Sign in to follow this  
Arduras

Bleeding Out & Giving Up: A Suggestion

So currently when someone goes down, they don't really know how long they've been bleeding/until they bleed out. Some SL's are so crass as to suggest mass suicide to redeploy somewhere else. My suggestion is the following and I think it will solve many problems currently associated with being down and wasting those ever so important tickets.

Currently when you're being healed a graphic appears bottom center with a color representing status. When you're down everyone sees a ticking bleeding symbol in a similar fashion. I suggest making what's visible to everyone else, also visible to the downed player by means of putting it right where the "being healed" graphic normally is. This includes knowing when he's been bandaged (the blood drop turns to a heal symbol and the timer stops ticking around  the circle) and finally he already knows when he's being healed.

The above would give the downed player awareness in addition to checking for nearby medics on the map, to gauge his chances and make a more informed decision.

This is technically another suggestion, but if they give up before at least half the bleed timer has passed, hit them with a 30sec penalty to their spawn timer. For people who think suicide redeploys are smart, or who give up within seconds of dying after whining medic every second, and so on.

There is already tooo much HUD clutter. 

I personally hope that devs will again slowly remove them after year and so on. I hope that that was temporarily step for new players to adapt this concept of game. 

Most good medics say when your good to go.

Maybe a small blood droplet by the players name, so you can see bleeding but not status bleed. that should be for medic.

I'm not talking about a bleed symbol when they're just running around bleeding. There's already a screen indicator (reddish flashing, etc) for that. I mean a timer for when their incapacitated like what other people see. The blood with a circle around it - just making that visible to the downed player (or even just a timer/clock style that stops when they stop bleeding) This is more so downed people can make a more informed decision regarding giving up.

1 hour ago, ChivitoSan said:

On the same subject, I think you should be able to take bandages from wounded players... what do you think

Already a thread for it on taking stuff from bodies. Would result in trolling and more HUD clutter by making you have to accept the exchange.

Keep the HUD clear! 

IMHO to help stop the constant die/give up/respawn, respawn time for giving up should be remaining bleed out time + 30 seconds and respawn with the same levels of kit / ammo as when you died, respawn on FOB only. 

To reduce the tactical use of suicide, suicide should be bleed out time + 30 seconds, respawn main base only with basic rifleman kit, but with your "old" kit locked for you until you get to ammo box to reclaim / change it.

Standard bleed out due to dying in a tough spot or medic ignoring you pain ridden plea, respawn where ever available.

Comms to / from medic would be used more also making medic a more vital role and not left for the last two players who join the squad. FYI I play medic at least ever other round, although if the squad constantly rush to their deaths or no comms I'll change to rifleman with optic if poss.

2 hours ago, ChivitoSan said:

On the same subject, I think you should be able to take bandages from wounded players... what do you think

You're not using that blood soaked bandage on me. :)