Chuc

November 2016 Monthly Recap

174 posts in this topic
21 minutes ago, Romby said:

Im excited to see how the SPG9 affects the battlefield.

The mine im not sure about. Dont really know how me placing a mine will defeat a crow parked 600-1000m away. So i have to place a mine and move 1000 m further back and then hope the enemy crow dives over it when following me (of cause this tactic will make me lose defend flag since i have to move away so dont really see the win).

Mines .... they are great for unexpected ambushes. 

It need thinking much more further then in current stage of game. So when you will see that your team loosing and will have to retrieve to next Defend flag. You mine your old position at some interesting places. At places where you think that enemy armored could park or drive through. You also will have to think that enemy driver will think about this aspect of game. But rush for them will be more dangerous than now. But also its dangerous to place mine get away and then come back with friendly units and they hit it. So its necessary to inform your team about placing mines. Well players who will not care will be TK thats true story and sad story everytime until they will learn how to listen informations They will not remember that you told them something about mines. The paper and pen is friend. so everymine field is pretty good for vehicle operators note on paper and inform driver about that obstacles. 

This is another new aspect of teamwork in game and I can imagine lots of crying for example...."please place HUD marker that thare is friendly mine because i was TK i didnt see that mine" ... well those childrens will need punish about stupid. They have to start communicate with SL and SL to SL about friendly mine fields. It works in PR it will work there. May be we will get some markers in map as well. In PR there was limitation for mine markes so if there was more mines the older markers disappear (also player have to mark this mine on map it is not automatic).  So every mine markes is good to note in paper for further using. Its good trick. 

What I would like to see is if it will be able to detonate them not just by vehicle but also by for example RPG or frag blast near by. Also I am looking forward how we will be able to hide mines. In PR on roads there was lots of meshes so mines could be placed in trashes or rocks. So they was pretty good hidden. And so on. But I expect some true teamwork with mines operating. I trust devs that they will do something epic. 

There are another way ho w to use them. For example you can densely mine area where you can afraid of enemy armory income. So they can think about it ... is it or it is not mined than they blow up because of lack of recon. So next time they will not come from that direction. And you have less worries with defending. 

Well usual FPS game is run and gun. And you rarely think multidimensionally. 

Squad is game where you hav eto think about much more aspects. Its unforgiving game. Mines in good hands its terrify. Search enemy FOB behind lines and by the way mine crossroad....supply cut or enemy reinforce cut....thats surprising and can give your team more roam for manoeuvres while temporarily overnumber Attack flag. With mobile SVG oooo hoho. Its another story. That will be very very dangerous weapon for enemy. I can see now in Kokan it will be much harder for Blue forces. 

This game is going to ostentatiously in Hall of Fame. 

Edited by elerik

Woah! I was thinking the other day 'they've done really well getting the bones and some meat together, but the game still looks mechanical'

then they go and make this! Total legends! Well done, can't wait to see it in action!

Really looking forward to mines, unlike BF2 Squad's offroading is actually quite hard (as it should be) and roads get used alot more, particularly on maps with lots of afghan walls, so they'll get used very effectively. Being blufor is going to be hard!

Edited by Rudd_Nurseman

Showing it off to work colleagues who were on the fence about this game.

Recap linked, they cannot deny themselves of this game any longer.

2 minutes ago, Mad Ani said:

Showing it off to work colleagues who were on the fence about this game.

Recap linked, they cannot deny themselves of this game any longer.

Glad to see you have your priorities in the right place. :)

5 minutes ago, Smee said:

Glad to see you have your priorities in the right place. :)

Been telling them about the game for ages. Tell them vehicles are in, new/larger maps, new content... when the sales are on. They keep saying about getting it, they have no excuse now. Can't wait to blow them up ^_^

My feedback:

-I like the fact that the weapons in 1P are more visible

-Blur when ADSing reminds me of Americas Army 2 which is a good thing to see

-I know the animation system is WiP but the side sweep speed should be decreased, more info here ->

-Inventory system is great both for Squad and for modders, Roy explained it a little more yesterday on Discord. Can't wait

-SPG looks cool, especially the reload animation

-Anti tank Mine explosion looks so real (I just hope there will be sounds of gravel, dust and rocks falling down after the explosion)

-British faction looks on point as well as the weaponry

Now, there's one little thing I would like to suggest for the environment team while creating the Eastern apartment blocks:

I'm sure that every person from Eastern Europe would agree with me that there are so called 'carpet hangers' placed on almost every neighbourhood

Looks like this:

800px-Trzepa.JPG

0440f8d1ff2bb8389a5407d45ddfabcc.jpg

Small detail but it would be great to see it

Edited by mastah4

3 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

Been telling them about the game for ages. Tell them vehicles are in, new/larger maps, new content... when the sales are on. They keep saying about getting it, they have no excuse now. Can't wait to blow them up ^_^

What part of the recap convinced them to buy it?

6 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

What part of the recap convinced them to buy it?

Me drilling it into them. I should work in sales ^_^

Will the SPG-9 come with its optic in the first iteration?

Edited by FSGMatt

Amazing recap devs! The game is shaping up real nicely! Especially with the new animations! It's going to change Squad and how it's played. I can't wait to see the new Stryker and those weapons in action! Also, so...what happened to the Russian light tanks I saw in the urban environment in an earlier recap? We really haven't heard much about them lately. Are they going to be in the game soon? I would love to at'least have some kind of tank, even if it's just a light one in game for now. 9_9

foolsroad_7.jpgmtlb.jpgmtlb_1.jpgurban6.jpgurban4.jpg

Edited by WarEagle751

21 hours ago, dewi316 said:

Third person turn animation looks a little bit awkward, by this I mean the shoulders look like they turn too far before the hips and legs spin to adjust. Just dial the shoulder turn back a few degrees before the hips and legs have too turn. I would take this animation system over the present one 1000% just a few tweeks needed, also would love too see the vault in third person animation as I'm not convinced, but with that said any improvement so we can get over the small walls is a welcome and much needed addition, please dont take this as hyper critical just a few tweeks needed : )

I agree with this.

*Rips open shirt.* Oh man this is so good, I got a hard on for that SPG-9, the development can only go forward. Oooh I can't already wait for the next recap!

Except the fact that during the animation of looking around w/o moving legs, your torso has a strange behavior when you reach the point when legs begin to move too (hope I'm clear enough) this recap and the anouncements are very good !!!

And the improvements in explosion effects :o:o

Update has some nice features. Definitely welcome larger maps as well as new ones.

How about an update to the logistics system and FOB spawning system to help reduce or eliminate the ridiculous rushing of back flags that is part of the current meta? Will SLs have the ability to speak directly to another specific SL via the number pad bindings that is currently implemented with mumble in PR to reduce the comms overload currently plaguing the SL kit?

I would add: How about the ability to add a loading screen or server information screen from the server browser so that server owners can distinguish their server from others, post rules and contact information, and let the players know exactly what server they are connecting to?

Sorry - I know this isn't a suggestion thread, but I'm sure a lot of server managers would like to see some things being worked on in parallel to game development to make our experiences better with the game as well.

Edited by disposableHero

Dear Santa

PKM, IED and TBG-7V for x-mas please. :x