gunbattle

will there be M240 HMMWVs?

of course there is HMMWVs with M2 .50 cal hmgs, and im sure MK-19 grenade launchers will eventually find there way in the game too, even TOW HMMWVs one day, but will there be HMMWVs with M240s (medium 7.62 machine guns)? sometimes i see videos and images from iraq/afghanistan with HMMWVS with M240s, but im just a civi and dont know how common or special forces-ish it is to have the 240 on the gun trucks. so, is it common and or will M240 HMMWVs in Squad?

040327-A-9930K-001army.mil_.jpg

? i dont remember M240s (edit: on HMMWVs) in PR. havent played much since 1.3 came out, i only remember the M2 and TOW HMMWVs

? i dont remember M240s in PR. havent played much since 1.3 came out, i only remember the M2 and TOW HMMWVs

They're on Fallujah at least.

MK 19's are only used by the UK forces in PR, because according to PR devs no other military uses them. I hope they are included here though.

They're on Fallujah at least.

Are you sure about that? I think i have never seen them, but then again i mostly play medic and dont use guns to much.

Are you sure about that? I think i have never seen them, but then again i mostly play medic and dont use guns to much.

Now that's the medic attitude! You sir are the man!

MK 19's are only used by the UK forces in PR, because according to PR devs no other military uses them. I hope they are included here though.

US got MK 19 on HUMVEE in Assult on Mestia, among others, so that statement ain't true.

There are MK19 Humvees on Qwai and Mestia

Don't get me wrong, the M240 is a great machine gun.  But for a gun truck, it could go either way.  Personally i'd rather have the .50 cal or the Mk19.  Great asset's if you know how to use them.  Great with fire suppression and would easily help a team get fire superiority in a firefight.  The 240 is good, but doesn't pack as much of a "punch" as the 50 or Mk19.  Still a great gun, so maybe having one or two trucks in a convoy with them wouldn't be bad.

Personally, i'm hoping that the devs don't replace the AR with the M27.  Great rifle, but not a solid replacement for the M249.  I mean, unless we get some sort of 50+ round mag, or a belt.  30 round mag on that gun, when fired full auto is gone in less then a couple seconds (held on the cyclic rate in real life that is).

Patrolling with the 240 isn't very practical either.  MMG and up are more of a stationary gun.  You want to setup a tripod to get accurate fire.  Firing the 240 on the bipods, suuuuuuucks.  I haven't seen any 240's on any Humvees.  Maybe i haven't been on enough, but usually i either hear, or see the 50 on the trucks.

The 240 is used on gun trucks, and it's legit.  Trust me.  It'd be silly if none of the vehicles had a 240 mounted in the turret.  

Patrolling with the 240 isn't very practical either.  MMG and up are more of a stationary gun.  You want to setup a tripod to get accurate fire.  Firing the 240 on the bipods, suuuuuuucks. 

Not only does it not "suuuuuuucks" on bipods (it is very accurate when prone supported) but we did foot mobile patrols with M240s all the time.

To answer the OPs question, maybe? ;)

MK19 is used by US on Pavlosk Bay, Assault on Metsia, Qwai River, and others. I only remember UK getting it on Burning Sands and maybe Vadso City.

BTW even the AAVP7 uses the 40mm MK19

Abrams use M240 and M2, so do HMMWV. Don't remember either having one in PR, only as infantry by the Machinegunner kit.

Not only does it not "suuuuuuucks" on bipods (it is very accurate when prone supported) but we did foot mobile patrols with M240s all the time.

To answer the OPs question, maybe? ;)

Well, i'm speaking from my experience lol.  Did a range carrying the 240, but it was a "buddy rush" type of range, not really a patrol.  But then again, my A-gunner needed glasses if you know what i mean.

So buddy rushing isn't fun, never really did a patrol with one though.

EDIT: sorry to derail :(

Mk19 is on HMMWV, Landrover, Stryker, and AAVP in PR.

With the exception of the AAV I just hope to christ their prevalence is extremely limited, maybe a limited-spawn asset in the same fashion as the CAS Huey on Muttrah. Dealing with anything armed with an AGL is a fucking nightmare as infantry (Apart from urban maps) when aiming them is so easy. 

With the exception of the AAV I just hope to christ their prevalence is extremely limited, maybe a limited-spawn asset in the same fashion as the CAS Huey on Muttrah. Dealing with anything armed with an AGL is a fucking nightmare as infantry (Apart from urban maps) when aiming them is so easy. 

We could always give it a ridiculous recoil pattern and deviation to the rounds, MK19s jump pretty hard IRL, so we could make the skill cap pretty high to ensure that it doesn't dominate every infantry encounter. It should make infantry life pretty bad, but there will be AT counters to help with that, as well.

We could always give it a ridiculous recoil pattern and deviation to the rounds, MK19s jump pretty hard IRL, so we could make the skill cap pretty high to ensure that it doesn't dominate every infantry encounter. It should make infantry life pretty bad, but there will be AT counters to help with that, as well.

Sounds good to me. Vehicle-mounted weapons having 0 recoil is something that's gone un-addressed in pretty much every game in which it'd matter

yea sometimes, many times really, in PR when playing insurgency mode as the US and being on the .50 on a HMMWV i think the enemy is a bunch of mostly unarmored insurgents and soft skinned civilian vehicles. i would rather have a 240 with higher rate of fire and less recoil than a .50. the 7.62 NATO round has plenty of stopping power versus the unarmored fighters and soft skinned target. so yea, really hope to see 240 gun trucks

I'm hoping this'll be the case. Having too little recoil or feedback Not only makes mounted Weapon's too Easy to use it makes them feel unimmersive and just flat.

Don't get me wrong, the M240 is a great machine gun.  But for a gun truck, it could go either way.  Personally i'd rather have the .50 cal or the Mk19.  Great asset's if you know how to use them.  Great with fire suppression and would easily help a team get fire superiority in a firefight.  The 240 is good, but doesn't pack as much of a "punch" as the 50 or Mk19.  Still a great gun, so maybe having one or two trucks in a convoy with them wouldn't be bad.

Personally, i'm hoping that the devs don't replace the AR with the M27.  Great rifle, but not a solid replacement for the M249.  I mean, unless we get some sort of 50+ round mag, or a belt.  30 round mag on that gun, when fired full auto is gone in less then a couple seconds (held on the cyclic rate in real life that is).

Patrolling with the 240 isn't very practical either.  MMG and up are more of a stationary gun.  You want to setup a tripod to get accurate fire.  Firing the 240 on the bipods, suuuuuuucks.  I haven't seen any 240's on any Humvees.  Maybe i haven't been on enough, but usually i either hear, or see the 50 on the trucks.

Seriously man. The 240 is the backbone of a patrol. And you cannot use every m2 .50 on hummers so you had saws and 240s usually. They are not that bad to carry around and everyone on the patrol carries about 100 rounds of ammo for it. This is a great weapon for supression it has a higher fire rate than the m2 and you can carry much more ammo for it. If you have questions ask before you make assumptions.

Just give the mk19 the jamming issues and actual recoil it has. Rocks the entire truck with that huge open bolt.