Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Lewis

Hit penalties finally coming in version 9!

In the podcast interview they mentioned that changes to the animations are coming. One mentioned was hit penalties!

I love the game and My only issue had only been that you can take a shot to the chest or back and not even flinch, no sway effect, and no hit reaction. In fact many times  you will shoot someone and they will immediately prone 180 degree dive and spray you with lead. 

Very glad that this will be added. He mentioned another addition that had been widely requested. I'm not sure but I believe and HOPE it's the body dragging system. When the interviewer mentioned it there was no comment. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Agree with the hit penalties. It was absurd how effective a skilled FPS player could be without penalties.

*EDIT* 

God this is going to make combat SO much better. In effect its a suppression mechanic that forces for good medics and close proximity to them. 

Edited by KCIV

34 minutes ago, KCIV said:

God this is going to make combat SO much better. In effect its a suppression mechanic that forces for good medics and close proximity to them. 

Agreed! And it will make us use cover more! Now that there will be increased sway and slowdown when hit and a 'chance' of going into rag doll when shot (like when hit by vehicle), the last thing we will do is run out in the open alone now without looking both ways... no more run and gunning! 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

1 minute ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Agreed! And it will make us use cover more! Now that there will be increased sway and slowdown when hit and a 'chance' of going into rag doll when shot (like when hit by vehicle), the last thing we will do is run out in the open alone now without looking both ways... no more run and gunning! 

wait wait what? Can you like the podcast?

5 minutes ago, grimshadow said:

Yeah podcast link must have pleaseeeee

Yes sir when I can find it after looking through internet history at work. 

Must admit that this is news to me.

If you are going to do a title like that "X confirmed for Y!" please include links. 

Regardless of what link you may be able to provide, I can tell you that it won't be in A9, though we will have it eventually.

I'm going to close this thread as to not get peoples expectations mixed up.

Again, things like these are coming, it will be a gradual implementation over several updates, but not for A9.