DanielNL

Breach through walls & fences with C4?

This will be a very fancy thing to get into Squad, has this been confirmed yet? (thin fences should even break by handgrenades/grenadelauncher)

doors? Could be opened by handgrenades... :P (UNLESS you're talking steel doors in underground tunnels! xD Then C4, yes xD )

There won't be destruction in Squad, so I'd say that's a no. Down the road, however, we will be able to open/close and lock doors, and locked doors will be able to be breached, though I'd guess by a shotgun rather than C4.

Give a source. The game would miss valuable gameplay aspects if it weren't possible from release on to destroy at least fences.

19 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Give a source. The game would miss valuable gameplay aspects if it weren't possible from release on to destroy at least fences.

Uh... you saying you've been on the forum this long and weren't aware destruction is a no-go? Use the search function :P

As for usable doors, http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=82

I have to admit that hitting a bush with a Humvee shouldn't bring the whole thing to a dead stop same with hitting small trees with a BTR. That's a bit much don't you think? Would be nice if you could at least knock the small stuff down same with running over fences. I know it wouldn't be done but have destructible cover would be awesome. Seeing your cover slowly turned to dust from enemy fire. Sadly I don't think that will ever be a reality but still fun to think about.

On 12/4/2016 at 5:13 PM, Fern said:

Would be cool if we had doors that could lock to blow open.

That just reminded me that often times in urban ops theres someone in a squad with a shotgun used for blowing doors before a breach. That would be a really cool feature id like to play in maps like sumari. Having your guys stack up on a wall while a squad member breaches door with shogun and the rest rush in.

O'Connor be more optimistic. It isn't that hard to program a tree to "fall down" (90° fall, without accelerating fall as example) with the turning point around the base of the tree... Just wait for what the Squad lead programmer can pull out of his sleeve in UE 4.14;)

Edited by DanielNL

4 hours ago, Dtodt13 said:

That just reminded me that often times in urban ops theres someone in a squad with a shotgun used for blowing doors before a breach. That would be a really cool feature id like to play in maps like sumari. Having your guys stack up on a wall while a squad member breaches door with shogun and the rest rush in.

Didn't you guys read above? This is already confirmed :P

Yes, but BTR's being stopped by medium-small trees and BTRs AND Humvees stopped by tin fences... Who said realistic? xD