I think all obstacles in the game should have a means to be overcome.  I just suggest a different animation.  Something slower.  ArmA kind of has something, but its very poorly executed.  I also suggest 'buddy aid' like a foot boost and reaching down to help to get over higher walls.

I agree with the "slowing down" suggestion (but I think the whole animation will be improved over time).

Reports indicate that at least three individuals have died of exhaustion after repeatedly slamming F5 for over 10 hours straight.

I hope they post it soon.
I guess it might be possible it wont be posted for a couple of days because of christmas, new years  etc causing a delay. Anyone heard anything from the devs regarding that? 

Antol   
1 hour ago, JBrawn said:

How often are updates to the game?

Big updates comes in ~3 months after previous big patch normaly

JBrawn   
10 hours ago, Antol said:

Big updates comes in ~3 months after previous big patch normaly

U mean next update comming Feb or Marth?

Antol   
2 hours ago, JBrawn said:

U mean next update comming Feb or Marth?

Probably somewhere around these months.