Friesen

Dear devs, the optics vs riflemen are seriously imbalanced

Posted (edited)
On 11/25/2016 at 8:26 AM, BLITZA said:

US forces will always have better weaponry than Insurgents, as they do in reality. Do Insurgent forces have the weaponry to go toe to toe in a 1-to-1 fire fight with the US? No. Do they have other options? Yes

I agree that, at the moment, the Insurgent forces are severely lacking on the new map, Kokan (which is the map your screenshot is from).

Sumari is a different story though. Played right (ambushes, sticking to the narrow streets and compounds) the insurgent forces are extremely competitive on the map. 

Kokan is a struggle due to the open environment of the map, especially the avenues of approach to objectives. Their best tactic is to rush centre cap with their whole force and dig in, out shoot the US forces in the compounds, 3 main routes into the town on Tempest locked down.

Yes Kokan is imbalanced.

Are factions imbalanced? I can see the arguments for both sides.

We must also remember that with more features, such as IED's, faction balance will not always be 1 for 1. As all factions will have different arsenal's to deploy

the insurgents should get more tickets and players. 65 - 35 would make it fair.

also give the insurgents a better light vehicle.

they have worse rifle

no heavy vehicle

worse light vehicle - (the humvee can be considered a heavy vehicle because its impervious to small arms)

me personally i am firmly against trying to portray reality if it hurts gameplay, (ARMA wonderfully went for the near future so they could still balance all of their weapons). trying to portray reality just takes away a tool out of devs toolkit to make a FUN game.

all so people can "feel" like real soldiers

Edited by Randall172

Yes scopes give you an advantage, I believe we all figured it out after a couples of houres. 

So Ins and Militia are underdogs, fine. 

Lots of people here argue that when playing these faction, change your playstyle. Be sneaky, go guerilla. 

I totally agree with you guys, this is the answer. 

But is this even possible do the game mechanics? 

The team who secure their first flags until the middle one and then get one more will bleed the enemy team out. So every team will rush flags in order to bleed out the enemy or block them. 

So the option of ambushing or guerilla playstyle is taken away. I have to go full frontal assault or the enemy team will bleed me out.

I belive this mechanic is game breaking for these 2 faction. 

Also the Ins Radio and HAB, why are they that costly? I believe they should be reduced or even removed. Just like in PR. That would fit more to that faction and would make them stronger. 

Posted (edited)

I find that optics are a disadvantage in close-quarters combat since you are way to zoomed in during these close-up fights. Running around with a scope in Sumari is a pain actually.

Maybe insurgents could have quite a few more nades to counter possible imbalance in large open maps. I find nades to be extremely useful quite often.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

Posted (edited)

The key to balancing the irregular factions lays in the delicate balance of vehicle ticket cost, IMO. The initial vehicle ticket costs for strykers and humvees and the like were maybe a tad high, but at the current level, too low. This balances the ticket game between US-RU/MIL-INS while giving each faction a game winning doctrine. US-RU will be superior for domination of the map, MIL-INS will be superior for hit and run on enemy HVTs (vehicles and fobs).

Edited by GreatDestroyerDT

10 hours ago, Axel said:

Yes scopes give you an advantage, I believe we all figured it out after a couples of houres. 

So Ins and Militia are underdogs, fine. 

Lots of people here argue that when playing these faction, change your playstyle. Be sneaky, go guerilla. 

I totally agree with you guys, this is the answer. 

But is this even possible do the game mechanics? 

The team who secure their first flags until the middle one and then get one more will bleed the enemy team out. So every team will rush flags in order to bleed out the enemy or block them. 

So the option of ambushing or guerilla playstyle is taken away. I have to go full frontal assault or the enemy team will bleed me out.

I belive this mechanic is game breaking for these 2 faction. 

Also the Ins Radio and HAB, why are they that costly? I believe they should be reduced or even removed. Just like in PR. That would fit more to that faction and would make them stronger. 

See my response on previous page. INS/MIL don't need to be sneaky, they simply shouldn't rely on unscoped AKs, those are weapons for support classes that shouldn't be doing that much fighting.
There is nothing "sneaky" about relying on explosives as your primary killers. Inside of 200 yards, I'll take an RPG over a scoped M4 every time - as long as you learn the correct adjustments for rocket drop, it's far more deadly.

Also, INS HAB is already 350 points I believe whereas US HAB is 500. It's a noticeable advantage. Reducing the ticket cost of INS radios to say 10 would be interesting tho, because they can benefit from aggressive FOB building (360 degree HMG placements, SPGs, ammo crates for mines and RPGs, etc.).