tweak by one

what is your favorite role?

so what are your favorite roles?

i haven't tried being an SL yet because i'm still new in the game.

my favorite role is with medic though and machine gunner

At first it was the LMG. After a while in competetive matches, you eat a frag from the nade launcher when you start to bring democracy to the enemy.  Now it's the LAT and SL. I hope the M240 will be implemented.

2 hours ago, Ryoz said:

At first it was the LMG. After a while in competetive matches, you eat a frag from the nade launcher when you start to bring democracy to the enemy.  Now it's the LAT and SL. 

Same here, either commanding people around, or blowing shit up. 

Cant wait for a Pioneer or Battle Engineer Kit to have c4 or satchels or stuff like that. 

But fairly, i like all the classes. Except Marksman, i am the worst Marksman in EU. 

Hi Ryoz :-P 

Edited by runningDuck

Stalker :D

I don't unterstand the sense of the M110. Could anyone explain it to me? Less ammo, more recoil compared to the acog and you need 2-3 hits. 

Damage system is not final. I would assume 7.62Nato retains the ability to two-shot a hostile even over high distances, whereas 5.56Nato will only do so up close or when hitting parts that aren't protected by body armour. Futhermore does it seem likely that the M110 will receive a bipod for stabilisation purposes. This, coupled with the 7.62's greater accuracy should make hitting long range shots a bit easier compared to an M4 with ACOG.

I almost invariably end up with medic, so I have stockholm syndrome. I hate that they don't have any frags, because I usually find myself in a position to use them BUT being able to heal myself and keep the team going is pretty rewarding when they aren't going full retard. I just wish we could drag bodies already.

Other than that? probably just the rifleman, solid all around with 2 frags and aside from not being able to resupply teammates like PR it's pretty fun.

I used to play medic a lot, it's good if you're not the best shooter but still want to be effective -- although currently I've moved away from this class as it's gotten frustrating with all the new folk.

Optic is also pretty fun, you just get to pick of enemies at ease B|

Other than that, squad leading is a really fun role, it takes time to pick up and can be frustrating at times. However imo it's the most rewarding role of all :)

5 hours ago, tweak by one said:

so what are your favorite roles?

i haven't tried being an SL yet because i'm still new in the game.

my favorite role is with medic though and machine gunner

As much of a pain in the ass it is sometimes, Squad Lead has such a fulfilling feeling when your guys listen to everything you say and you kick ass all round.

3 hours ago, Ryoz said:

Stalker :D

I don't unterstand the sense of the M110. Could anyone explain it to me? Less ammo, more recoil compared to the acog and you need 2-3 hits. 

The M110 is more powerful than the M4A1 in terms of range, accuracy, etc thanks to its use of 7.62, and down the road it will receive a bipod and a high-power optic.

My personal favorite is the SAW, nothing like suppressing an objective with the sweet, sweet sound of the 249, though under the right circumstances the M110 is enjoyable. As an SL, especially on maps with excellent overwatch like Logar, I've found it's extremely useful to position a marksman and an optic rifleman or scout in the hills where they can report enemy squads and vehicles long before that reach my squad, and since I've started using the tactic it's definitely turned the tide of many a game. Would recommend others give it a shot when squad leading if they haven't already!

5 hours ago, Aniallator said:

The M110 is more powerful than the M4A1 in terms of range, accuracy, etc thanks to its use of 7.62, and down the road it will receive a bipod and a high-power optic.

My personal favorite is the SAW, nothing like suppressing an objective with the sweet, sweet sound of the 249, though under the right circumstances the M110 is enjoyable. As an SL, especially on maps with excellent overwatch like Logar, I've found it's extremely useful to position a marksman and an optic rifleman or scout in the hills where they can report enemy squads and vehicles long before that reach my squad, and since I've started using the tactic it's definitely turned the tide of many a game. Would recommend others give it a shot when squad leading if they haven't already!

good point!

I find the ACOG'd M4 to be better than the M110, just because of versatility and reduced recoil compared to the latter. Maybe once it gets a more powerful scope as you say, I'll consider using it, but as of now the M4 is better at everything. Minus perhaps 900m+ shots, but unless you're looking for those kind of long range engagements then the M4 is a winner.
To each his own, though. 

it  used to be anything with BINO or an AKS-U.. now its any kit with familiar player tags in the squad because it don't matter, in then end communication wins.

Used to be Medic almost all the time, now i like to play as AT (wish i had 4 heat's and 0 frags) or LMG (especially if i have the RPK-74M with optics). I would like to play lmg more, but because there ain't no weapon resting, it's practically useless to trying to get accurate shots from windows/walls.

What i almost never use are the grenadier/Marksman kits.

Medic and SL! But i do love play as a medic, even after more then 300 h in game. Medic is a key role, fun to play and game changer and.... for some strange reason still today you struggle to find player that wanna be medic! So for all the meds out there keep it up! :P

SL first and always. After that, If I had to pick, AR. More often than not the AR goes under utilized. Gotta dump those rounds and keep their heads down ;)

I only ever play Medic because no one else will. If 2 Medics already exist in the squad I try to go AR. I like laying down fire and trying to surpress the enemy.

17 hours ago, Starbricks said:

Medic and SL! But i do love play as a medic, even after more then 300 h in game. Medic is a key role, fun to play and game changer and.... for some strange reason still today you struggle to find player that wanna be medic! So for all the meds out there keep it up! :P

Yeah, I prefer medic, it keeps the squad going.

Its also the best role for flanking and solo hunting, self healing is a huge advantage.

Now aday its Mostly medic and SL, but i love the RPG/Light anti-tank and saw gunner just suppressing the rocks, bushes and helmets he he

For me it's LMG. Can provide suppression, support, or help clear compounds. I like Medic and AT can be pretty good also.