Chuc

November 2016 Monthly Recap

174 posts in this topic

Animations! Does this include animations or effects now when we are shot? Now will we react or have stamina change or something? 

Awesome report, especially loving the animation stuff. Can't wa

I feel like the springy jiggles on the weapon turning inertia could be tweaked down a little bit to less of an extreme angle, but I love the dynamic movement of the new animation system and movement in general.

Am I correct in assuming the weapon sway during movement goes along with the shooting animations as well? Like if you were to fire your weapon wouldn't snap to a centered shooting animation?

Scrolling through the videos and pictures like

57209742.jpg

Edited by Foist

Damn, Devs been going ham!

Great recap!

Wow. Totally blown away. I keep thinking "Oh, that was the best recap yet", then you devs come and pull shit like this xD I'm very interested to see the gorgeous blur effect on other weapons, and especially interested to know how you will presumably apply this to scopes.

Keep it up! Can't wait to be in a convoy and have the Humvee in front of me drive over a TM-62!

Will say with that the sprinting weapon animations seem too bouncy and cartoonish/exagerrated. I hope that and the weapon jerking inertia is toned down some to be at a more similar level as the current one.

Everything else looks fantastic as usual! You guys are always stepping yourselves up with each update.

Edited by Catindabox

The Brits are looking great but are you guys working on the new insurgent models at all?

Wow that animation system upgrade is impressive. I'm hoping since the animation is there we will now have freelook. It is so hard to have good situational awareness when you are trying to spring to an objective without having to delay yourself by changing your running direction to check around you.

I'm sick and tired of unending Eastern-European maps since ArmA 1, can't we get just a bit of fresh air in the form of USA rural maps, like California, Texas, Alaska or something? Making big city like New York is out of question I presume

Edited by Banned

Incredible monthly recap, so many amazing looking features! I can't wait for the new animation system.

2 hours ago, Banned said:

I'm sick and tired of unending Eastern-European maps since ArmA 1, can't we get just a bit of fresh air in the form of USA rural maps, like California, Texas, Alaska or something? Making big city like New York is out of question I presume

Start a war in california, you'll get your map. 

17 minutes ago, Virtue said:

Start a war in california, you'll get your map. 

Lots of maps in PR are based on hypothetical military theatre, like war in Siberia, war in Chinese territory, war on islands etc. They don't stick only on real war conflicts that took place. Besides, those map like gorodok, yehirovka are also fictional maps, they are only assumed to be Ukraine (or Russia?), they don't exist in reality. We can the same way assume Russia or China invaded California or Texas for the freshness sake. 

Edited by Banned

Absolutely love it!! Super excited about the Brits. They look amazing!! Love the scrim. It's interesting to hear about the SUSAT being chosen over the ACOG or the LDS but its an optic that takes my fancy anyhow. Wonder how balance will work when the Brits don't go out of the wire without an optic.

Animations are pretty gucci. Im well excited for the coming new toys to play with.

BZ!

13 hours ago, Starbricks said:

great job as always, cheers devs... Squad is really approaching an amazing beta phase. Finger cross for the devs, i really hope this game will delivery as it should and bring the devs a good payback for the effort they keep put in this game!

ps: damn I was waiting so bad those mines, dear Humvee your supremacy is at the end B|

Im excited to see how the SPG9 affects the battlefield.

The mine im not sure about. Dont really know how me placing a mine will defeat a crow parked 600-1000m away. So i have to place a mine and move 1000 m further back and then hope the enemy crow dives over it when following me (of cause this tactic will make me lose defend flag since i have to move away so dont really see the win).

2 hours ago, Banned said:

Lots of maps in PR are based on hypothetical military theatre, like war in Siberia, war in Chinese territory, war on islands etc. They don't stick only on real war conflicts that took place. Besides, those map like gorodok, yehirovka are also fictional maps, they are only assumed to be Ukraine (or Russia?), they don't exist in reality. We can the same way assume Russia or China invaded California or Texas for the freshness sake. 

Uhm Bro Yehirovka,  has been effectively a war zone in the eastern Ukraine for the past 2 years, ever since the Ukrainian up rising. 

What are you asking for a red dawn map so you can pretend you're Patrick Swayze? 

Great works guys! Thanks for putting the eye candy videos in the post too, prepare for the hype!! Can't wait to play as the Brits, being a brit an all...

Mav B|