Exinferis

Swedish Armed Forces

I'm not Swedish, nor do I live there, but damn do they have some cool native shit. I believe they present a valid option as a faction, at least as much of an option as Germany or France. Also, let's be honest, the STRF 9040 with a 40mm cannon is fucking cool. Plus their metal scene is great.

s_cv9040_2.jpg

tumblr_n1m7rybkY91s8ht07o1_1280.jpg

eldstrid1.jpg

strv122.jpg

Sweden has nice toys. Too bad UK, France, and Germany will probably be implemented before Sweden, assuming the KS stretch goals are only fast tracks for new factions.

AIR_JAS-39_Gripen_Top_Smokewinders_lg.jp

I think its highly unlikely the devs work on this. However, I can definitely see modders creating it and maybe the devs will add it.

Not that im biased or anything  :P but that is an awesome idea, (btw is it just me or is the ak5 just about the coolest looking gun ever =D)

I know, We could also have a sabaton song playing through a radio in the tank... Now that would be brilliant.

I am not an expert but is this a german tank?

It's called a Stridsvagn 122. Based on the Leopard and then modified by the Swedes. 

Tsk tsk, let's get the Danes in instead!

:ph34r:

Ask me again when Squad version 1.0 has been released, there may be a Danish dev who is up for some modding ;)

Tsk tsk, let's get the Danes in instead!

Only reason I think the Swedes are cool is because a huge portion of their equipment is native and unique. They don't use M113's and other US exports as extensively as Denmark or Norway. At least based on my experience in the Wargame series.

Only reason I think the Swedes are cool is because a huge portion of their equipment is native and unique. They don't use M113's and other US exports as extensively as Denmark or Norway. At least based on my experience in the Wargame series.

No, we don't. However, lots of the stuff we have, like the AK4/5 and, as mentioned above, our MBT, are slight modifications of other products (like the G3/FN FLC and Leopard 2).

Just dreaming of the day when I can disembark from a Combat Boat 90 in-game...

(Large picture)

r2DeObU.jpg

No, we don't. However, lots of the stuff we have, like the AK4/5 and, as mentioned above, our MBT, are slight modifications of other products (like the G3/FN FLC and Leopard 2).

Just dreaming of the day when I can disembark from a Combat Boat 90 in-game...

(Large picture)

r2DeObU.jpg

Wot, your airforce is (as far as I know) is almost completely native. I'm not denying you use some imports, but you have more native stuff than your neighbors.

:ph34r:

Ask me again when Squad version 1.0 has been released, there may be a Danish dev who is up for some modding ;)

I will bug you day and night when the time comes!  :D

Wot, your airforce is (as far as I know) is almost completely native. I'm not denying you use some imports, but you have more native stuff than your neighbors.

Most likely is, but I've never bothered much with those flying machines. 

All our helos are imported though, and thats the only air vehicle thats confirmed as far as i know. 

All our helos are imported though, and thats the only air vehicle thats confirmed as far as i know. 

That's true

I'd love to see swedes in this game!

Actually the finnish army uses a lot of the same equipment the swedes use.
Such as the CV90 and Leopard tanks.

Too bad we have not yet had the finns in the Project Reality, after all they have the largest army of the scandinavia.

I'd love to see swedes in this game!

Actually the finnish army uses a lot of the same equipment the swedes use.

Such as the CV90 and Leopard tanks.

Too bad we have not yet had the finns in the Project Reality, after all they have the largest army of the scandinavia

One idea is to just make a faction called Scandinavia, that would function like a coalition of countries with mixed equipment.

One idea is to just make a faction called Scandinavia, that would function like a coalition of countries with mixed equipment.

How could you say something like that? :o

I wouldnt mind with the danes, but the swedes?!

If the Swedish Army were to come to Squad they NEED to have a circle(snusbox size) worn on one of their pockets!

Problem is that no one understands the Finns. Still, I think there's at least a Scandinavian coalition in Wargame.

However, I think it would be better to either add one of the armies or none at all. We share a lot of equipment, but you could never really satisfy everyone anyway, so it's better to aim for one faction and then see if you can build from that.

Problem is that no one understands the Finns. Still, I think there's at least a Scandinavian coalition in Wargame.

However, I think it would be better to either add one of the armies or none at all. We share a lot of equipment, but you could never really satisfy everyone anyway, so it's better to aim for one faction and then see if you can build from that.

yep, its called Scandinavia and it's Sweden, Denmark and Norway