Sign in to follow this  
Gilead

High Altitude Mountain Map WIP (Feat. Fully Functional Helicopter)

Still very early in the process, but I couldn't resist showing a screenshot. Done a few rudimentary test 1v1s and let me tell you - this is gonna be fun.

2FQqJVg.jpgajgPsqR.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/8HjNNSi.jpg

5TUjqmV.jpg

Nx8l0SW.jpg

abuxQJK.jpg

Edited by Gilead

I don't know, man. Barren mountains with little to no cover and large, open areas seldom make for fun gameplay. Might be interesting to see what you're going to do with this type of terrain though.

Edited by MultiSquid

Not being a fan of fast-paced gameplay, I wanted this map to be more about long-distance engagements and vehicular warfare. Like you're out on patrol in the mountains of Afghanistan. There are two very large mountain ranges on either side, with one smaller mountain in the middle, and an outpost at the foot of the valley. In the future, there'll be some villages cut into the sides of the mountains, as well as farms at the bottom of the valley.

I think Sumari is too "CoD-ish" and not fun to play

Edited by Gilead

I like the look of it, reminds me of a Waziristan based map for ArmA. This type of terrain require a very different approach :) looking forward to it!

This looks almost like a burning sands/silent eagle type of map mixed together. Large open areas, some tree cover, and large hills. Should make for future vehicle and air assets to become even more important!

On 11/30/2016 at 8:49 AM, Darthy said:

Where is this fully functional heli you speak of ?

If you look carefully, in the US main there's a blackhawk that I imported from the UE4 marketplace. You can fly around in it straight out of the box

3 hours ago, Darthy said:

Mind making a video to see what it looks like in game and how it handles?

Guessing it's this one since it's the only one on the marketplace 

14 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Guessing it's this one since it's the only one on the marketplace 

That's the one. I don't know C++, so I don't know how to make a player able to enter it, so you have to load into the map as the helicopter itself, but it works

Sign in to follow this