heborn

Tanks and bomb cars

On 11/29/2016 at 7:04 AM, Rybec said:

Saying it's political is absolutely stupid.

Why have a faction which is essentially just men from a third world desert country in an unofficial military being picked on in the desert by the US army or Russian army?

Bomb cars were an essential part of the insurgent's kit in PR and they would be just as valuable in Squad. What did you worry about most in PR when using an APC or tank?

It wasn't RPGs

It wasn't mines.

It was the red cars. It was Gary. It was Big Red.

There is nothing political about suicide bombers. Only what you attach to it in context. Why does someone in PR use a bomb car to destroy an APC? It's not because of political motivation, it's a tool that fighting force uses.

Anything can be made offensive if you try to attach something to it. VBIEDs are a very real threat to armored assets. I remember seeing this thread forever ago and we had a fantastic discussion about it before it was locked.

How about this for political sensitivity, how DARE you guys have a video game which shows AMERICAN soldiers being killed? I have friends in the American military and I demand you remove this thoughtless and offensive material from your game.

Reveal hidden contents

Of course that last part is satirical but that actually stopped some guys from making Six Days in Fallujah because someone complained so much.

If i could give you a thousand likes i would. Also, one of the reasons Squad was made is to add features that weren't possible in PR if i remember correctly. Finally the era of political correctness is slowly dying out since people realized that all it does is impede free speech, oh and Trump won. 

If people remember one of the reasons it was so nerve wrecking seeing an insurgent car or truck in project reality , is that it also could be a civillian collaborator in it, which if you killed instead of arrested, you lost 100 team points, so you really had to pick your targets. 

Also, if devs cannot be made to see reason, and if MODS are allowed to have such features, we should make a mod that adds such things to Squad rather than request devs to make it for us. After all it's how PR started.

Edited by MilosV

24 minutes ago, MilosV said:

Also, if devs cannot be made to see reason, and if MODS are allowed to have such features, we should make a mod that adds such things to Squad rather than request devs to make it for us. After all it's how PR started.

That's the beauty of mods.

Preface; Played a little bit of PR but not a lot, not sure if any of the following was in that game and will be carried over here eventually.

I don't think suicide vests are very viable gameplay-wise. There aren't any civilians for insurgents to blend in with, etc.

But I think VBIEDs would certainly be viable, especially depending on their implementation. Have the VBIED cost you tickets if it explodes like any other vehicle, and it's up to the team/driver to find a valuable enough target (such as an enemy FOB, vehicle carpool, etc.) that would make it worthwhile trade of tickets.

Or you could have non-suicide VBIEDs, regular cars that you can park throughout the map (could blend in with the regular cars that are dotted around maps, especially if those are slightly randomised to prevent memorisation), that can be triggered remotely be an observer or tripped by enemies to detonate. Explosion would be much larger than a bomb that can be simply placed by a player in the ground.

Not sure about the political insensitivities argument (I know the German government gets assblasted about content in games), but if we're playing a game that includes insurgency, USA vs. Middle Eastern Militias, etc., and we're shooting each other with rifles, throwing grenades at each other, etc., I don't see how a carbomb is much different.

Edited by Kerri
Added preface

Battlefield has cars on which you can put explosives, so it means there were already bomb cars and it was the most fun thing you could do (with rodeo ennemy's tanks) So, it wont hurt anyone, It is safe. 

People get shoot in the game, we kill militia that look like civils. You already can blow up yourself in a car by shooting on yourself, or running with a nade that you activated

The bomb car isn't that political incorrect because it already exists, it is just that by not supporting the bomb car, you want a half maden game that already has bomb car, but useless...

If you against bomb cars, you should asm that all cars that can already blow up theirself removed

This should be present in Rebels faction. Suicide bomb car with great blast radius is a very common tactic in this armies.  

"Bomb Car" and "Car Bomb" are two totally different things.

"Bomb Car" is usually a suicide bomber in a car laden with explosives.

"Car Bomb" is usually a hidden bomb inside a roadside car that detonates when enemy forces move near it (either automatically or manually detonated).